PDA

View Full Version : Consulier alignment specs?

player1up
03-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Has anyone had their car on an alignment machine yet?
I'm curious to see how it's setup.

168glhs1986
03-12-2014, 12:17 PM
I think we should ask Dan to see if he remembers

Johnny
03-13-2014, 07:24 AM
I did and had the front end set. Adjusts just like a FWD mopar. (But not the same suspension)
The hubs are the same.
I also need to now do the rear, as I just did it all over. I was just going to set it at 0.

168glhs1986
04-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Johnny - does it handle better with the new alignment? What are your specs?

Johnny
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes, SO much better. The computer had to have a car input but it did not have Consulier so we picked NSX because it's mid engine. But operator could put the alignment where he wanted it.

168glhs1986
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks Johnny so no camber front?

Johnny
04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Seems strange for sure. But sure seems better.

player1up
04-25-2014, 09:36 AM
So is it less twitchy at high speed? Well, I don't really mean twitchy, mine is just super sensitive above 70mph.
Can you describe the handling before vs after?

I'm not sure what the "after" is, is that the "actual" column?

When you say "put the alignment where he wanted it." Did he give you a reason why or how he decided what to set it to?

Johnny
04-25-2014, 09:53 AM
So is it less twitchy at high speed? Well, I don't really mean twitchy, mine is just super sensitive above 70mph.

Yes. Even at lower speeds it felt responsive without being twitchy.

I'm not sure what the "after" is, is that the "actual" column?

I didn't ask, just assumed it was.

When you say "put the alignment where he wanted it." Did he give you a reason why or how he decided what to set it to?

He is a car guy and has years of doing this. I told him how I drive and it would be used for autocross sometimes.

He said with a car like this, it did not need the extreme camber like I used in the GLHS.
And with only a couple inches of suspension travel it should handle well like he set it.
He told me to try it and he would be happy to change it to try something else.

Just taking off from the shop heading down highway 101 I liked it right away.
At 90 mph it was better. Corners were more stable.
So I left it as he set it.

GLHNSLHT2
04-25-2014, 10:35 AM
He took a bunch of camber out of the front right but added some to the front left for a more even camber setting. Also to get the car to be less twitchy at speed he added some Toe in. Toe is what causes the car to be twichy or not. I haven't seen the suspension other than here in pics but I'd assume the camber curve is pretty good so a lot of initial camber might not be necessary unlike our FWD cars. Just watch the tire wear, if you have more wear to the outside edge you'll need more negative camber. If the car understeers you'll want more camber up front or less in the rear depending on tire wear and vice versa if it oversteers.

player1up
04-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Yes. Even at lower speeds it felt responsive without being twitchy.

I didn't ask, just assumed it was.

He is a car guy and has years of doing this. I told him how I drive and it would be used for autocross sometimes.

He said with a car like this, it did not need the extreme camber like I used in the GLHS.
And with only a couple inches of suspension travel it should handle well like he set it.
He told me to try it and he would be happy to change it to try something else.

Just taking off from the shop heading down highway 101 I liked it right away.
At 90 mph it was better. Corners were more stable.
So I left it as he set it.

Cool, exactly what I needed to know. Now I need to find someone that will work with me...most of the shops around here said they'll "try", but no guarantees.

Johnny
04-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Print out that sheet and give it to them.
IT IS possible to make it happen, as they did it to mine.

GTP#44
05-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes, SO much better. The computer had to have a car input but it did not have Consulier so we picked NSX because it's mid engine. But operator could put the alignment where he wanted it.
This is great info I am bringing it to the guy doing my alignment.
I am very lucky that Calaghan Tire did work on the Consuliers when they were being built they are located just behind Mosler.
He remembers them well ,the specs will help him still.
Thanks Johnny for posting them.

Johnny
05-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Let me know if he has any insight to this.