PDA

View Full Version : Hood insulation for Shelby Charger/GLHS

amoparx
02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi all, I'm thinking about getting some hood insulation for 2 of my Shelby Charger's I've seen two different ones on ebay. I'm wondering if anyone has used either one of these or has another option. Both look like they'd be good. About he same price buying one, but better deal buying two with one of the venders.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

supercrackerbox
02-08-2014, 02:23 AM
I bought one off ebay, but haven't installed it yet. Haven't even opened it for that matter, but I could check it out if it helps.

amoparx
02-08-2014, 03:36 AM
That would be great if it's not a problem. Do you remember which ebay'er you bought it from? I saw two. One wanted around $56 and the other was like $33 with about $15 shipping. First one was a drawing of the item. The second was a photo. I'd be willing to bet they're very similar. I like the sound of the second one since I want two an the shipping was only like another buck or two for a second one.
OK. I just double checked the two auctions and noticed the second one is cheaper before the shipping discount. (I added it wrong) Plus, they have the same part number. I think I'm going to just go ahead and order the cheaper one.

supercrackerbox
02-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't remember who the seller was, but I'm sure it's on the package. At the time, there was only one guy selling them.

amoparx
03-09-2014, 09:36 PM
I received my hood insulation a few days ago. They look great. I still have to get some clips to install it. Those weren't included. But, I'm very happy with what came. Hopefully winter won't stick around 'til May, like last year.

83scamp
03-09-2014, 11:17 PM
I received my hood insulation a few days ago. They look great. I still have to get some clips to install it. Those weren't included. But, I'm very happy with what came. Hopefully winter won't stick around 'til May, like last year.

You can get the clips from ebay or clipsandfasteners.com. Chrysler used the same clip for years. I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Challenger-Cuda-Hood-Insulation-Clips-GTX-Dart-72-/230546985829?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&hash=item35adabd365

Oh, and if anybody needs a set of windsheild trim clips. The same guy sells them as well. Chrysler also used those for years: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Window-Trim-Clips-Charger-Fury-74-75-76-77-Dodge-/290496560336?hash=item43a2f1bcd0