PDA

View Full Version : A.P.B. Red GLHS!

2.216VTurbo
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
It's time to get the Baja 1000 car prepped again so we are at the 'shop' where the race cars live. BTW this shop is like 10,000 feet of workspace, two lifts etc and houses some heavy duty muscle cars. So around midnight when we finished up four or five of us walk out to leave and a couple guys notice my 87 S car sitting there. One guy gets all excited and says 'I remember those things!' One thing leads to another and next I know, I giving blasts up and down the rural road. None of the three guys who got rides can believe the motor is only 135 CI :evil: I am running 15-16 PSI and the BFG DR's are spinning thru 3rd so it's somewhere over 300WHP...:thumb:

So after the third session I pull back into the guys driveway, fortunately it is separated from the main road by a row of Oleander bushes. I'm idling the car down to get some of the cherry red out of the turbine housing and we hear a car coming up the road at full tilt. It's a plain wrap Crown Vic and he is going like 90 up the road to the direction where I was making my passes. 20 seconds later, another one but this one is county Sheriff and he's running the lights followed by another then a fourth:eek: Last thing I want is to be answering questions to the man about the underhood parts on the car. It's well known that California is now impounding cars for "speed equipment":mad:

Now the police are cruising both directions out on the road seaching for assumably-me:( Guy who owns the house suggested that I throw a cover over the car and chill out inside for a while, I took him up on it.

1/2 hour later I was driving as slow and quiet as I could to the freeway, I was certain every car parked off the road in the shadows was going to flip on the red and blue lights and come after me... Not going near that neighborhood for quite a while:bolt:

Will Martin
08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
How pathetic. And that sir, is just one of the many reasons I'm not going back there. How the heck are you supposed to comfortably enjoy your hobby when you're gonna worry all the time about getting your car (that you've spent YEARS getting right) taken because of some silly laws! I'm moving right up the road from Cindy @ FWDP in Houston, TX so I can have easy access to all the parts I need. lol