PDA

View Full Version : Being the reigning autocross champion......

168glhs1986
02-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes I know a certain Dr. with the last name Miles was not driving the Silver Bullit and Team Scaries was resting peacefully in Md.

But I digress, being the reigning autocross champion has its perks. Magazine photoshoots, hot babes in bikinis constantly wanting an autograph and a picture with the car and yes, getting to select the next years course.

Well here it is and Team #168 choose this one.

http://www.sugarriverraceway.com/index-back.html

Did anyone who attended last time not have a good time? What could be more fun than autocross during the day then racing karts at night?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRrFcUAm3I

Now what American is with me? How about any Russians? And Edward Snowden doesn't count.

cordes
02-15-2014, 08:02 PM
That does look like a blast.

SactoShadow
02-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Looks like fun!

2.216VTurbo
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Wait, Autocross? As in OMG I HIT A CONE?? That's plus 1 on my scoresheet!! Great times and practice for driving at the local grocery:p

168glhs1986
02-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Wait, Autocross? As in OMG I HIT A CONE?? That's plus 1 on my scoresheet!! Great times and practice for driving at the local grocery:p

Haha, its no 24 hour of lemans but we will take what we can get.

Johnny
02-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Being the reigning autocross champion......

That sounds like your saying you can beat me!

168glhs1986
02-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Doubtful Johhny, although i do think we need a rwd class.

blk86trbo
02-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Sugar River is a good time, I've only been there once but it was a blast! Just to let everyone know, if you've never raced a serious go kart, you might be surprised to find out it takes more muscle than you think to wrestle these rockets around the track. Not only does it take strong arms to fight the steering, these suckers take corners like they are on rails! After a few races, if you're out of shape, it can be a chore to even hold your helmet up straight...LoL I'm not kidding, get working on your cardio now!

Johnny
02-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Is this in place of the autocross?

Johnny
02-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Doubtful Johhny
Go Karts are who knows.
Autocross…it was a challenge! :)

168glhs1986
02-16-2014, 02:05 PM
No both autocross and karts.

Barbie competes in the ladies division ;)

Johnny
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Barbie competes in the ladies division ;)

Usually maybe, but I think after this winter she can step up into the big boys class.

- - - Updated - - -

But then, will you have autocross tires on against my street tires?

168glhs1986
02-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Usually maybe, but I think after this winter she can step up into the big boys class.

- - - Updated - - -

But then, will you have autocross tires on against my street tires?

That's the spirit :)

I will be rolling on Toyo R1R street tires. 225 in rear and 205 in front

Johnny
02-16-2014, 03:24 PM
WELL, those are street tires, but much better than my "just" street tires.
I was thinking of getting those so I can drive to the autocross and not have to change wheels/tires there.
Have you used them before?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about taking the trip there and back with them on the car though…..5,000 miles.

168glhs1986
02-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Sugar River is a good time, I've only been there once but it was a blast! Just to let everyone know, if you've never raced a serious go kart, you might be surprised to find out it takes more muscle than you think to wrestle these rockets around the track. Not only does it take strong arms to fight the steering, these suckers take corners like they are on rails! After a few races, if you're out of shape, it can be a chore to even hold your helmet up straight...LoL I'm not kidding, get working on your cardio now!

Would be good for Saturday and lick your site wounds at the laid back car show on Sunday.

bfarroo
02-21-2014, 12:04 AM
It was a lot of fun having the carting party last Chicago SDAC and as stated above it's a real workout driving those things. I was sore for days after and I consider myself in OK shape! Well worth the money!

BadAssPerformance
03-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Awesome to see the AutoX enthusiasm! :clap:

We have not had an AutoX combined with a Chicagoland area SDAC event before and this year we truly want to make it happen! We will do our best to make an AutoX part of the SDAC-23 schedule are currently looking at a couple options.

One option is to have a local SCCA club host the AutoX for us in a parking lot similar to what we have done previous years' SDAC events.

Another option is to hold the AutoX at SugarRiver (Where did Mike get such an idea!? LOL...

Right now about 50/50 on which option will work the best and we have many things to weigh in such as cost, insurance, location, proximity to other events and hotel, etc...

Stay tuned!

Pat
03-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Awesome to see the AutoX enthusiasm! :clap:

We have not had an AutoX combined with a Chicagoland area SDAC event before and this year we truly want to make it happen! We will do our best to make an AutoX part of the SDAC-23 schedule are currently looking at a couple options.

One option is to have a local SCCA club host the AutoX for us in a parking lot similar to what we have done previous years' SDAC events.

Another option is to hold the AutoX at SugarRiver (Where did Mike get such an idea!? LOL...

Right now about 50/50 on which option will work the best and we have many things to weigh in such as cost, insurance, location, proximity to other events and hotel, etc...

Stay tuned!

I have my fingers crossed something works out! Thanks, JT!

Johnny
03-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I have my fingers crossed something works out! Thanks, JT!

Me too!