PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostis Software

JDAWG
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
What do you guys use? I was looking at getting an OTC2000, then I was like well what about an OTC4000. Then I seen some programs on ebay that you can use your computer. That would be sweet cause I could take my laptop right out to my car. But I dont want to get one that requires costly updates and all that. Would like to be able to do OBD2 emissions. Oh and I was kinda looking at datalogging, this is why I was looking at the software for my laptop. Any suggestions?

ShelGame
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
What car do you have? None of the TD's were OBD2 - they were all only OBD1, that's why there's really only a couple of scantool options. DRB or OTC. The laptop software for OBD2 won't work on our cars...

MiniMopar
08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
The OTC4000 and 4000E are quite nice. Get the PAthfinder II module. They can be expanded up to the 2002 model year with a "Duece" module, I believe, with some limitations. It's nice being able to just hook the thing up without having to drag out the laptop and worrying about getting it all grungy. Plus, you can set it on the seat and monitor 8 variables at once, allowing diagnostics for some of the peskier intermittent problems while driving to work or whatever. There are a couple of datalogging solutions with it, but they are slow and kind of a pain. I can datalog better with a custom cal.

JDAWG
08-29-2006, 11:49 AM
What car do you have? None of the TD's were OBD2 - they were all only OBD1, that's why there's really only a couple of scantool options. DRB or OTC. The laptop software for OBD2 won't work on our cars...
I know I am obd1 but just wanted to have the ability to work on my moms car and stuff. I just liked how with a laptop you have a large screen and can read graphs and such.