PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 SMEC cal.. anyone want to share?

jayspartanburg
11-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Running a 87 Daytona Pacifica 2.2 SMEC, 3 bar, +40's, large FMIC, 2.5 sv/dp-3 inch side exit exhaust, one piece intake, 52mm throttle body 5 spd a520. Tried a couple of tunes(turbonator, various stock cals, bb stage 4, mp) getting a wideband next month and from there I'll be fine tuning. Wanted know if anyone has a 2.2 SMEC cal they want to share that would be good for a low boost dd and/or a good starting point when I go to fine tune. No rush. I have mptune and a burn2 burner. If you don't want me to share the tune with anyone else that's fine. Thanks

zin
11-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Have you looked at the "Staged" Turbonator cals Rob has posted up? I would think you could use one of those as the baseline, scale it for the injectors/map and be where you'd want to be.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?61883-BoostButton-Stage-Cals&highlight=turbonator+stage

Looks like a Stage III or IV would be a "bolt on", already set up for the 3-bar, with the stage IV being scaled for the +40s.

Mike

jayspartanburg
11-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes I actually tried the IV but my car doesn't like it, there's was hesitation into WOT but I probably should've cleaned my plugs again before trying it. I asked about it and he said they needed updating. Haven't tried the III tho, because it's been raining all week. Going to drive it this weekend.

zin
11-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, other than not being scaled for the +40s, the stgIII looked like the best place to start.

Do you have a wide-band O2 installed already? If not, I wouldn't tune/spend money on something else until you do.

Mike

jayspartanburg
11-27-2013, 05:07 PM
No not yet. I was using a cal from FORCE FED MOPAR when I was running the LM and it ran great with that. Now that I'm SMEC I need a new cal. Going to get a wb (probably a AEM) in the next few weeks as a early Christmas gift from my wife.

zin
11-27-2013, 06:48 PM
That will be money well spent! Just don't let it fool you when it starts up, they take a minute or so to start reading correctly. At first they'll output a 14.7, I think in case you're using it for the ECU, then, once it has warmed up enough to start to be accurate, you'll get a correct reading (it'll vary a bit, whereas the 14.ish was steady)... at least the units I've messed with, may have changed in the last year or so.

I was going a bit crazy trying to figure out why it would be ok, then go crazy rich but not affect the engine idle quality or sound much... for tuning under load, it should be fine, and a good value (got mine for about $200.00 to the door).

As to the tune, if the one Brian did for you was working that good, perhaps you could bribe him to "port" it over to the new computer format?

Mike

jayspartanburg
11-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I'll look in to the porting, but Brian didn't share the cal, Rob did..

Aries_Turbo
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
depending on which force fed mopar it is, its probably rob.

oops... he just said that. lol

Brian

jayspartanburg
04-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Can't remember what cal I was running but it wouldn't boost past 14ish so I put in BB stg4 and its running good. Turned g-valve down to 14 for the moment so I'm unsure about higher boost but I'll turn the g-valve a couple turns before I leave work in the morning to check that. Only problem I have is around 2800-3k rpm's it hesitates and I have to let off, but will pull fine after that. I think it's done it once @ part throttle but it seems to be a wot thing.. Anyone care to share what I need to adjust in mptune? I have popping on decel. Lowering fuel past idle vacuum the way to cut that?

Going to scale the stg3 for my +40 injectors and try tomorrow..

tryingbe
04-09-2014, 09:12 AM
What does the wideband say?

jayspartanburg
04-10-2014, 02:31 AM
It's ordered and on the way. Had some things come up that delayed me buying one.

tryingbe
04-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Turn the boost down to 5psi until you have the wideband installed.