PDA

View Full Version : Another "how rare is my car" thread...

MiniMoparKing
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
1991 Chrysler Daytona GS Turbo 2 (1989 Euro-Export Model)
2.2 Turbo II

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2428000-2428999/2428596_1_full.jpg

White/Grey with full body pinstripe package. Infinity Sound Package, Brown cloth interior w/ power enthusiast seat package. A/C, Cruise, Tilt, 5-spd (A555 I think), 4-wheel Disc, Manual Locks, Power windows, 16" Ninjas (yes, they came with the car!)

Clay
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I have no idea, but that is one cool looking Daytona!

Turbodave
08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
I would have to say it's pretty rare, but I have no idea on the production numbers of export vehicles.

gvare001
08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Please guys, before I do something crazy with this car, how rare is this puppy. It's an 89, It's got red interior leather, TurboII motor, with A555 tranny.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/shelbydaytona2.jpg
thanks, Guido.

MiniMopar
08-29-2006, 07:15 PM
The strobe effect on the hood is kind of unusual. Screams 80s, but in a good way. :p

ScottD
08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Guido- they made 4741 89 Daytona Shelbys. White was the 2nd rarest color with 831 built, with silver being the rarest and only 258 of those built.

That strobe stripe with the gray lower gfx and the ninjas is pretty cool looking.

gvare001
08-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks alot man, I'm still not sure if I should keep it. I bought it as a donor car for my 86 SC, but the more time passes the more I like it. In the mean time I have gotten the required parts to intercool the SC.

ScottD
08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
89 is my favorite year for the following reasons

- first and only year for common block 2.2 T2
- short shifter on the A555
- dual pivot control arms, Polybushings has excellent bushings for these
- smec electronics, 88 and 89 electronics easy to work with
- last year for square dash. the later 90-up dashes, the switches are junk in my opinion.

I've had four 89s, two radiant silver t-top cars and two AGS T2 competition package C/S cars. I'm working on my current 89 C/S now, it is getting a rebuilt 2.2 T2 and A568. The 555 is nice, but I like the A568 a little better.

MiniMoparKing
08-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Please guys, before I do something crazy with this car, how rare is this puppy. It's an 89, It's got red interior leather, TurboII motor, with A555 tranny.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/gvare001/shelbydaytona2.jpg
thanks, Guido.

Wow, that looks just like mine!

MopàrBCN
11-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Fakt is, they are getting a rare specie in Europe. I'd say Germany, the Netherlands, and perhaps Belgium would be the only places in Europe where you actually can find them in numbers (as in looking in a second hand car guide and have a chance to see one advertised). More commonly found would be the Modelyear 90+. The beauty is, that those cars are usually well taken care off. So I am not surprised seing MiniMoparKing's Daytona in that good state.

WickedShelby88
12-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Ive got a red 86 CS which it seems is the more rare color. Until recently I didnt even now you could get a CS in red that year. I always thought they were black with the gold crabs. Anyone know how many t-top CS's there were?

CDNTurboZ
12-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Ive got a red 86 CS which it seems is the more rare color. Until recently I didnt even now you could get a CS in red that year. I always thought they were black with the gold crabs. Anyone know how many t-top CS's there were?

Red C/S's are the most common in 86, you could get a C/S in black, silver, gunmetal blue, white, and red. If you ordered you daytona C/S in black you got the gold crabs, every other colour C/S and you got the silver crabs. Also when you ordered a black C/s the red pinstripe was changed to gold, as well as the gold "turbo z" emblem on the doors. Where every other colour you got a red pinstripe.

Most rare C/S colour would probably silver, gunmetal blue, and possibly white or black.
I think silver and gunmetal blue are probably the rarest colours you could get in an 86 turbo z overall.

I'll have to search td.com for the production #'s as they are listed there somewhere....

edit:

86 Daytona production overall with t-tops: 5,984 (this could be base model, turbo z, or turbo z C/S) yes I have seen base models with t-tops!

86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S : 7,704

unfortunately you can't figure out how many were made with C/S and t-tops, etc. On the allpar daytona board people have tried contacting chrysler and they (chrysler) have said that they don't have those figures...:(

I found the info on this site:
http://www.moparautos.com/daytona84-86.htm
and td.com they both match in overall numbers, and on allpar one of the guys had the above numbers and he said he got them from chrysler in an email a few years ago.

supercrackerbox
01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Any idea how many of the '86 Turbo Z / CS cars came in the Gunmetal Blue Pearl?

CDNTurboZ
01-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Any idea how many of the '86 Turbo Z / CS cars came in the Gunmetal Blue Pearl?

Thats another thing I have not found, it seems all anyone can find is turbo z production #'s, turbo z c/s production #''s, and overall 86 daytona t-top #'s. So far its not broken down by colour.

tkid576
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I hate to threadjack but how rare would a 1990 spirit le with a T1 and 523 5 speed be?

Tony Hanna
01-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Fakt is, they are getting a rare specie in Europe. I'd say Germany, the Netherlands, and perhaps Belgium would be the only places in Europe where you actually can find them in numbers (as in looking in a second hand car guide and have a chance to see one advertised). More commonly found would be the Modelyear 90+. The beauty is, that those cars are usually well taken care off. So I am not surprised seing MiniMoparKing's Daytona in that good state.

I wish the trend was the same over here. It seems like most of the ones I've run across have changed hands several times and been owned by at least 1 person that ran them to death with no maintenence.:mad:
I'd guess the biggest part of them were bought new by a parent, driven for a few years and then passed down to a kid when they got their drivers license.:banghead:

DC Turismo
01-13-2007, 03:07 AM
I must say that you have found a mighty neat car! I have sent you a PM, so I am anxiously awaiting your response to it!!! Also wondering if you had any extra turn signal/parking lenses since they are different from ours here in the states. If so, I'd be very interested in a set@!

I plan on somehow getting that strobe stripe on the turbo bulge reproduced for my Daytona, as its been the EXACT type of appearance mod. I have been looking for!