PDA

View Full Version : TIII No Spark Caused by Factory Alarm?

Turbo224
05-09-2014, 10:24 AM
When I first bought my car 15 years ago I ran into a guy who owned a white Daytona R/T. I talked with him for a while but never stayed in touch. I have wondered ever since what happened to the car. Yesterday when I went to lunch I drove past a tire shop and saw the same car sitting on their parking lot. Long story short, the guy pulled the motor, rebuilt everything, put it back together, and now it wont start. The car will not spark. He's replaced the coil pack already. It has a factory alarm, and I suspect it has to do with that. He doesn't get online, so I thought I'd post this here and gather some ideas for him. Any thoughts?

turbo84voyager
05-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Usuially with the factory alarm or when the SBEC gets confused and thinks the alarm is armed ( even though there is no alarm) they will start for a second and then turn off due to fuel being cut off. Sounds like something else is wrong.

Black93RT
05-09-2014, 10:55 AM
When I first bought my car 15 years ago I ran into a guy who owned a white Daytona R/T. I talked with him for a while but never stayed in touch. I have wondered ever since what happened to the car. Yesterday when I went to lunch I drove past a tire shop and saw the same car sitting on their parking lot. Long story short, the guy pulled the motor, rebuilt everything, put it back together, and now it wont start. The car will not spark. He's replaced the coil pack already. It has a factory alarm, and I suspect it has to do with that. He doesn't get online, so I thought I'd post this here and gather some ideas for him. Any thoughts?

Did they happen to throw a new clutch in there when they pulled the engine and rebuilt everything?

Turbo224
05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Did they happen to throw a new clutch in there when they pulled the engine and rebuilt everything?

Yes, I believe he did replace the clutch, I suppose it could be crank sensor related...

86Shelby
05-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Clutch plate covering the crank slots is what I was going to suggest as well. A scanner should show if there is a crank signal during cranking; or at the least probe the leads and use a scope to see if there is a signal. Perhaps the cam sensor is too far away from the cam gear.

drewboy404
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Talk to boost button. I had the same thing happen to me after i rebuilt my engine. My computer had failed so i got a new one through FWD. The new computer had a car alarm enabled, so the car wouldn't start. I originally looked at everythig timing, including getting new cam and crank sensors. Boost button gave me a chip to put in my ecu, turned on the ignition, then off and put the original flashed chip in. Car started no problems