PDA

View Full Version : Turbonator Staging Limiter on SBEC questions.

vipernbox
02-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Working still on my Rail Buggy and have a couple questions. I am trying to sort out how to do the speed sensor and have a couple options. The VW setup drives a cable off of the front hub and would require an electronic or mechanical ratio adapter. The easy button here is a GPS speedometer sending unit..

http://www.egaugesplus.com/gps-speedometer-senders.html

So here is the question..

I see I can use the a/c switch or something like that to trigger the staging limiter in turbonator. I assume this would allow me to use some kind of momentary or toogle switch to activate/deactivate the feature?

Will this ensure if I drive under a tunnel or where I might happen to not have GPS signal the staging limiter won't hold me back...

The second question is boost by speed? Can I do this with the VNT setup? and again.. What would it default to in the absence of speed distance signal?

(this is all about doing (or not doing) wheelies :thumb: )

ShelGame
02-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Is it a manual trans? Usually I use the brake switch. That way the staging limited only works when you're on the brakes. Of course, you can also use a simple switch, wire it into the AC input as you mentioned.

vipernbox
02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Yes... Manual trans..

So a toggle switch or latching push button could be used... to simply switch it on and leave it on... Or to completely turn it off?

That would be perfect... I got to thinking it could be a real PIA to use if I go with the GPS based speed sensor and have the buggy stuck... Or it might be really helpful... :lol:

IIRC on the turbonator cals I have used it on in the past all I had to do was touch the brake to engage it.. I didn't have to stay on the brake? Right?