PDA

View Full Version : How much do they really weigh?

168glhs1986
02-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Anyone have the ability to weigh theres on an accurate scale?

I have seen reports of anywhere from 1950 lbs to 2150 lbs. Do we really know?

I hope to have mine corner balanced before sdac but just curious more than anything.

85boostbox
02-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Johnny just posted in his targa thread that his car weighed in at a little over 2300 without him in the car. Little on the heavy side...

ForzaV12
02-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Mine isn't that heavy. I'll post before and after weight figures soon. I've shedded a bit a weight as my new recaros, RS style carpet/felt, RS door panels,exhaust test pipe, removal of 80's bad taste(nutsack scrunchy on dash, garter belt squishy pockets in door sills, cell phone mount, big clunky steering wheel/hub/adaptor,etc) have all contributed to a bit of a diet. I also plan to fit the super light 15" wheels that are currently on another Mopar to complete the reduction.

168glhs1986
02-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Johnny just posted in his targa thread that his car weighed in at a little over 2300 without him in the car. Little on the heavy side...

Kinda surprised by that but could be.

Johnny
02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
I saw a race car GTP and the driver let me sit in it (early 90's).
When opening the door I was kind of shock on how light it was.
No glass, no inner panel. So I am guessing the whole car was bare bones to make it race weight.
On the other side is my LX. Electric door locks, electric windows, speakers.
AND things like cruz control, tilt steering, air conditioning, etc.
It all adds up.
2320 pounds on mine is with some fuel…but not me in it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not willing to make mine lighter to give up my comforts.

ForzaV12
02-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm willing to give up all the ugly-the dumb nutsack on the dash and their counterparts below the door panels. The old school phone mount also went into the bin as did the nasty mousefur headliner and foam. The carpet was actually of decent quality-just not fitted too well and water damaged as there are too big holes with weird screens/vents in floor pan. Must have left out plugs or something as driving over any large puddle would fill car with water. Saved a little more weight by losing the awful door panels with their low rent(omni?) armrests with built in ash trays. I think the big alloy "Transformers" steering wheel horn button thing weighs more than the entire new steering wheel that i fitted.

Rrider
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
So what does she weigh Forza??

The front mounted spare is 28.5 pounds.

ForzaV12
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
I'll get back to it-stuck on the back burner again for a bit. Full thrash trying to get two vintage Corvettes ready for the Targa California and one very nasty old Coronet for Mopars at the Strip. Not to mention a half dozen cars that I'll be offering for sale shortly!!!