PDA

View Full Version : My new CSX runs an LS1 firehawk.....

1FastCSX289
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I could tell it was modded by the nasty exhaust note and gauges on the A-pillar. I thought this would be a nice opportunity to see if the CSX is a 12 second car at 16 lbs of boost. We were pulling out onto the highway and he was behind me on the on ramp. I stomped on it and he followed and stayed behind me pretty well.....so I didnt know if he was struggling to keep up or just toying with me.

We couldnt get lined up due to heavy traffic so we played it cool for a while folllowing each other until the highway turned to a light to light, 4 lane road. I pulled up next to him at the light (behind other cars). The look on his face was PRICELESS. He didnt know what the heck I was driving. I already knew the answer by the look on his face, but I asked him if he was pulling up on me on the on-ramp. He said "Not that I could notice". I asked him what he was running at the track and he said LOW
12's! NICE!

So, we took off from the light and waited for traffic to clear out ahead. He was behind me again and we both hammered on it. It was pretty even until I got way up in the RPMS and then I started to walk a bit on him. I wish I could have talked to him afterwards, but I pulled off and he didnt follow. It was a good race except for the fact that my EGT gauge started wigging out on the way back home.....but I guess if youre gonna play, youre gonna pay. :lol:

Dave
09-01-2006, 03:14 PM
:eek: Damn. NICE kill!

You have the CSX that was up for sale forever, right? The white one?

1FastCSX289
09-02-2006, 07:50 AM
:eek: Damn. NICE kill!

You have the CSX that was up for sale forever, right? The white one?

I have the CSX that was up for sale forever....the RED one. Its an 89. I dont know if I would count it as a kill. I was just creeping on him.....and my EGT gauge broke, so he really killed me :D