PDA

View Full Version : Consulier gtp # 44

GTP#44
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi All Consulier Lovers,
I own a 1990 Consulier GTP #44 I have had it for 2 years now.
It has 6000 miles and about 450 hours Johnny has posted a few pics I sent him under the GTP by owners section.
My vin has 25 at the end but I understand from good sources that is the #44 car.
At the start the vin numbers meant something but they said that the vin numbers dont equal the car production number so it is tough unless you know somebody.
All the key tags also say #44.
Mine is a targa with a fixed roof so it does not have the glass behind the driver/passenger door.
I have new and unused glass for both sides if anybody is in need of them I know they are impossible to find.
Also my sign guy has the Consulier logo in his system if anybody wants the original logo looks like a "C" kind of.
# 44

2.216VTurbo
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
It was a couple years ago when they placed the add in Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine that I considered purchasing one. they wanted between $8500. for basically a shell and $80,000. for the nicest ones. Timing wasn't right for me as my wife said she would divorce me if I "Brought any more cars home":p When the 'fire sale' happened recently and guys were grabbing them up for $3K I was kinda glad Wifey did me that favor:lol: She divorced me anyway so technically, she did me two favors:amen: Anyway, how did you become a Consulier owner, was it because you are 'local' or you saw them in GRM or at a race back in the day? Have you had yours on a track ever?

Thanks for posting up:)

GTP#44
10-21-2013, 04:44 PM
I got my Consulier from the former the former V.P. of Mosler.
Warren said it was made for a lady so it is lower than normal like its not low enough.
I have a blast driving it but no track time yet I see some in the future.
I dont want to smash it up or have somebody else smash into it.
I am very glad to see all the owners getting together this is awesome for only 82 cars ever made.

cordes
10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the site!

Rrider
10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Welcome! What size wheel/tire do you have on there? How do the low profile tires ride?

GTP#44
10-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Welcome! What size wheel/tire do you have on there? How do the low profile tires ride?

The tire size is 235/40ZR/17
They dont rub .....not by much.
The low profile is the only tire that will fit with the 17 inch OZ rims.
The ride is not like a Caddy ...but it wasn't when it was new.
I liked the look of the car, but the original wheels I did not like...sorry.
I think changing the rims and tires totally makes the car look better and handles way better with the low profile tires.

168glhs1986
10-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Warren said it was made for a lady so it is lower than normal like its not low enough.
I am very glad to see all the owners getting together this is awesome for only 82 cars ever made.

Welcome as well and its nice to have a fellow Consulier owner share their experiences with the car.

I fell safer on the track during hpde's than i feel driving it on the street.

So 82 Consuliers?

2.216VTurbo
10-22-2013, 12:00 AM

I think you will be suprised when you get some track time how *safe* it is. I've driven at least 10 different roadcourses in the US in a variety of different cars, I've never even had another car to car incident or close call:amen:. I've spun. I've blown up. I've even had a few 'off course excursions;)' but no other driver has ever taken a line that I couldn't avoid:)

A week of driving on the street doesn't go by where I have a close call or two:(

Johnny
10-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Here is his car.........

cordes
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Those wheels really do help the look a lot.