PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions...

Purpleskunk
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
The brakes on the laser only work on the back cylinder of the master cylinder. the front has no pressure at all. this is all on a brand new master cylinder too. cousin is going to hook up a power bleeder tomorrow and see if he can get anything that way. if not does anyone have a suggestion for what might cause said prob

much thanks in advance

Clay
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
did you bench bleed the MC before installation?

zin
08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
You also might want to check the combo valve/proportioning valve. They'll often have a valve that will slam one side closed if pressure is lost, in an effort to keep you from looseing all your braking. You might just have to re-center it. Though I was under the impression that each side of the master fed one front and one back, so maybe I'm off base...

Purpleskunk
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah we did bleed the new master cylinder before installation, and still it acted just like the old MC, and as far as the valve suggestion, would that be an issue with a new MC? and if so i will have him check it out, and yes on my laser each cylinder controls one front wheel and one back. the front and back i am referring to is the front and back cylinders on the MC

Clay
08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
yup, zin could be right. 1) each port on the MC feeds one front, and one rear brake. 2) if the combo valve has shifted, then you need to recenter it. How do you do that you might ask? WELL..... sit in the drivers seat, and hit the brake pedal HARD and FAST with your foot. Like your trying to stab your foot threw the brake pedal. No reason to hold it, just hit it HARD and release. This should recenter the valve, IF its not stuck one way or the other.

clay

Purpleskunk
08-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Clay....He has actually tried that a couple of times, slamming his foot down with the line connected and loosened both, to no avail. i was actually wondring why, and now i know.:thumb: any other suggestions lol cuz god knows no car i own can ever be normal or simple:banghead: :censored:

turbovanmanČ
08-29-2006, 02:11 AM
What if you crack the lines at the MC, do you get fluid out of both ports or just one? if both, replace the prop valve. If no, you got a bad MC.

Purpleskunk
08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
What if you crack the lines at the MC, do you get fluid out of both ports or just one? if both, replace the prop valve. If no, you got a bad MC.

when he lossens the lines to bleed them, nothing comes out of the front half of the MC the bake line is good and fluid will come out. The thing is..... the old MC did this, and now the brand new one is doing the same thing after being properly prepared and installed.....:confused: