PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper Removal

168glhs1986
02-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Not in the service manual and can't really find anything here. I'd like to adjust my rear wiper position.

I barely see the head of something that I can pry up with my screwdriver but it doesn't release.

Do I need a puller of some sort?

clocktowersniper
02-02-2014, 05:36 PM
One type has a tab lock that you slide out then rock or off and the other is just pressed on. Both are easy to remove. Itf it is the type without the tab on it you can use a tool made for that of I just lift the arm up until it stops and hook the other side with a fitter pin tool and pull up a little on both. Sometimes you need to rock them a little. They do make a tool for it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn spell check on my phone. It's supposed to say cotter pin tool not fitter.

4 l-bodies
02-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Not in the service manual and can't really find anything here. I'd like to adjust my rear wiper position.

I barely see the head of something that I can pry up with my screwdriver but it doesn't release.

Do I need a puller of some sort?

Noticed in pics of car that something was funky on your rear wiper of your new GLHT. It was like it was either bent or used an 86 Omni rear wiper. Looked bent to me? LMK if you need pics of what they are supposed to look like. I have pics of both early and 86+ rear wipers if you need them for reference
You need to lift that small tang towards outside of shaft, and pull wiper straight up. You may need to get a good grip on wiper arm 180° from where tang is.
Todd