PDA

View Full Version : GLHS cal idles fast on decel

mock_glh
04-21-2014, 12:33 PM
I recently modified an MP Stage2 GLHS cal for 52# injectors for a guy. It runs great but now the idle speed on deceleration is 2000 rpm until the car actually stops Does anyone know what adjustment I can make to the cal to remedy this? I don't know if any of my table files show the address of this feature.

86Shelby
04-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Verify that the SDS is working properly. I've had them fail in my GLHS which caused a 2k idle until the car was nearly stopped. To make things a bit more interesting there wasn't a code 15 set to guide diagnostics.

jayspartanburg
04-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Out of curiosity does it not come down until you stop or until you get under 5 mph?

ATaylorRacing
04-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Make sure the throttle body blade area is all clean...I have had that problem before....or...one time when I had the problem my expansive use of nitrous actually bent the blade!

mock_glh
04-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Out of curiosity does it not come down until you stop or until you get under 5 mph?

Exactly, that's how it's designed to work, only not so much. I need to adjust it down by the cal.

5DIGITS
04-24-2014, 07:07 AM
I recently modified an MP Stage2 GLHS cal for 52# injectors for a guy. It runs great but now the idle speed on deceleration is 2000 rpm until the car actually stops Does anyone know what adjustment I can make to the cal to remedy this? I don't know if any of my table files show the address of this feature.

The rolling decel control uses a target map/load strategy while the idle based control targets an RPM.
This is why there was mention of the speed sensor due to it being used to differentiate between the two methods.
Does the cal still use a stock map sensor?

mock_glh
04-29-2014, 12:24 PM
The rolling decel control uses a target map/load strategy while the idle based control targets an RPM.
This is why there was mention of the speed sensor due to it being used to differentiate between the two methods.
Does the cal still use a stock map sensor?

Stock MAP sensor. Only the fuel maps were scaled for 52# injectors.

Turbo SOB
05-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I am also having this problem. On decel the RPMs hold at 2000. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Today. it went just over 2500.

I have a ported head/intake/exhaust with a Turbonetics Stg III and 42 lb injectors. The cal I am running is Turbonator LM 2.5 MTX "Cust" scaled for the injectors.

I am also having this problem:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/jeff_vs/parts/IMAG0579.jpg

I am very rich on startup! LOL...

I have tried moving the AFR tables to match something described in another thread here, with no benefit. I have tried playing with the starting fuel tables, even plotted the expected pulse width in Excel given that strange formula in the "Table Description".

I am purposely not installing my wideband O2 because I don't want to coat it like the curb above, where I park every day at work.

Should I be playing with the pumping efficiency table to try to fix this? If so, do I need to move it up or down to lower the AFR?

Thanks,
Jeff