PDA

View Full Version : brake line availability

Directconnection
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Need new brakelines for my Shadow. Any suggestions besides the dealer? Car isn't rusty, but the rear brakelines are and I am converting the solids to vented so I need to pull it apart.

travis_k
09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Make them yourself, or send a sample to one of the places that makes prebent tubing and have them make a set for you.

Turbodave
09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Classic tube offers pre-bent fuel lines for Daytonas, that's the closest I could find. However, maybe they will bend you up a set if you send them yours. I'm probably going to need a set for my Shadow eventually too, so maybe there is a market for the parts?

http://www.classictube.com

MiniMopar
09-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the Daytona one would work, see as how my Shadow exhaust fit my Daytona perfectly. The floorpan is pretty much the same, it seems. Some slight tweaking might be required, but it would save time over bending your own.

supercrackerbox
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Classic tube offers pre-bent fuel lines for Daytonas, that's the closest I could find. However, maybe they will bend you up a set if you send them yours. I'm probably going to need a set for my Shadow eventually too, so maybe there is a market for the parts?

http://www.classictube.com

I have been in contact with them, and they can duplicate any lines that you send them.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they have an option between standard or stainless steel.

WickedShelby88
09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I was just on the website the other day looking for options for future upgrades and found a few places that offered stainless line. Classictube, however, is one of the more broad places and yes they can custom make a set of stainless and standard brake lines for you. As long as the lines are somewhat intact they would be able to replicate them just like the ones you had. cost im sure depends on application and length. I think I priced line at around 42 dollars for just regular straight line enough to do a car. Id contact them for the prebent price as soon as you decide thats what your wanting.