PDA

View Full Version : TIII not getting into boost

91RT
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
hey all i recently did "jacksons" timing idler relocate mod along with my head gasket, i put it all back together and at WOT its not getting any boost i tried disconnecting the waste gate solenoid and still no boost? maybe the timings off? ive tried timing it about 5 times now and the same thing is happening. does this sound timing related or something else? ps stock turbo rebuilt less then 6 months

thanks all
mike

iTurbo
10-20-2013, 06:49 PM
No boost at all? First thing I would check is to make sure the wastegate actuator rod as not fall off.

91RT
10-20-2013, 06:52 PM
yup its all there and connected

iTurbo
10-20-2013, 07:17 PM
When you got it back together after reinstalling the T-belt, did the idle and drivability (off boost performance) seem the same as before? And just to clarify, are you having no boost whatsoever or only 4-5 psi?

You could try unplugging the vacuum line going to the wastegate actuator and plugging it. Go for a short drive and be VERY careful with the throttle. If you suddenly have boost that should tell you if it's a wastegate control problem. You gotta be careful though as it should overboost very easily if you go anywhere past 1/2 throttle.

91RT
10-20-2013, 07:34 PM
I was getting zero boost I'll try pluggin the vac line tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Also drive ability off boost seems normal