Polygon
10-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Date: 20th October 2013
Username: Polygon
Full Name: Clint Gardner
City, State, Zip: Alpine, UT 84004
Price: $250

Description:

As I've said, I'm selling my GTC and thus selling all my parts as well. This is a brand new TU 3" swing valve. I never got around to installing it. I'm asking $250 for it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1265748_10201404590788169_14483642_o.jpg

wheming
10-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Someone had mentioned they wanted one... but my memory is crap!
Maybe he'll see this. I'm interested in seeing how quickly this sells. I have one and not sure I'll use.

Chris W
10-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Someone had mentioned they wanted one... but my memory is crap!
Maybe he'll see this. I'm interested in seeing how quickly this sells. I have one and not sure I'll use.

I know a customer interested in this

Chris -TU

nvysion
10-21-2013, 03:13 AM
I will take it if you ship to france and take paypal.
Louis

Polygon
10-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Awaiting payment from JohnnyIroc.

JohnnyIroc
10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
payment sent

Polygon
10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Got it! Swing valve is sold.

2.216VTurbo
10-21-2013, 11:51 PM
I know a customer interested in this

Chris -TU

Chris, I gotta wonder as I'm sure others do, WHY DON'T you make more cast headers and swingvalves:confused: You've sold every one right? None on the shelves right? When they come up for sale here or Ebay they sell right? Somehow despite my attemps, I've ended up with 2 8V cars;) I would buy another header if one came available. Smog Nazis in CA can't spot that:evil:

iTurbo
10-22-2013, 12:03 AM
I would buy one of the cast 8v headers if they became available again.

JohnnyIroc
10-22-2013, 01:06 AM
id be in too

Chris W
10-22-2013, 03:41 AM
Chris, I gotta wonder as I'm sure others do, WHY DON'T you make more cast headers and swingvalves:confused: You've sold every one right? None on the shelves right? When they come up for sale here or Ebay they sell right? Somehow despite my attemps, I've ended up with 2 8V cars;) I would buy another header if one came available. Smog Nazis in CA can't spot that:evil:

We do have about 100 of the 3" dual pattern swingvalves in stock and already machined. The issue we have is obtaining the swingvalve mechanism so we can press them in and start shipping. All the vendors we have contacted are requiring minimum of 1000-2000 units based on our specs (see attached photo) which will drive up our costs. We recently found a company that can provide quantity 100 "standard" specs and we will work on upgrading them to our "standards".

In regard to our cast iron headers, it took 4 years for us to sell 90 of them with good feedback on the forums. Someone with our first generation Stainless Steel welded hybrid header purchased a generic turbo off EBay and ran it in their L-Body for several years. When they transitioned it to their P-Body they ran into clearance issues with their brake booster. TU guarantees all our headers will work with TU turbos. We cannot be held responsible for fitment issues when a customer purchases his turbos elsewhere without checking for clearance. Whenever there were inquiries on the message boards regarding the second generation cast iron header this person would chime in and discourage people from buying it based on his experience with his first generation welded Stainless version. We fought back trying to explain they were two different header designs but the bashing was allowed to continue. Our sales dropped off even worse. We were nearing the end of our first run of 100 so we just decided to discontinue the product. We invested a significant amount of money into the multi step port design, flow testing and final production for these but with all the unwarranted negativity we just felt frustrated with the drama and lack of support. A couple of times I promised to bring the header back if we could get a minimum of 40 pre-orders but we have always fallen short. The challenge is still there. If someone else wants to do it I will offer up a free header for their troubles.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

iTurbo
10-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Oh, that guy. erghghbmmg*douchbag*eggavkmaveojfnafkghemmrrmm.

wowzer
10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
i'm in for a header!

krut
10-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Fitment issues on a performance part, and it's a problem? Even if it doesn't fit, make it fit. (;

2.216VTurbo
10-22-2013, 08:53 PM
We do have about 100 of the 3" dual pattern swingvalves in stock and already machined. The issue we have is obtaining the swingvalve mechanism so we can press them in and start shipping. All the vendors we have contacted are requiring minimum of 1000-2000 units based on our specs (see attached photo) which will drive up our costs. We recently found a company that can provide quantity 100 "standard" specs and we will work on upgrading them to our "standards".

In regard to our cast iron headers, it took 4 years for us to sell 90 of them with good feedback on the forums. Someone with our first generation Stainless Steel welded hybrid header purchased a generic turbo off EBay and ran it in their L-Body for several years. When they transitioned it to their P-Body they ran into clearance issues with their brake booster. TU guarantees all our headers will work with TU turbos. We cannot be held responsible for fitment issues when a customer purchases his turbos elsewhere without checking for clearance. Whenever there were inquiries on the message boards regarding the second generation cast iron header this person would chime in and discourage people from buying it based on his experience with his first generation welded Stainless version. We fought back trying to explain they were two different header designs but the bashing was allowed to continue. Our sales dropped off even worse. We were nearing the end of our first run of 100 so we just decided to discontinue the product. We invested a significant amount of money into the multi step port design, flow testing and final production for these but with all the unwarranted negativity we just felt frustrated with the drama and lack of support. A couple of times I promised to bring the header back if we could get a minimum of 40 pre-orders but we have always fallen short. The challenge is still there. If someone else wants to do it I will offer up a free header for their troubles.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

OK, I get what you're saying buuuuuttt... The customers now know that your cast header is a quality piece, they've been in service what 3+ years now, none have cracked or failed that I've heard of? I doubt anyone is going to refer to years old negative feedback from a Dbag Ex customer. THe feedback I've heard is that they make great power so IMO, it's a win product(I have your weld elle header on the roadrace GLHS but will install the used cast header I have during the next round of upgrades) Since you have done a first run batch and no changes are needed the cost for R&D/molds/prototypes etc are eliminated right? Production of the second batch certainly costs less this time right? As far as pre-paid/pre-orders, that's not something I'm into, I want a product, I buy it if it's available, not put money in and hope it happens:confused: It's your business man, seems to me like the hardest part has already been done and any additional sales (40, 50, 100 whatever number you want to guess on) would be a money maker but you dont tell me how to run my Biz so this is just speculation on my part. I'd buy 2 more if you had them priced the same as 1st batch.

BTW good news on the 3" SV's!

Chris W
10-22-2013, 10:09 PM
OK, I get what you're saying buuuuuttt... The customers now know that your cast header is a quality piece, they've been in service what 3+ years now, none have cracked or failed that I've heard of? I doubt anyone is going to refer to years old negative feedback from a Dbag Ex customer. THe feedback I've heard is that they make great power so IMO, it's a win product(I have your weld elle header on the roadrace GLHS but will install the used cast header I have during the next round of upgrades) Since you have done a first run batch and no changes are needed the cost for R&D/molds/prototypes etc are eliminated right? Production of the second batch certainly costs less this time right? As far as pre-paid/pre-orders, that's not something I'm into, I want a product, I buy it if it's available, not put money in and hope it happens:confused: It's your business man, seems to me like the hardest part has already been done and any additional sales (40, 50, 100 whatever number you want to guess on) would be a money maker but you dont tell me how to run my Biz so this is just speculation on my part. I'd buy 2 more if you had them priced the same as 1st batch.

BTW good news on the 3" SV's!

After all the initial investments the first run was really a money losing endeavor for us. Since I have the mold and core box all I need to do is contact the foundry to get current costs. The only thing left would be to get pricing on the modified oil return tubes, flanges and coolant extensions. It's been 7 years since the first run so some things most likely went up. After that I will offer it up to the board one last time. Like most of our group buys we will not be requesting money up front until we have enough people interested. We would need 40 commitments on the message board. Once we reach the magic number all those who committed need to come through with a deposit of $100. Production will be delayed until all deposits have been collected. When I contact the foundry and machinist I will get their best guess on eta so we will have some sort of final shipping date. If that's acceptable to everyone here I will agree to start the research.

Chris-TU

GLHNSLHT2
10-22-2013, 10:56 PM
need Masi 16v valve cover gaskets 1st though.

Chris W
10-23-2013, 02:01 AM
- - - Updated - - -

need Masi 16v valve cover gaskets 1st though.

Looking forward to meeting up with our vendor next month. Will report back then.

Chris-TU

nvysion
10-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Chris,
I'm in for the 3" S/V and the header

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
10-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris these swingvalves work with ,the mitsu also? Thanks jimmy

francois
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Don`t want to pollute the tread but I would be interested in both product if they were to be available.

MPI_duster
10-24-2013, 01:43 PM
After all the initial investments the first run was really a money losing endeavor for us. Since I have the mold and core box all I need to do is contact the foundry to get current costs. The only thing left would be to get pricing on the modified oil return tubes, flanges and coolant extensions. It's been 7 years since the first run so some things most likely went up. After that I will offer it up to the board one last time. Like most of our group buys we will not be requesting money up front until we have enough people interested. We would need 40 commitments on the message board. Once we reach the magic number all those who committed need to come through with a deposit of $100. Production will be delayed until all deposits have been collected. When I contact the foundry and machinist I will get their best guess on eta so we will have some sort of final shipping date. If that's acceptable to everyone here I will agree to start the research.

Chris-TU

I'm interested enough to start a thread and see what we can get put together.

Anyone who has interest in the header please refer to http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?73046-Turbos-Unleashed-Cast-Header&p=1015465#post1015465, sign your name up and lets make it happen.

82 Rampage
10-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm in need of a 3" swing valve as well.

Chris W
10-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris these swingvalves work with ,the mitsu also? Thanks jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Our dual bolt pattern 3" Swingvalves only work with Garrett Ford and Chrysler style turbine housings.

Chris-TU