PDA

View Full Version : no com port mptune

going4speed
05-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Installed MP scan and the ftdi cable driver. windows makes the noise when its plugged in but no com port active in Mptune.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

ShelGame
05-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Go into windows device manager, find the FTDI cable (it's probably under USB devices, serial port adapter or similar name), open the properties by double clicking, then find the 'Use VCP Driver' checkbox on one of the tabs. Check it. Close. And you should now have a COM port in windows that is the FTDI cable.

I've been trying to make a how-to for this, just can't find the time...

going4speed
05-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I looked and I think the problem is this is a mac with dual boot. I dont think a mac can do com ports properly.

going4speed
05-13-2014, 10:25 PM
ok its working for sensor diagnostics but the gages I set up in a profile dont show any movement with the car running. I can look at sensor diagnostics and it will show me data with the car running. hmmm...

wowzer
05-13-2014, 11:53 PM
what ecu and cal? make sure it shows the ftdi cable and baud rates in the lower left hand area when you start mpscan. directly load a profile and try logging. when done send me or post up the mpscanport.txt file from the program directory where mpscan is run from. i'll see if i can help you figure it out.

going4speed
05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Shelgame socketed tsmec '88 with the amazing stage II cal. Will try again tomorrow with the suggested info. Thanks.