PDA

View Full Version : FREE!! Garrett 2 1/4 Swingvalve

nomadman2001
08-28-2006, 03:59 PM
:nod: Another FEEBIE! Going through the extra parts I have and this I will never use. Good for making a homemade 3" SV. you pay shipping and it's yours - else it's going in the dumpster :yuck: . Save it while you can :D .

Terry Again
08-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Hi,just a couple of questions? Where are you located? And could you check on shipping to 64494 Please? I don't know the exact phrasing on this question,but where the DP bolts up,is it the narrow bolt pattern or is it the later wider bolt pattern? Making it easier to bolt up a 2 1/2" DP? Are you in a real hurry to get this SV gone?
Thanks, Terry :thumb:

nomadman2001
08-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi,just a couple of questions? Where are you located? And could you check on shipping to 64494 Please? I don't know the exact phrasing on this question,but where the DP bolts up,is it the narrow bolt pattern or is it the later wider bolt pattern? Making it easier to bolt up a 2 1/2" DP? Are you in a real hurry to get this SV gone?
Thanks, Terry :thumb:
I'm in Enfield, CT.
About $12 - maybe a $1 or 2 less - no more :nod:
It is the narrow spacing see below: Left is 2 1/2 Mitsu and right is 2 1/4 Garrett
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMAG0062.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMAG0061.JPG
If you want it for a 2 1/2 pipe it's prolly worth spending the $$ for one ~ $100 or so - this would work but you'd have to put some effort into it. Try searching to see if anyone else has modded a 2 1/4 to work w/ a 2 1/2 DP.
I am trying to clean out some unwanted stuff ........ so it's going next time I take my scrap metal bucket to the yard and dump it - prolly a week or 2.
Jim.

Terry Again
08-31-2006, 07:57 AM
That's cool give's me a chance to check into how to mod a 21/4" to use a 21/2" DP. I wish I had down loaded the site that had the write up and pics of how to port where the puck seals out to the size a 21/2" SV has.:banghead: Maybe you might tell me about how to mod the bolt pattern to accept a larger DP?
Thanks, Terry, I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?:thumb:

nomadman2001
08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
That's cool give's me a chance to check into how to mod a 21/4" to use a 21/2" DP. I wish I had down loaded the site that had the write up and pics of how to port where the puck seals out to the size a 21/2" SV has.:banghead: Maybe you might tell me about how to mod the bolt pattern to accept a larger DP?
Thanks, Terry, I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?:thumb:
I don't know if there is any benifit to just attaching a 2 1/2 DP to this SV. The SV is going to be you restriction - perhaps somewhat better but might not be worth the effort. Swapping a SV in the car isn't easy! I posted it up here for free because I thought someone might want to cut it up and weld a header flange to it for 3" pipe.
If you want it ti's yours up until the time I dump the bucket (that it's already in!). I'll box and ship it free of labor charge but it's up to you what you do with it. Have you posted up the question "How to mod a 2 1/4 SV?" ?
Jim.