PDA

View Full Version : Auto Cross Times for past SDAC events?

minigts
04-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Anyone have a link for these times? I can't seem to find them doing searches on the site.

2.216VTurbo
04-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Anyone have a link for these times? I can't seem to find them doing searches on the site.

Prolly better that way Jon, you're waaaaay at the bottom of the times list:lol:

168glhs1986
04-09-2014, 10:08 PM
I have a picture of last years. I will text it to you

minigts
04-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Prolly better that way Jon, you're waaaaay at the bottom of the times list:lol:

lol I think I remember beating YOUR time. :)

I have a picture of last years. I will text it to you

Thanks Mike! Definitely need to start a thread to keep up with these. There should be ones for 21, 22 and 23 I'm pretty sure.

85boostbox
04-09-2014, 11:24 PM
He just wants to cry himself to sleep I think guys. That's okay I got the Konis on the neon now. Let the games begin :p:thumbup:

Paul

minigts
04-09-2014, 11:31 PM
he just wants to cry himself to sleep i think guys. That's okay i got the konis on the neon now. Let the games begin :p:thumbup:

Paul

rofl bring it paul! :)

85boostbox
04-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Turbodave
04-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks Mike! Definitely need to start a thread to keep up with these. There should be ones for 21, 22 and 23 I'm pretty sure.

We didn't have an autocross at 21, but JT and I should have the results from 22 and 23 somewhere. I checked my SDAC folder from last year and they aren't in it, but if I find them I'll see what we can do about getting them scanned and uploaded to the SDAC site.

minigts
04-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

That car looks familiar....OH I remember! It was in my rear view mirror. Hard to make out though, sorta kept getting smaller and smaller... ;)

What year was Haggerstown? There was one for MD that year, maybe it wasn't 21. We were going to go, but had to do a timing belt on the side of the road. OH it was 2010, that was when I got the GLHS, so 20?

sdac guy
04-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I just sent JT the SDAC-20 spreadsheet for the autocross times.

If you PM your email addy to me, I will send it to you Jon.

Barry

minigts
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
I just sent JT the SDAC-20 spreadsheet for the autocross times.

If you PM your email addy to me, I will send it to you Jon.

Barry

SWEET!!! Thanks Barry. The times for 20 can be posted in here when JT can get to it. I didn't run in that event, just wanted to see if we could get the times collected together in one place. Cordes and I were discussing the runnings and couldn't remember the times I ran or really others ran. Not sure if the HEADS of the autocross "kings" will fit in these text boxes, but it is only fair that all the details of the events are posted for all to see. :D This is coming together nicely.

sdac guy
04-10-2014, 12:09 PM
At 20, there were 32 competitors, and they ran 8 runs. The sheet I have lists the times for all runs so that is 256 times. Even if only the fastest run for each person, that is still 32 stats. Kinda big for this thread???

Posting the sheet(s) on the SDAC website and then providing a link here would probably be the best.

Barry

minigts
04-10-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm not really concerned where they are published but the fact that they aren't. Post them elsewhere and link from here is fine. The main reason I started the thread is that this information is posted nowhere. If it gets posted then my work is done. :D

sdac guy
04-11-2014, 10:32 AM
It does follow the pattern though. SDAC hasn't been in the habit of publishing all the drag strip data, or a breakdown of the car show voting. The winners are announced at the event and recapped in the newsletter.

To track and publish all the details of any or all the events is quite an undertaking when most of the managements time is taken simply by keeping up with the club work, needs, and demands.

For example, the only reason the data for SDAC-20 is available in spreadsheet form, is because we had to be able to look at the overall picture to help determine Top Gun, so the data was input into a form to make it manageable. I don't recall any of the other events held while I was in charge ever being input to a spreadsheet or database. While on site, we looked at the paper or printouts to determine the winners and then filed the paper when we returned home.

The fact that this may be published this time is out of respect for your request. I don't believe it should be counted on as a precedent set for future event details.

Barry

168glhs1986
04-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Why wouldn't SDAC want to make this information available online for the enjoyment of your members and prospective members. Is it a time issue? Too much data not enough time to enter it? Or juice not worth the squeeze issue? And not enough interest in drag time data, car show data, top gun results etc...I for one would love to be able to see the data from past events. I can't tell you how many times I look at photos from past events.

Pat
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure I want to see it published for all the world to see that Barry M. kicks my --- year over year in the SDAC autocross...and often in my own car! :-)

Joking aside, numbers are fun to look at but I see how it would be a complete hassle to compile the data, keep a record of it and then host it. With everything else that has to happen to make the event work, it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

168glhs1986
04-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Auto cross numbers specifically have been compiled by the host and a print out has been available. That would take about a minute to scan. It looks like this.

Who's that Michel Wah guy? He must be fast.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/12/agu4e4uv.jpg

minigts
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
It does follow the pattern though. SDAC hasn't been in the habit of publishing all the drag strip data, or a breakdown of the car show voting. The winners are announced at the event and recapped in the newsletter.

To track and publish all the details of any or all the events is quite an undertaking when most of the managements time is taken simply by keeping up with the club work, needs, and demands.

For example, the only reason the data for SDAC-20 is available in spreadsheet form, is because we had to be able to look at the overall picture to help determine Top Gun, so the data was input into a form to make it manageable. I don't recall any of the other events held while I was in charge ever being input to a spreadsheet or database. While on site, we looked at the paper or printouts to determine the winners and then filed the paper when we returned home.

The fact that this may be published this time is out of respect for your request. I don't believe it should be counted on as a precedent set for future event details.

Barry

Barry I do understand the undertaking, it can be a lot to manage. I will make a pledge now to assist in any way that I can to manage any times for auto-cross and keep it current and posted somewhere, even if that means doing data entry and gathering. I did data entry about 2 weeks ago for a company, close to 700 records and 10 sub records per, so 250 is not much for me. :)

The times for drag racing are sorta kept up with the times thread that JT started or supports, so it could be as simple as that, just have people submit their times and then one person updates. If JT can add a section to the site where the times are managed, I'm game for working it out to keep that section up to date and organizing it accordingly. Referencing Mike's enthusiasm below, we need to start keeping this because we can. If it means we need to get more involved and take some load off anyone managing this organization, my sleeves are rolled up and I got my boots on.

Why wouldn't SDAC want to make this information available online for the enjoyment of your members and prospective members. Is it a time issue? Too much data not enough time to enter it? Or juice not worth the squeeze issue? And not enough interest in drag time data, car show data, top gun results etc...I for one would love to be able to see the data from past events. I can't tell you how many times I look at photos from past events.

Agreed Mike. See Barry, when Mike has to hand over his "crown" to me this year, it will be sweet victory not only on the track but in YEARS to come when I can every so often send Mike a link to the page that houses the data showing where he lost to my GLHS, secretly named The Blackbird Project. Each tear he sheds when reviewing this information will be worth every key stroke of data entry to maintain this information.

I'm not sure I want to see it published for all the world to see that Barry M. kicks my --- year over year in the SDAC autocross...and often in my own car! :-)

Joking aside, numbers are fun to look at but I see how it would be a complete hassle to compile the data, keep a record of it and then host it. With everything else that has to happen to make the event work, it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

haha Barry is one crazy driver. I speak all the time of beating Mike when I should be chasing to beat Barry.

- - - Updated - - -

Auto cross numbers specifically have been compiled by the host and a print out has been available. That would take about a minute to scan. It looks like this.

Who's that Michel Wah guy? He must be fast.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/12/agu4e4uv.jpg

Stupid cone! I had Menagon beat had it not been for that pesky thing!

turboshadow
04-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Psh .15 seconds

minigts
04-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Psh .15 seconds

HAHAHA Lean into him Nathan!

168glhs1986
04-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Psh .15 seconds

.155 Nathan, lol. Man that was close. I gave away my secret of shifting into 1st gear for the last turn, did you use it?

You bringing the Charger this year for a rematch? Although I do plan on bringing Consulier.

turboshadow
04-11-2014, 01:09 PM
.155 Nathan, lol. Man that was close. I gave away my secret of shifting into 1st gear for the last turn, did you use it?

You bringing the Charger this year for a rematch? Although I do plan on bringing Consulier.
No i stayed in 2nd that last turn was a killer though.
Im not sure about SDAC depends on what day the auto x is.

Pat
04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I can't wait...if there's an autox, I'm definitely in.

minigts
04-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I can't wait...if there's an autox, I'm definitely in.

Without the Special K car, what are you bringing this year? Fiber One?

Turbodave
04-11-2014, 01:53 PM

Yeah, last years was in a decent format, but I don't think what we got at 22 was that pretty.

And the drag race times, don't get me started there, last year was probably 100 pages of printouts, it was a mess. It would probably be easier to scan a service manual.

As to why they haven't been posted before? Nobody ever asked..

sdac guy
04-11-2014, 02:25 PM

It is not an issue that "SDAC wouldn't want to make this info available". It has been that nobody has ever asked before. It has always been low priority, too much else to do or to get done.

And also, SDAC doesn't ever want to embarrass anybody, so we don't even announce the vote tally at the car show. Because sometimes the voting is close, and sometimes it is so lopsided, that clearly the loser(s) should be embarrassed. :lol:

So you may be curious and want the right to see it all, but someone else may say, "Uh, not so fast there, I don't know if I want my data posted." There are at least two sides to it, possibly more. As an orgnization, SDAC has to try to view it from all sides and then decide what is in the best interest of all involved.

Jon, I applaud your attitude to assist in this process. But while I have tried to lend some insight to it, the ultimate decision is of course up to JT & Dave.

Barry

Pat
04-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Without the Special K car, what are you bringing this year? Fiber One?

The other TM GRM winner. :-)

85boostbox
04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Uh oh. The shadow is coming out.

On a side note Jon, I wouldn't be requesting numbers when I came in 6th.... :p

Pat
04-12-2014, 08:16 PM
I worked on another potential autox contender today.

85boostbox
04-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Isn't that cliff Sebring silver Bullet?

Pat
04-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Isn't that cliff Sebring silver Bullet?

It was Cliff's years ago. Barry Miles has owned it the last few years.

minigts
04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah, last years was in a decent format, but I don't think what we got at 22 was that pretty.

And the drag race times, don't get me started there, last year was probably 100 pages of printouts, it was a mess. It would probably be easier to scan a service manual.

As to why they haven't been posted before? Nobody ever asked..

Fair enough. Dave, I will be more than happy to help with this, just let me know.

It is not an issue that "SDAC wouldn't want to make this info available". It has been that nobody has ever asked before. It has always been low priority, too much else to do or to get done.

And also, SDAC doesn't ever want to embarrass anybody, so we don't even announce the vote tally at the car show. Because sometimes the voting is close, and sometimes it is so lopsided, that clearly the loser(s) should be embarrassed. :lol:

So you may be curious and want the right to see it all, but someone else may say, "Uh, not so fast there, I don't know if I want my data posted." There are at least two sides to it, possibly more. As an orgnization, SDAC has to try to view it from all sides and then decide what is in the best interest of all involved.

Jon, I applaud your attitude to assist in this process. But while I have tried to lend some insight to it, the ultimate decision is of course up to JT & Dave.

Barry

Good point Barry. New line item on the forms, authorization to post event details publicly for all to see. :D

The other TM GRM winner. :-)

Subtle Pat, subtle.

Uh oh. The shadow is coming out.

On a side note Jon, I wouldn't be requesting numbers when I came in 6th.... :p

hahaha IT'S OOOONNNN!!!!

It was Cliff's years ago. Barry Miles has owned it the last few years.

I do love seeing that car run around the track. Barry was seconds behind the fastest car at the event in Detroit. That one ran like a 49 and Barry ran a 51 maybe? It was something stupid fast. I tried to break below 60 and did not do it. :\

85boostbox
04-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Only thing that has to be added to the neon now are sway bars. I still have no rear on it and I can definitely feel it even with the Konis cranked all the way up.:confused: then do some shakedowns at the local scca chapter.

It is definitely on.... :thumbup: