PDA

View Full Version : 85 Colt GTS turbo

2.216VTurbo
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I was grabbing a trans and some cables at 1/2 price day at the local PYP, They had just dropped a new row of cars yesterday and one of them was this very strait 1985 Colt turbo GTS.:eyebrows: I think I have only ever seen a couple of them back in the day, it had the Starion/Conquest jr motor the G32B turbo. Pretty aggressive look with the chin spoiler, side rail spoilers and two hatch spoilers, one above and one below:thumb: The seats were kind of like the seats in my old Starion too and those were mega comfy:thumb: The whole thing probably weighs what, 1800lbs? Not like I need any more projects or have the space but a 2L Mitsu turbo swap would probably go right in...

mcsvt
09-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Pictures? I would love to see it :) Definitely sounds like a rare one.

1FastCSX289
09-02-2006, 07:59 AM
I was grabbing a trans and some cables at 1/2 price day at the local PYP, They had just dropped a new row of cars yesterday and one of them was this very strait 1985 Colt turbo GTS.:eyebrows: I think I have only ever seen a couple of them back in the day, it had the Starion/Conquest jr motor the G32B turbo. Pretty aggressive look with the chin spoiler, side rail spoilers and two hatch spoilers, one above and one below:thumb: The seats were kind of like the seats in my old Starion too and those were mega comfy:thumb: The whole thing probably weighs what, 1800lbs? Not like I need any more projects or have the space but a 2L Mitsu turbo swap would probably go right in...

You can drop in the 4G63 motor and go nuts with that thing. Serious power for a little car.

johnl
09-22-2006, 06:59 PM
In 1985 I bought a GLHT (5% financing and 5yr 50,000 mile warranty sold me) instead of the Mitsu/Colt Turbo. Drove them both. The salesman at the Mitsu dealer created an additional impression of speed when he floored it down a narrow half street/lane with tall buildings and cars parked on both sides. The narrowness enhanced the feeling of speed. Good sales trick BTW. It was an auto and the thing stayed on the torque curve beautifully.