PDA

View Full Version : Project SC officially on the way!!!

gvare001
08-30-2006, 11:57 AM
On the eve of hurricane Ernesto, I've decided to get back on track with the charger. It needs lots of work, it was an Arizona car so the interior is cooked, but the body is rust free. Here's some pics for you guys to enjoy. By the way how much weight do you guys think I've gotten out that car, also I swapped the rims from the Daytona just to see how they look on the charger, and finally what about those seats and carpet. Oh yeah one last thing, how hard would it be to duplicate that paint job, or what other ideas would you guys suggest for a paint job? Thanks, Guido.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/project12.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/project42.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/project62.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/project72.jpg

MiniMopar
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of pumpers, but I think they look good on SCs.

85shelbycharger
08-30-2006, 05:28 PM
What are your plans for the car? Restoration or making it a drag car?
Looks very good with the pumpers IMHO.

supercrackerbox
08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Very nice, the paint looks good for an AZ car!

gvare001
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I really want to restore the car, I immediately fell in love with it the moment I sat in it. I bought it on ebay from a guy in Michigan. The guy was really cool, he had a huge barn with one 85 SC, one 86 SC, one 85 GLH, and one 87 GLHS. I droved the car from Michigan to florida, stalling every couple hundred miles, until about 50 miles from my house where it died for good. The next morning I found out what the problem was, it turn out to be a bad FPR, it was just sucking fuel thru the manifold like crazy. When I changed the oil, it was like pure gasoline comming out. By the way I just finnished replacing the rear shocks. I also received a Chilton's manual for the car today, and found out that it is totally worthless. Imagine that it shows the 465, and 525 Trannys being operated through cables.

shrapnel
09-02-2006, 08:34 AM
I have the Daytona wheels on my 85SC. It was reapinted a blue/purple color, but I would like to put the original decals on. The seats are going to be a great addition to that car. I wanted to do the same in my 85.

gvare001
10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Project SC is slow, but on it's way. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/charger1.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/charger2.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/charger3.jpg
I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
10-30-2006, 04:45 PM
How is the Chilton's manual worthless?? The 5spds are cable operated...

Anyways nice looking Charger. Best of luck to you.

dds78910
10-30-2006, 04:54 PM
It's all about the factory service manual!

TurbododgePirate
10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Looking at the floorpan makes me want to cry... god that's clean.

Clay
10-30-2006, 06:07 PM
How is the Chilton's manual worthless?? The 5spds are cable operated...

not in L-bodies.

gvare001
10-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I spent almost the entire day trying to fit the new carpet. Those things are nothing like stock.

GLHS592
10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Where did you get the carpet? My ACC carpet was almost a perfect fit. Of course, I had to trim it mostly up front and on the sides. However, it is far from a councours matching part.

gvare001
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah you're right, you have to trim on the sides and the front end. I just don't remember where I got it cause it's been a while.

mpgmike
10-30-2006, 09:02 PM
My rust free VA Rampage has more rust on the driver's floor than your Michigan Charger! I like some of the touches you're adding. You got me thinking...

Mike
www.PowreHaus.com

GLHS592
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
I like some of the touches you're adding. You got me thinking...

Yeah. I like his red panel in the gauge cluster. I think it would look good silver in my car.

gvare001
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
I love the contrast. Check this out.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/charger6.jpg

Clay
10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
ohhhh more pics!!

mcsvt
10-31-2006, 10:38 AM
The little I can see of the carpet looks great :thumb: That is def. a great contrast.

devlish
10-31-2006, 10:45 AM
wow! yeah, more carpets pics. looks nice from what i can see of it!

LynX853
11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
please don't take this the wrong way.. but don't you think a slightly darker red carpet would of been better? I know your going for contrast, but I would think the dark red/silver theme would of been better..

and once again, not trying to get anyone mad, but just throwing in my .02

devlish
11-02-2006, 02:41 PM
it matches your seats good though!

gvare001
11-03-2006, 11:23 AM
I think I may be changing the carpet anyways. This one I got is awful as far as the fitting goes. I'll look around to see what's available, thanks for the input.

gvare001
11-04-2006, 06:56 PM
I added something to the project today, I'll let you guys figure out what it is. I also order another carpet, one that's pressure formed, and in black this time.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/wheels41.jpg

speedyshelby
11-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Good work on the insides so far. I wouldn't go with the brighter colors for the carpet hard to keep stain off of. Srt-4 look great on there. I got 17s on my charger as well. Here mine up here in rusty wisconsin.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/339000-339999/339160_160_full.jpg

Btw I wish my floors look that good. Also lower that bad boy down.

GLHSKEN
11-05-2006, 09:37 AM
nice work

87ShelbyJT
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I added something to the project today, I'll let you guys figure out what it is. I also order another carpet, one that's pressure formed, and in black this time.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/wheels41.jpg

I love these rims on this car. Did you have any clearance issues?

shrapnel
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Not crazy about the rims, I actually likes the crabs you had before . I have a blue 85 charger with the same rims. I like the seats though, I would like to do the same to the 85, except with a blue/gray color scheme of course. How is the lateral support, fore/aft, height with them? How much did they run you? One more thing to consider is the gauge cluster - it is highly useful, but not very functional. The tachometers on these cars work like ----. I have my 85' and my 87 GLHS and both tachs rarely ever work. I have watched endless sword fights between the fuel gauge and the tachometer needles - funny, but annoying. When I redo the 85, I am changing the instrument cluster only for functional reasons, because I would like to keep the car as stock as possible. You will consistently bury that speedometer.

Mario
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Are you in Michigan?

gvare001
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Are you in Michigan?

I'm in Miami, but I did bought the car from a guy in Michigan, his name was John, and he was another Shelby freak like the rest of us.

Not crazy about the rims, I actually likes the crabs you had before . I have a blue 85 charger with the same rims. I like the seats though, I would like to do the same to the 85, except with a blue/gray color scheme of course. How is the lateral support, fore/aft, height with them? How much did they run you? One more thing to consider is the gauge cluster - it is highly useful, but not very functional. The tachometers on these cars work like ----. I have my 85' and my 87 GLHS and both tachs rarely ever work. I have watched endless sword fights between the fuel gauge and the tachometer needles - funny, but annoying. When I redo the 85, I am changing the instrument cluster only for functional reasons, because I would like to keep the car as stock as possible. You will consistently bury that speedometer.

I had the pizza wheels before, and the seats are great, a definite upgrade on this cars, I can't say that they are more comfortable, but they fit the car's personality better, and they offer great lateral support. They're not expensive at all, I actually pay $60 a piece at a clearance warehouse, I figure I'll replace then with nicer ones later on. About the instrument gauges, I couldn't agree with you more, my tach is now reading at least 500RPM above normal. I would love to do a custom gauges setup later on. You see I consider this car as a FUN car, I'm having a blast with it, and wherever collectors value this car may hold in the future, I have decided to cash it all out right now, alltough I'll be lying to you if I said that I would be doing the same to a GLHS.

I love these rims on this car. Did you have any clearance issues?

I love the rims to, I bought them on Ebay for $100 a set. I haven't had any clearance issues, but then again I went with the lower profile tires I found, and they feel great, not to harsh at all.

Thanks, Guido.

Mario
11-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Thought it looked familiar. Shoulda/woulda/coulda bought it. Oh well. Good to see your doing somethinng with it. :thumb:

TurbododgePirate
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM

I would love to know more about the black carpet. I am considering a whole black interior in my SC.

Subliminal
11-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Looking good, man!

I'm not the biggest fan of the srt rims, but then it's not my car, so it doesn't really matter. ;)

Good job. How's she running?

boneyardracing
11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
What brackets did you use to fit those seats? Looks like sombody beat me to the painted gage cluster Idea mine is gold. I am thinking about using a shelby charger paint scheem for my 84 2.2 I am thinking gold on black (glhs que)

gvare001
11-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I would love to know more about the black carpet. I am considering a whole black interior in my SC.
I'll be installing the black carpet sometime this week, I'll post some pics as soon as I'm done, by the way if anybody here is interested in the neon red one that I'm removing, just pay me for the shipping and I'll be glad to donate it.

Looking good, man!

I'm not the biggest fan of the srt rims, but then it's not my car, so it doesn't really matter.

Good job. How's she running?

Thanks man, I know it'll never be a show car but I'm sticking with it. About the rims, they're not my favorite but I just got to much of a good deal on them, and they were just taking space, the problem now is that I have a set of pizza wheels taking their old place. The car is running great, I haven't started on the motor yet except for routine stuff. I had a couple of runs last night with a newer Mustang, a V6 though, and it was dead even every time, I'm satisfied with that considering the mods to come.

What brackets did you use to fit those seats? Looks like sombody beat me to the painted gage cluster Idea mine is gold. I am thinking about using a shelby charger paint scheem for my 84 2.2 I am thinking gold on black (glhs que)

The brackets were a big puzzle for me, I was considering all kinds of Ideas to fabricate a bracket and they were all a little complicated, until I had the arguably great idea of transplanting the brackets from the old seats onto the new ones. You have to drill new holes on the brakets to fit the seats, and everything fits on the car, except for one rear bolt, the outside one. Regretably I had to drill one hole in the body for that one bolt, but this is project car, right, and sometimes you have to make compromises.

Thanks, Guido.