PDA

View Full Version : Sdac 24?

Pages : [1] 2

gnrllee
01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
When and where? I need to put in for my vacation at work and if it is within distance I plan on going. Please give some info!

Thanks
Josh

ATaylorRacing
01-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Week after Fathers day usually....where????....Dunno.

83scamp
01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
By the calendar I have, it's going to be June 21st-24th, but as far as I know, the location has not been set yet.

85boostbox
01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
I vote Detroit

looneytuner
01-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I vote for Piggot Arkansas when they have the Miss Arkansas Beauty Pageant. Just joking.
I can't believe the Maryland one when the hotel booked us and a motorcycle club with the Miss Maryland Beauty show contestants on the same weekend. Remember that one Alan?

Turbo224
01-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Vegas anyone?

cordes
01-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I vote for Piggot Arkansas when they have the Miss Arkansas Beauty Pageant. Just joking.
I can't believe the Maryland one when the hotel booked us and a motorcycle club with the Miss Maryland Beauty show contestants on the same weekend. Remember that one Alan?

That's one of my favorite SDACs for funny stories. "

Cop: Hey, what are you doing in the bushes over there guy?

Moparboyyy: I just got finished taking a killer dump!

Cop: Very funny wise guy. Move it inside; OK?

People in room 147: What's that smell coming from outside of our window?

:lol:

looneytuner
01-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Vegas anyone?

Wasn't Maryland hot enough! At least we have shade trees in St. Louis during the hot season.

Keito
01-07-2014, 01:25 PM
It was miss teen Maryland
Just ask Pat, he can tell you all about it

168glhs1986
01-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Detroit.

wheming
01-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Is it down to a few places yet?
Or is it still totally up in the air?
I thought normally we find out in Dec?
I'd like to know too. I'm going to try like heck to make it but this is going to be one busy year. Got at least one wedding to go to and if all goes well one other....mine! :D
(Although, she really hates the Consulier....not sure if that should be a dealbreaker... lol!)

crazychris
01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Im hoping for somewhere thay doesnt include a 20+ hour drive from up here in Canada. Have to see if it works with the wifes schedule as we both would love to attend this year. So ill prob drive my truck with car on trailer and meet her at the closest airport when she gets out of camp.
If I manage to get a couple things done to my R/T before hand that is. Lol

I hate winter esp when there is 3 feet of snow on my front lawn.

turboshad
01-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Chris, we will always be driving the long haul. I think it just the nature of SDAC and where the majority of the people reside. Even if it is in Vegas that is still just as far as Chicago from me, and probably not that much closer for you either.

Johnny
01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
(Although, she really hates the Consulier....not sure if that should be a dealbreaker... lol!)

Hates?

crazychris
01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Chris, we will always be driving the long haul. I think it just the nature of SDAC and where the majority of the people reside. Even if it is in Vegas that is still just as far as Chicago from me, and probably not that much closer for you either.

Yeah I know. I can still hope tho. lol

Pat
01-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Is it down to a few places yet?
Or is it still totally up in the air?
I thought normally we find out in Dec?
I'd like to know too. I'm going to try like heck to make it but this is going to be one busy year. Got at least one wedding to go to and if all goes well one other....mine! :D

Hates?

Consulier?

Shadow
01-08-2014, 03:10 PM
If you believe rumours, I heard it was to be held in Fargo ND, so that Warren and I can do the Worlds First side by side 9 second 8v Blast down the 1/4 mile! lol

turboshad
01-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Fargo would definitely attract the crowds.

glhs0075
01-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I would go Fargo, otherwise it's not looking good for me being able to attend this year (again).

168glhs1986
01-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Fargo sounds interesting. May even be able to find a good deal on used wood chippers.

wheming
01-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Consulier?

Its not what you think...
No, I didn't get one (yet) but I wanted one. And when the recent white 88 one popped up fs I wanted it, but she really does hate them to the point of almost crying when I tell her I'll get one anyway...

Johnny
01-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Did you show her mine?

Shadow
01-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Fargo sounds interesting. May even be able to find a good deal on used wood chippers.

lol That was some unnerving $hit that went on in that scene! Just goes to show, I have no nerve to be a cop, I would have blown him to all H#LL, then asked Q's later :nod:

tommyturbo
01-09-2014, 03:27 AM
I really hope it is someplace close to socal, I'd love to go to one, but am not likely to go cross country for it.

wheming
01-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Did you show her mine?

Yes.

I told her, " well we'll see what you think of them when I rent one to drive off in after the wedding."

DetroitTurbo
01-09-2014, 09:19 AM
I vote Detroit for obvious reasons! Also, the worlds cleanest Caravan is in The Henry Ford museum, you know you want to see it!

Johnny
01-09-2014, 09:58 AM
FORD has a Caravan? Strange.

DetroitTurbo
01-09-2014, 10:18 AM

The Henry Ford is one of the biggest automotive and transportation museums in the world. Yes it was founded by Ford's creator, but it's not specifically any one manufacturer.

83scamp
01-09-2014, 10:21 AM

The Henry Ford Museum is about a lot more than Fords: http://www.thehenryford.org/museum/index.aspx?utm_source=Aleta's+Test+List&utm_campaign=29aa9b096b-F2C_Conf_Reception-Locals4_22_2010&utm_medium=email

Oggie Fisher
01-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Agreed re: the Ford Museum. It's not just about Fords. The have a tour of the River Rouge assembly plant, which is worth it just for the video on its history. Spent an entire day there at SDAC-22 & didn't see everything. Would definitely go back.

85boostbox
01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah they have an array of k cars there lol

shmedley
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
There is even an Omni there

85boostbox
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Yep lol

Reaper1
01-09-2014, 03:56 PM
If it is announced soon, I *might* be able to fly in or something. I know it's not going to be anywhere near the west coast for obvious reasons. I had a TON of fun at SDAC-21 (that's first one that was at the hotel that it was at this past time, right?). The Henry Ford Museum is friggin AMAZING!! Detroit is a GREAT venue for SDAC IMHO. It's close enough for the majority of TM people to get to easily, and central enough that it's not completely on the other side of the world for us west coast people (man, never thought I'd be saying THAT!! LOL).

jans6pkrt
01-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I vote detriot!!! So I can bring all my cars!! And my family too!!! Please JT

168glhs1986
01-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Would love to see birthday car for sure.....but what if its in Cleveland?

663csx-t
01-09-2014, 09:57 PM
i vote for Detroit

wheming
01-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Wasn't it just in Detroit 2 years ago?
And where are all the East Coasters in this discussion? ? Chime up folks!
Its likey pretty much decided by now anyway. But would be nice if it was a do-able drive.

jans6pkrt
01-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Would love to see birthday car for sure.....but what if its in Cleveland?

I plan on bringing the Birthday car for sure if its close enough Cleveland will work too

Reaper1
01-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Wasn't it just in Detroit 2 years ago?
And where are all the East Coasters in this discussion? ? Chime up folks!
Its likey pretty much decided by now anyway. But would be nice if it was a do-able drive.

I drove from Jacksonville, Fl to Detroit, participated in the road course event, and drove home. It was a 2-day trip both ways, even with 2 drivers, but it was still worth it!

22shelby
01-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Me Shmedley Tommy and Nicole went to the Ford Museum the last time sdac was in detroit.. pretty cool place, and we didnt even have time to see it all... however Brad to get some pretty... um.... colorful pics!!

22shelby
01-09-2014, 11:21 PM
i vote it be at my house!! i have a nice grassy 1/2 acre for the car show... a few spare beds and sleeping bags and a nice little stretch of leclair rd we can drag race on... oh and for auto x... i have Gran Torisimo!!!

jayspartanburg
01-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Would love to go. The whole family is meeting in Orlando around the time SDAC is expected to be happening, but if it's close enough to SC I can play with the vacation dates and make it happen. :)

shackwrrr
01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
National trail or Norwalk would be nice

83scamp
01-10-2014, 09:03 AM
National trail or Norwalk would be nice

Yeah, but you are talking big bucks to get one of those places.

DetroitTurbo
01-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Milan dragway is cheap ;-)

sdac guy
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Milan dragway is cheap ;-)

No, it isn't. Milan charges about the same as other NHRA tracks.

Milan is cheaper than Topeka, or Indianapolis Raceway Park, but nowhere near as cheap as Muncie or the strip we were at in Maryland. Both of those were good deals!

Barry

moparman76_69
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I was surprised by how much Milan cost. I'm sure JT is working hard on putting it together.

sdac guy
01-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Back in 2000 at SDAC-10, Milan was fairly cheap. I was very surprised at the increase in price for SDAC-18. Milan was nearly as expensive as Pittsburgh Int'l Raceway was at SDAC-17 (within a couple hundred).

I heard somewhere in the last couple years that Norwalk wasn't as pricey, but I don't know for sure as I never inquired of them. But they have changed management in the last few years, so ..... who knows?

Barry

Keito
01-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Chuck always said Quaker City was reasonable
Fairly close to PA
And I heard last week Dragway 42 sold, has new owners
They are actually making the burnout box so you don't have to
Back into it, which didn't work for FWD
Also they are repaving and building new grandstands

joelzip
01-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Milan turned NHRA since and costs have increased. I vote Detroit as well. Just happens I live near there....

Sgt Craig
01-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Yes where will it be inquiring minds want to know!

85boostbox
01-11-2014, 10:42 AM
^This

BadAssPerformance
01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm sure JT is working hard on putting it together.

Thanks George, we are, trust me, and add Dave and Marybeth to that list as well!

OK everyone....

I have a couple full time jobs right now (why I don't post a dozen posts a day like I used to, LOL!) and trust me, every spare minute is working on SDAC activities and SDAC-24 event planning.

First off, if anyone has any questions about SDAC, please ask me directly via jt@sdac.org or direct them to e-mail me. Between the forums, sections on forums, many groups on facebook, twitter, etc. if you ask a question, chances are I may not find it!

Secondly, here is the TM link to SDAC-24 official information: CLICK HERE (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?73775-SDAC-24-Official-Info-HERE!&p=1025218#post1025218)

and I'll also echo it below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SDAC-24

Dates: We are looking at dates between June 19th and 24th. This follows our typical "weekend after Father's Day" but may have some events before the weekend instead of the typical having all the events after.

We have a location and hope to have the event dates confirmed within a week or two and will make the official announcements as follows:

First, announce to SDAC members via Up Front newsletter & e-mail

Second, announce everywhere else... www.sdac.org, forums, facebook, twitter, yell real loud out my window.

e-mail jt@sdac.org with any questions.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course now everyone is thinking "why would we switch to a different schedule, from after the weekend to before the weekend?" Short answer is, depends on track availability and we have some new thoughts on schedule too.

Again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING!

I hope this answers most questions in the thread! I will continue to check this thread, if it is urgent, again, please e-mail me!

OK, time to go prepare this week's and the "final" SDAC Calendar shipment!

cordes
01-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I was thrilled to see that SDAC 24 info thread. Then I read it. I'll be pumped two to three weeks from now it looks like. I can't wait and I hope it's really far away this year.

tommyturbo
01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
far away for you would be socal or vegas which I would love :)

168glhs1986
01-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Da bears

2.216VTurbo
01-12-2014, 12:37 PM
far away for you would be socal or vegas which I would love :)

Not wanting to say never gonna happen but it certainly wont unless the 'Local Host Club' gets deeply involved in planning and prep. Vegas makes sense to me as a destination city :evil:even if car numbers are below average. I think there would be enough members bringing families for all the 'other activities' Vegas has to offer. It will take a lot more than just wishing for it in a thread:p

shmedley
01-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Me Shmedley Tommy and Nicole went to the Ford Museum the last time sdac was in detroit.. pretty cool place, and we didnt even have time to see it all... however Brad to get some pretty... um.... colorful pics!!

Um I have no clue what you are talking about :lol:

It was a good time nevermind that I am going to hell

minigts
01-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Not wanting to say never gonna happen but it certainly wont unless the 'Local Host Club' gets deeply involved in planning and prep. Vegas makes sense to me as a destination city :evil:even if car numbers are below average. I think there would be enough members bringing families for all the 'other activities' Vegas has to offer. It will take a lot more than just wishing for it in a thread:p

Alan you know I'm up for it, I told you this when Cordes and I were there. I'll be driving my GLHS (or AND another, if have two good running cars by then) to every SDAC I can attend. So far I've made it to SDAC every year since 18.

fishcleaner
01-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Is it bigger than a breadbox?

jans6pkrt
01-12-2014, 10:32 PM
I still vote Detroit!!! Chrysler museum, nice hotel, good autocross area, and drag strip all real good!!! Motor City!!! Just a nice all around time!!!

Oggie Fisher
01-13-2014, 12:30 AM
I believe the Chrysler Museum closed, at least to the general public.

DetroitTurbo
01-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Yeah, but the museum is in the CTC area, so the parking lot should at least still be open for a car show like SDAC-22.

BadAssPerformance
01-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Not wanting to say never gonna happen but it certainly wont unless the 'Local Host Club' gets deeply involved in planning and prep.

This is a very good point no matter where we plan to host an SDAC Annual Convention.

As we noted in SDAC's Up Front Newsletter, if any SDAC Chapter is interested in hosting sometime in the next 5 years, let's talk, we can provide guidelines, etc. e-mail jt@sdac.org

Vegas makes sense to me as a destination city :evil:even if car numbers are below average. I think there would be enough members bringing families for all the 'other activities' Vegas has to offer. It will take a lot more than just wishing for it in a thread:p

Hey Alan, is the SoCal Chapter going to make a group trip out to MATS this year? I've always wanted to check that show out...

jans6pkrt
01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
I bet if someone contacted Chrysler they would open up the museum to us for the day maybe! If not it would be a cool location again nice setting

85shelbycharger
01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
That's one of my favorite SDACs for funny stories. "

Cop: Hey, what are you doing in the bushes over there guy?

Moparboyyy: I just got finished taking a killer dump!

Cop: Very funny wise guy. Move it inside; OK?

People in room 147: What's that smell coming from outside of our window?

:lol:

Then we were all swarmed by cops. Alex was still..dropping a steaming pile, my friend was handing him a tree branch with leaves, and me and Brandon were handing over our ID's haha. Cops tried telling us that all of the mess in the parking lot was from us! Then they're questioning us Pittsburgh guys about how we know Alex being he was from chi-town. It was crazy.

slasky
01-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Then we were all swarmed by cops. Alex was still..dropping a steaming pile, my friend was handing him a tree branch with leaves, and me and Brandon were handing over our ID's haha. Cops tried telling us that all of the mess in the parking lot was from us! Then they're questioning us Pittsburgh guys about how we know Alex being he was from chi-town. It was crazy.
Was that before or after I told the cops to leave because we didn't want them there?

cordes
01-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Was that before or after I told the cops to leave because we didn't want them there?

That was before. You sending them packing was the last thing I remember of us being the lot before the party moved to the "California Suite".

BadAssPerformance
01-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Dates confirmed, info page updated
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?73775-SDAC-24-Official-Info-HERE!

minigts
01-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Dates confirmed, info page updated
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?73775-SDAC-24-Official-Info-HERE!

Nice JT, way to silence the masses by closing that thread! haha Looking forward to finding out where this be!

BadAssPerformance
01-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Nice JT, way to silence the masses by closing that thread! haha Looking forward to finding out where this be!

I learned from the best on that one... only one place to post the latest info, and just direct to it from everywhere. No need to silence anyone, we're open to any and all input, just not in that thread

slasky
01-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. School will still be in session. :(

cordes
01-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. School will still be in session. :(

Seriously? We're having so many snow days that I may be right there with you at this rate!

slasky
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Seriously? We're having so many snow days that I may be right there with you at this rate!

Finals go from 6/17 until 6/26. We do get three personal days but I will be using mine up in March to go to Tamapa.

minigts
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Finals go from 6/17 until 6/26. We do get three personal days but I will be using mine up in March to go to Tamapa.

Snow days for you guys? Wow that's a lot of snow! When were you supposed to be done? JT any chance of moving things a week to the next weekend or would it screw things up? I don't really want to see Slasky, but obviously we'll take as many members as we can get for head count. :D hahaha

slasky
01-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Snow days for you guys? Wow that's a lot of snow! When were you supposed to be done? JT any chance of moving things a week to the next weekend or would it screw things up? I don't really want to see Slasky, but obviously we'll take as many members as we can get for head count. :D hahaha

That is the normal end time for us. We only have had one snow day so far so it didn't extend our year.

83scamp
01-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Dang, now I'm going to be checking the mail every day for the new issue of Upfront...:p

jans6pkrt
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
so is sdac in Chicago this year!!!! please let me know!!!!

cordes
02-11-2014, 08:49 PM
There is perhaps more speculation regarding this year's location than in any previous year that I can remember.

cordes
02-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I know something you don't know... I know something you don't know... I know something you don't know... I know something you don't know...

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Since the newsletters as MIA (I'm a bit PO'd at the print shop and/or USPS right now...)

DetroitTurbo
02-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Oh snap! Looks like I'll have to head down friday night for saturday/sunday... If I can afford it after power tour lol

cordes
02-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Well, that lasted only about 15 minutes. :(

Sgt Craig
02-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Its going to be a long weekend for me,Neons 2014 in Belvidere June 18-21,Sdac June 21-24.Visiting friends while im in town.Lots of driving.Cant wait though.Ive never been to SDAC and havent been to a Neon event since Detroit in 05.Lots of beverages will be drunk.

2.216VTurbo
02-12-2014, 01:04 AM
I likey Chicago :eyebrows: We had what, 7 CSX-VNT's last year? wonder if we could get 10 there on the anniversary? Hmm, might be my first SDAC roadtrip... 3600 miles tho, that's DJ kinda distance

minigts
02-12-2014, 01:05 AM
I'll be there.

85boostbox
02-12-2014, 08:13 AM
I'll be there :thumbup:

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Don't know how to get 3 cars there but looks like I will be there!!!! Hopefully

83scamp
02-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Already put in my vacation time for that weekend.... Now I just have to get the Scamp finished...:)

supercrackerbox
02-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I likey Chicago :eyebrows: We had what, 7 CSX-VNT's last year? wonder if we could get 10 there on the anniversary? Hmm, might be my first SDAC roadtrip... 3600 miles tho, that's DJ kinda distance

Jeff (forcefedmopar) had talked about pulling his out of storage for the Anniversary, although his wife will be about 7 months along by then so I don't know.

cordes
02-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Slow down through Rifle, CO.

ajakeski
02-12-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm in and bringing the fleet.

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I am in and bringing at least 3 of mine maybe a 4th now.... what are you bringing ajakeski?

cordes
02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
I am in and bringing at least 3 of mine maybe a 4th now.... what are you bringing ajakeski?

That's awesome. This should be a terrific year. I hope we get a ton of 89 CSXs.

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Whatca bringing cordes?

cordes
02-12-2014, 11:14 PM
I'll bring the CSX. Joy may want to bring her Daytona, and I would love to talk my dad and his friend into bringing a couple of GLHTs. We'll see though.

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Awesome I think my brother is bringing his CSX-T and I got to get someone to drive my dads 90 Shadow 4 dr turbo 5 speed, and I am bringing my 89 Shelby Dakota, 89 CSX-VNT, and the Birthday Car, Maybe My 71 Challenger R/T 440 6 Pac 4 speed, and Maybe my 66 Shelby GT350H hertz if I can get it done!!! most likely the two old ones next year!!

cordes
02-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Awesome I think my brother is bringing his CSX-T and I got to get someone to drive my dads 90 Shadow 4 dr turbo 5 speed, and I am bringing my 89 Shelby Dakota, 89 CSX-VNT, and the Birthday Car, Maybe My 71 Challenger R/T 440 6 Pac 4 speed, and Maybe my 66 Shelby GT350H hertz if I can get it done!!! most likely the two old ones next year!!

Wow, that's going to be an awesome caravan for sure. I think that will be the first 4 door turbo Shadow I've seen in person.

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 11:40 PM
My brother and I are painting it this weekend and then the CSX-T the next weekend to two freshly painted cars will be there

cordes
02-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Wow. You guys are animals. I know that myself and Jon are believers that good paint jobs are worth every penny. We had many, many man hours into his GLHS. IMO the results were definitely worth it.

jans6pkrt
02-12-2014, 11:59 PM
restoring three cars by SDAC...two will be done for sure!! I know what you mean but I paint my own cars so the price is much cheaper but many man hours for sure...my brother has been doing all the hard work and the elbow grease I am the lucky one that gets the lay the paint down!!

cordes
02-13-2014, 12:03 AM
restoring three cars by SDAC...two will be done for sure!! I know what you mean but I paint my own cars so the price is much cheaper but many man hours for sure...my brother has been doing all the hard work and the elbow grease I am the lucky one that gets the lay the paint down!!

Your brother is a saint!

jans6pkrt
02-13-2014, 12:27 AM
yep lol

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Man this year is shaping up to be really big!

jans6pkrt
02-13-2014, 12:47 AM
hope so!!! and so is hot rod power too!!

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 09:02 AM
hope so!!! and so is hot rod power too!!
Yeah its gonna be tough to make both but it's the 20th anniversary of power tour, so it's going to be insane. I have to do that.

GLHS069
02-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Wow, that's going to be an awesome caravan for sure. I think that will be the first 4 door turbo Shadow I've seen in person.
come on Brian, you've seen a turbo shadow 4 door, either Jason or Justin (one of the twins from MN) has one and has brought it to at least one SDAC, I think Maryland.

slasky
02-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I was hoping for it to be close so I could at least be there for the weekend. Looks like I am definitely out for this year.

turboshad
02-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Well someone's gotta man up and make the long haul this year Allan. It won't be me. If I do come I'll be riding on some wings.

2.216VTurbo
02-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Well someone's gotta man up and make the long haul this year Allan. It won't be me. If I do come I'll be riding on some wings.

IF you come??? Dude, get on that plane, you can wrench on someone else's car if you need a fix:lol:

4 l-bodies
02-13-2014, 02:11 PM
come on Brian, you've seen a turbo shadow 4 door, either Jason or Justin (one of the twins from MN) has one and has brought it to at least one SDAC, I think Maryland.
Jason's car and it was a factory VNT car to boot!
Todd

Shadow
02-13-2014, 04:12 PM
You'se guys are all a bunch of Freaks! :lol:

Fortunately, that makes me feel right at home, so gonna try to make it again this year and maybe start a new trend. :nod:

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 04:28 PM
You'se guys are all a bunch of Freaks! :lol:

Fortunately, that makes me feel right at home, so gonna try to make it again this year and maybe start a new trend. :nod:

My cookie offer still stands if provided a 9 second slip :D

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Hopefully we will do a mini-mopar caravan from Detroit on the night of the 20th... Should be fun!

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Cannonball run turbo mopar Detroit edition

Shadow
02-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Hey, I have a fender I need to pick up around the Detroit area, Shelbyville actually. You guys could save me a trip if you brought it along ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My cookie offer still stands if provided a 9 second slip :D

Ah, Thanks but the cookie will have to wait. Don't wanna be stepping on any toes while I'm there, just wanna relax and meet some new ppl ;)

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Hey, I have a fender I need to pick up around the Detroit area, Shelbyville actually. You guys could save me a trip if you brought it along ;)

Shelbyville as in Shelby Township? I'll be up there this weekend and pretty much every weekend.

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah either way I could get it as well if needed. :thumbup:

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Actually it is 2 hour's away... It is Shelbyville and not shelby township

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 06:16 PM
I can't find it in Google maps, keeps taking me to Wayland.

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah that is the county. Shelbyville is the town

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Ah I guess that makes sense.

Johnny
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
2249 miles one way for me to get there. Hummmm $480 in fuel plus food, and motel.
Need to find someone to ride along and split the cost.

Shadow
02-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Ha, sorry, blew that. It IS Shelby Township! It was right around the outskirts of Detroit if I'm remembering this correctly.

Shelby Township MI 48315

When we punched the addy into our GPS nav it took us right there.

Would be nuts if you guys could do this, would mean that I'd get to spend an extra day at SDAC! :)

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Hey im going there Saturday to hang with some buddies, what panel is it? If it can fit in the trunk of my 300 I'll grab it for you.

The trunk is huge Btw.

Johnny
02-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Anyone want to go with me in the Consulier the whole way, splitting the cost of gas? Starting in Oregon? Share driving.
About $480 for fuel round trip.
Gets about 34 mpg.

85boostbox
02-13-2014, 08:09 PM
If Frank can't do it because of size I'll do it. I have my truck.

Shadow
02-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Wow thanks guys, it's the left front fender of a 1970 Satellite, so it's fairly larger and would need to be handled fairly gently :)

If you grabbed it this soon, do you have a safe place to stash it till SDAC?

I can measure one that I have here and give you some dimensions.

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Oooh b-body! Should fit if I fold down the rear seats... I just dont know if it will fit inside my daytona. I can put it in my basement, its finished so its not damp or anything.

Shadow
02-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll PM you so I don't jack up this thread any more. :thumb:

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
I'll PM you so I don't jack up this thread any more. :thumb:

Sounds good!

Anyone want to go with me in the Consulier the whole way, splitting the cost of gas? Starting in Oregon? Share driving.
Gets about 34 mpg.
Damn thats an awesome offer!

wheming
02-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Gets about 34 mpg.

Do you have room for any luggage in that thing? Or just planning on daily washing of clothes??? :D

Johnny
02-13-2014, 11:18 PM
It has a trunk in the rear that would fit soft bags. And a space in the front, also.
In the back it is under that canvas cover.

DetroitTurbo
02-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Are you taking people for rides in it once you get there? That is the coolest car of all time....

Johnny
02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
That is the coolest car of all time....
Well YOU can have a ride for sure for saying that.

cordes
02-14-2014, 12:24 AM

Dang, I'm slipping memory wise here. What color was it?

DetroitTurbo
02-14-2014, 02:08 AM
That is the coolest car of all time....
Well YOU can have a ride for sure for saying that.

Awesome!

might be able to borrow some gopro3's from work for the weekend, would make for some cooool vids :P

GLHS069
02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Dang, I'm slipping memory wise here. What color was it?
red with gray on the bottom.

168glhs1986
02-14-2014, 11:59 AM
I missed the last SDAC in Chicago but I hear there is a lot of fun to be had at SUGAR RIVER RACEWAY.

I hope we can incorporate a go-kart / autocross event there.

That would be epic !

Johnny
02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Will your GTP be done in time and be there?

168glhs1986
02-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Will your GTP be done in time and be there?

GTP will be finished early April if all goes well which leaves plenty of seat time before SDAC. Need to learn how to drive this thing. Not sure if brakes will be ready in time thou.

beeblebrox82
02-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Sweet! No excuse for me not to go. Put it in the calendar. :)

Johnny
02-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Not sure if brakes will be ready in time thou.

Learning to drive it without brakes will be interesting.

black86glhs
02-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Learning to drive it without brakes will be interesting.Brakes are overrated.

85boostbox
02-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop that does. So exactly brakes are overrated. Who needs to stop :screwy:

82 Rampage
02-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Planning on bringing the wife's '85 SC & my '87 GLHS, if my plans work out.

superbleu
03-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Any more info on hotel...??? Exact location....???? :bolt:

Turbodave
03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Any more info on hotel...??? Exact location....???? :bolt:

We're still finalizing some details, as soon as we've got things concrete we'll get the word out.

looneytuner
03-13-2014, 12:42 PM
I stayed in the suburbs at a motel had a mariachi band playing for an Indian wedding. Want that one?

Turbodave
03-13-2014, 12:46 PM
I stayed in the suburbs at a motel had a mariachi band playing for an Indian wedding. Want that one?

Yes, a Mariachi band is the one requirement we haven't been able to get locked down yet...lol...

ajakeski
03-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Yes, a Mariachi band is the one requirement we haven't been able to get locked down yet...lol...

I believe that is a Waukegan city ordinance.

Sgt Craig
03-14-2014, 05:01 PM
I put my vacation in today.Cant wait to get back to Chitown.

ATaylorRacing
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
I REALLY don't miss fighting at work to get time off for the SDAC events....even quit drag racing at Indy for a bit since they had started Saturday racing and, being a disgruntled mail man at a time when they did not hire people to fill route vacancies...getting off was next to impossible. Throw in the fact that when a supervisor would take off a carrier would fill in to make matters worse. Retirement is G R R R R E A T...as Tony the Tiger says!

DetroitTurbo
03-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Looks like I'm probably not doing power tour this year, so I will be switching my vacation time to SDAC-24. Hope to drive my daytona down there to represent the first gen daytonas. I only saw 1 at SDAC-22...

supercrackerbox
03-19-2014, 03:39 AM
They are few and far between these days.

minigts
03-19-2014, 12:26 PM
They are few and far between these days.

You coming this year Adam? Who all is coming with you? Please don't make me drive out to Omaha again... ;)

supercrackerbox
03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Doesn't look like it. Brian looks like he's going, but Steve is out, Jeff is out, and Ray is still on the fence last I asked. Haven't talked to Kaleb or Nate in some time.

Bricklin107
03-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey guys

I might be missing something but in January you were finishing the details on the hotel. Have you guys finished the details yet? I have not see a hotel? Again sorry if I missed something.

Johnny
03-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Maybe we all get to camp out!

BadAssPerformance
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Hey guys

I might be missing something but in January you were finishing the details on the hotel. Have you guys finished the details yet? I have not see a hotel? Again sorry if I missed something.

You haven't missed anything. Details are still in the works in between Dave and I each working 50+ hr/wk at our day jobs, LOL!

Hope to have updates soon!

168glhs1986
04-03-2014, 07:49 PM
No host hotel and its a free for all? 70 some days left

BadAssPerformance
04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Please have patience, details are in the works.

Turbodave
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
No host hotel and its a free for all? 70 some days left

I've been trying to find a hotel that doesn't have a "No Kit Cars" policy, not as easy as you think...

Pat
04-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I've been trying to find a hotel that doesn't have a "No Kit Cars" policy, not as easy as you think...

ha ha!!! :-)

glhs0075
04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
That's too funny Dave!
:clap:

Turbodave
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
We do have a couple hotel options on the table with a block of rooms already set aside at one. I went and took a tour of it this morning. We are getting some details nailed down on autocross options and once that's complete we should be able to announce the hotel.

One thing I can confirm is the hotel will have a pool, with water! However, our negotiations with the Chicagoland local 420 Mariachi Union were brutal and they refuse to meet our terms so the Mariachi band is out. Things are looking promising in our talks with the Lounge Pianist's Union so there is an upside.

168glhs1986
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM

Haha. Let me slap on a Shelby sticker and paint rust spots onto the fiberglass body and they will never know.

BIGBRUDDA
04-04-2014, 09:00 PM
One thing I can confirm is the hotel will have a pool, with water! However, our negotiations with the Chicagoland local 420 Mariachi Union were brutal and they refuse to meet our terms so the Mariachi band is out. Things are looking promising in our talks with the Lounge Pianist's Union so there is an upside.

We can provide our own music Dave , WHAT ABOUT THE DANCING GIRLS!!! :banana-mario::cheer2:

22shelby
04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Haha. Let me slap on a Shelby sticker and paint rust spots onto the fiberglass body and they will never know.

"...day 3 of sdac and the natives are starting to get suspicious... one of them even asked me what "plant" i was made in... just have to blend in for one more day to receive the top gun award... "

jans6pkrt
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
So funny Dave on the bands lol lol I vote for the lounge pianist!!! hahaha

85boostbox
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Is it really held a Saturday through Tuesday. Trying to put in time just want to make sure.

Paul

minigts
04-10-2014, 01:32 PM
We usually get there Friday. Come early.

85boostbox
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Yea I'll just stay then Friday through sunday

minigts
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Yea I'll just stay then Friday through sunday

We've always gotten there around 5pm or close to it and there are almost always a dozen or so people there. That close to Chicago, there will be MANY there on Friday I imagine.

85boostbox
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I'll probably get there Thursday night.

168glhs1986
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm down for Thursday night also. Last year did the same thing and toured Indy with Alan. It was a highlight of the week for me.

So this begs the question.....what are the hot tourist attractions in Chicago or the must do's for car geeks or food geeks or just geeks in general?

85boostbox
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Navy pier, the 2 story McDonalds. Umm pizza. Lol

22shelby
04-10-2014, 08:57 PM
volo auto museum!!! ill be in for the friday early arrival...

Turbodave
04-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Right now the schedule looks like our typical Saturday arrival, Sunday Car-Show, Monday Wheelie contest, and Tuesday Drag Racing. There is always a group that gets in a day early and as soon as we announce the host hotel we'll have some information available on local attractions. We're going to be north of Chicago again so if you're looking for pre or post SDAC activities there is a lot in the area, some great breweries and more in Milwaukee, Family activities in Lake Geneva and and Wisconsin Dells etc..

Johnny
04-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Right now the schedule looks like our typical Saturday arrival, Sunday Car-Show, Monday Wheelie contest, and Tuesday Drag Racing.

YOU skipped the good part....the autocross.

moparman76_69
04-11-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm assuming that's Monday since the only way any of these cars will pull a wheel up in the air is if you huck them into a corner hard.

168glhs1986
04-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Right now the schedule looks like our typical Saturday arrival, Sunday Car-Show, Monday Wheelie contest, and Tuesday Drag Racing. There is always a group that gets in a day early and as soon as we announce the host hotel we'll have some information available on local attractions. We're going to be north of Chicago again so if you're looking for pre or post SDAC activities there is a lot in the area, some great breweries and more in Milwaukee, Family activities in Lake Geneva and and Wisconsin Dells etc..

Im loving the new schedule!

Sgt Craig
04-13-2014, 09:23 AM
For you early arrivals Neons 2014 will be going On.Ends Sat Night/Sunday In Belvedere.Thursday the 19th is there drags at GLD.Im getting in Friday Afternoon and will probally head to Belvidere first. Then over to SDAC Sat.

85boostbox
04-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Hmmm and I will be in my Neon

cordes
04-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Well, looks like I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks straight at this rate. What else is lining up around this time?

Turbodave
04-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Well, looks like I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks straight at this rate. What else is lining up around this time?

Milwaukee's Summerfest starts right after SDAC, usually a big variety of bands there if you're into music.

Summerfest.com

minigts
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM

You going to be able to make it this year? You mentioned school may still be in session last I remember.

cordes
04-14-2014, 08:55 PM
You going to be able to make it this year? You mentioned school may still be in session last I remember.

Act of God days has come through on that front. I'll be out in ultra early June. 10 official snow days and I'll still be out before Joy.

minigts
04-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Good to hear. I wasn't sure if you would make it or not. Figured you could since it's close, but the whole event makes it all the better.

BadAssPerformance
04-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Act of God days has come through on that front. I'll be out in ultra early June. 10 official snow days and I'll still be out before Joy.

Glad you can make it, hope Joy can too!

As for auxiliary activities... TONS. We will put info together.

For big national events... the following weekend is the NHRA Rt. 66 Nationals

Sgt Craig
04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Glad you can make it, hope Joy can too!

As for auxiliary activities... TONS. We will put info together.

For big national events... the following weekend is the NHRA Rt. 66 Nationals

I should have looked at the NHRA schedule before planning my vaca.I would have stayed for atleast Sat qualifying at rt 66

168glhs1986
04-21-2014, 11:00 AM
2 months to go. If the final assembly goes well the Consulier will be tracking in Canada in June at Mont Tremblaunt Circut. Then headed to sdac.

OnLooker
04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Any info on hotel yet

Turbodave
04-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Any info on hotel yet

It's a large building with lots of beds.

We will have a newsletter out soon with all the event details.

Johnny
04-23-2014, 04:37 PM
I got my AC fixed today, getting ready for the trip.

ATaylorRacing
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
My A/C works...but only as long as its plugged in!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42707&thumb=1 ('http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/album.php?albumid=964053&attachmentid=42707')

DetroitTurbo
04-24-2014, 06:24 PM
My A/C works...but only as long as its plugged in!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42707&thumb=1 (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/album.php?albumid=964053&attachmentid=42707)

Wow that is awesome. How much HP does that add? :lol:

Reaper1
04-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Why to I not have "permission" to enlarge that picture? Just seems strange.

sdac guy
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I can't access it either and I have moderator permissions.

Barry

85boostbox
04-24-2014, 08:52 PM
I can do it from Tapatalk?

Reaper1
04-24-2014, 10:13 PM
I have been meaning to become a supporting member for a while, so that's what I did. Now I can see it!

168glhs1986
05-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Awesome! Was I the first to register?

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Awesome! Was I the first to register?

I was the first, but my registration doesn't count...lol...

JT gets all the registration updates so I can't say who is first.

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 11:46 AM
For those that may have missed the SDAC mailing list email we sent yesterday, SDAC-24 registration is now open. Details are in Up-Front issue 142 which is at the publishers now, in your mailbox soon... Or visit the the SDAC website http://www.sdac.org/info/sdac24reginfo.htm

The Host Hotel is in the East Troy, WI area. We'll have an auto-x, karting, car show, drag racing and more.

In addition we're trying a few new things this year. We added a few car show classes to accommodate non-ferrous sports cars (GTP) as well as modified L and G body cars. We've added a plus one registration for couples/families that only bring a single car to the event. We're going to combine our hospitality dinner with the awards night on Tuesday for a sit-down awards banquet.

Can't wait to see everyone out there!

168glhs1986
05-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Hotel Booked!

Arriving Thursday and attending the Nationwide / Pirelli World Challenge racing event at Road America on Friday.

Need to find something to do on Saturday.

superbleu
05-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Where exactly is the Car Show? It says Veterans Park but google shows a baseball field??

168glhs1986
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Where exactly is the Car Show? It says Veterans Park but google shows a baseball field??

Fox Lake, IL

contraption22
05-06-2014, 04:27 PM

How about hang out and drink beer in a parking lot?

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM
The car show is in Fox Lake, IL same location as SDAC 14 and 21

c2xejk
05-06-2014, 04:29 PM
On the Karting, what are the rules/requirements? ie. I know my 14 year old son would LOVE to do karting.

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 04:36 PM
On the Karting, what are the rules/requirements? ie. I know my 14 year old son would LOVE to do karting.

For Karting the track makes the rules, this is from their website:http://www.sugarriverraceway.com/index.html

Who can rent a go kart?
The state of WI has regulations for this kind of activity that dictates that drivers under 56" tall can only rent a go kart that goes 8 MPH or less! So our age limit is actually a height limit of 56". That likely equates to 9-10 years old. Minor drivers drive their own kart, but a parent must accompany them to the track so the proper insurance waivers can be signed. If Uncle Joe is bringing the minor driver out for some laps then you'll need to get the 'Minor Release' form done in advance. We will have to have you pick this form up at the track or have us snail mail it to you. Sorry that we can't just put it on a clickable link, but our insurance carrier is worried about how easy it is to change the wording of the form in photo shop or some other software. A parent can fill this out ahead of time, but it must be witnessed by a 'Notary Public' and stamped. Then Uncle Joe can sign our minor driver in at the track, sorry no exceptions.

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Hotel Booked!

Arriving Thursday and attending the Nationwide / Pirelli World Challenge racing event at Road America on Friday.

The locals say that Gus's Drive In in east Troy has a great cruise night on Saturday, I bet they've never seen a Consulier before. Also, the Golf Course at the hotel is open if you wanted to reserve a tee time. Lots more to do if you wander down to Lake Geneva, or into Milwaukee.

168glhs1986
05-06-2014, 05:21 PM

Maybe in the evening.....

Sgt Craig
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

So after reading the FAQ for the Autox no minivans are allowed?Is this correct.

superbleu
05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
OK know where that's at..thanks.

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That is per the track's request. Were you wanting to run yours Craig?

moparman76_69
05-06-2014, 06:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to my world. Apparently everyone thinks you'll flip it and sue them.

2.216VTurbo
05-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Well, Chicago is 86 miles from Elkhorn but Milwaukee is only 45miles. Flights are same price from the west coast I just gotta stop in Denver for an hour layover. I'll be in Vegas at a conference 20-21st but can leave the conference at 335pm and be in Milwaukee by 1045 Saturday night. I'm sure when I breeze into the hotel parking lot at 1am there will still be some action:welcome: This isn't a dry county or has a midnight on Saturday/Sunday am no purchase alcohol rule is it??

OnLooker
05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
http://www.gussdrivein.com/index.php
Good times good food and less then 10 miles from the hotel.

The locals say that Gus's Drive In in east Troy has a great cruise night on Saturday, I bet they've never seen a Consulier before. Also, the Golf Course at the hotel is open if you wanted to reserve a tee time. Lots more to do if you wander down to Lake Geneva, or into Milwaukee.

Turbodave
05-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Well, Chicago is 86 miles from Elkhorn but Milwaukee is only 45miles. Flights are same price from the west coast I just gotta stop in Denver for an hour layover. I'll be in Vegas at a conference 20-21st but can leave the conference at 335pm and be in Milwaukee by 1045 Saturday night. I'm sure when I breeze into the hotel parking lot at 1am there will still be some action:welcome: This isn't a dry county or has a midnight on Saturday/Sunday am no purchase alcohol rule is it??

Milwaukee is easier if you're flying in. The city of Milwaukee does have some liquor laws restriciting purchase on Sunday if I remember right, but once you get out of the city that goes away. I don't think there are any dry counties in WI...lol..

Sgt Craig
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
That is per the track's request. Were you wanting to run yours Craig?

Not really,LOL!

Pat
05-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Just registered! See everyone in June!

ATaylorRacing
05-08-2014, 03:12 PM
They have a Import Wars drag race there on the Sunday of our Car Show...any one know any info on that?

Sgt Craig
05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
They have a Import Wars drag race there on the Sunday of our Car Show...any one know any info on that?

What intrigues me more is the RSD on Thursday

cordes
05-09-2014, 10:27 PM

I can't believe you're not bringing your CSX VNT. Kidnap Forza and Vanishing Point your way to SDAC.

2.216VTurbo
05-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I can't believe you're not bringing your CSX VNT. Kidnap Forza and Vanishing Point your way to SDAC.

I can do 3 days for SDAC but not 7. So driving/trailering out just doesn't work, I'm self employed, it's not like I get the whole summer off with pay:p Sheesh;)

cordes
05-10-2014, 11:43 AM
I can do 3 days for SDAC but not 7. So driving/trailering out just doesn't work, I'm self employed, it's not like I get the whole summer off with pay:p Sheesh;)

I would fly out there and drive it to WI and back for you, but I think Joy wants to take the Daytona this year too. I don't think we'll have a third driver for your ride...

ForzaV12
05-11-2014, 02:41 PM

The Challenger has never run better. Would be a fun trip. Then again, the GLHS and GTP are both about ready for a nice roadtrip, too. Just too much going on with the garage remodel.

Johnny
05-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Drive the GTP out.

cordes
05-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Drive the GTP out.

it would probably get the best mileage.

Turbodave
05-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Drive the GTP out.

We added a GTP class to the car show this year ;)

Pat
05-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Dave - do you know what the restrictions are around passengers for the autox? I am thinking about bringing my 9 year old son and know he would lose his mind if he could ride along.

168glhs1986
05-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Dave - do you know what the restrictions are around passengers for the autox? I am thinking about bringing my 9 year old son and know he would lose his mind if he could ride along.

Pat I could never just take my son...my daughter would be so mad at me. She is only 6 so she will probably grow out of it. Your kids are older so maybe you don't have that problem.

Can't speak for this year but last year Max Boost rode with several drivers. He must not have the motion sickness I have.

- - - Updated - - -

We added a GTP class to the car show this year ;)

Barbie will be great competition especially if he hires the local swimsuit model to pose with SDAC members for a picture or two.

Anyone know if Harold is coming....I'm not sure how far he is but he's in the right state.

Johnny
05-14-2014, 10:50 AM
With a sexy model there is the only way I could do well in a car show, so no one looks at the car.

Turbodave
05-14-2014, 11:36 AM

The contract we have with the track doesn't specify anything about passengers. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as the same safety requirements for the driver are followed, but I'll check with JT as he's been doing more communication with the track.

Turbodave
05-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Anyone know if Harold is coming....I'm not sure how far he is but he's in the right state.

He's planning on it, he's only about 30min away. I talked to him last weekend, he was excited at the prospect of a 3rd place trophy.

168glhs1986
05-14-2014, 03:14 PM
He's planning on it, he's only about 30min away. I talked to him last weekend, he was excited at the prospect of a 3rd place trophy.

If there are 3 trophies I'd be happy with any one of them.

Just having it there will be a victory for me.

Johnny
05-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Motel never answers the phone.

Turbodave
05-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Motel never answers the phone.

Being a ski resort it's their off-season, so they are closed until Memorial day weekend when they re-open for golf and special events. They do have someone taking calls but they aren't always at the desk. I was told you can leave a message at ext 410 if you have trouble getting through. 9-2:30cst is the best time to catch them.

If you can't get a response send me a PM with a contact number and I'll make sure they get in touch with you.

Johnny
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
I did leave a message and she called me back today....all taken care of.
Thanks!

168glhs1986
05-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Are you staying in the Consulier section of the hotel Johnny?

She should have asked you if you drove a Consulier or "other"

Johnny
05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah...............sure. :)

Turbodave
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Are you staying in the Consulier section of the hotel Johnny?

She should have asked you if you drove a Consulier or "other"

Yes, the elite Consulier section. Walls painted teal with pink curtains. The TV only plays MTV (back when it was videos) and "Saved By the Bell" re-runs. Much like the Counsulier the tub and toilet in the room feature monocoque construction and the toilet even makes a BOV-like noise when it flushes.

Johnny
05-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Sweet! Can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for that my registration is being mailed today!

Turbodave
05-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Sweet! Can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for that my registration is being mailed today!

Awesome Johnny, see you there!

22shelby
05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
What intrigues me more is the RSD on Thursdayit actually on fridaynights now ;)
i put a post up on FB about RSD f, i am for sure going and should be running the daytona... pretty sure John Mesich and Joe "van"Manduno are in aswell!!

They have a Import Wars drag race there on the Sunday of our Car Show...any one know any info on that?we have made many of tripsd to import wars, they have a big turn out and you see every import from 19 second honds to the rotaries the bang pop and crack to a killer 60 foot then break... those ones make my ears bleed... one of the reasons i wont go any more that and this is the only event ive ever been to where they hire out their own security... but they do have a good bracket race... be sure to freshen up on your espanol...

Pat
05-16-2014, 10:09 AM
The contract we have with the track doesn't specify anything about passengers. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as the same safety requirements for the driver are followed, but I'll check with JT as he's been doing more communication with the track.

Thanks, Dave. Need to start indoctrinating the next generation of SDAC members!

dodgeman87
05-16-2014, 12:00 PM
If we want to do a Sat. night cruise to Gus's drive in the website says they close at 9 pm.

Jim

kvnndvn
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Guys, I had to email them on their website. Again, email them! Their is only one lady doing the reservations, she called me back from number (262) 642-7374. I got the reservation and good to go!