PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a 76 feather Duster /6 4spd OD I wanna turbo this thing

amoparacer
10-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Okay so my plan is to cut lower flange off exaust manifold and weld on turbo flange. So I would like to run 12 pounds of boost with intercooler and i would like to USE a clifford intake and install fuel injection. So I would like to ether use mega squirt or maybe a 3.6 CPU proble cheaper how could I control knock and any one know a way to use mopar tuner on with the 3.6 CPU.

bakes
10-19-2013, 03:26 PM
you can try the jeep 4.0l wiring /ecu / injection rail and get shellgame to build you a CAL

shadow88
10-19-2013, 05:20 PM
PM turbo66valiant or shaker223 for a couple other options and opinions.

Personally, I like the megasquirt system.

amoparacer
10-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Calling out any /6 turbo guys where are you need suggestions

player1up
10-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I ran an intercooled blow thru setup on my slant for a while. The main issue you'll have is clutch slippage with the 4-speed. I spent a couple of years reading over at the turboforums and gathering parts.

My setup was VERY simple and ran 6-8lbs:
mitsu turbo ( doesn't matter what model, it was too small )
Holley 350CFM 2bbl with hanger 18 mods, pink accel cam and solid floats
Some generic intercooler ( whatever you can find to fit your tubing and space )
Boost referenced FPR ( I used the mallory 4309 with the carb )
Walbro GSL392 ( I know it's overkill ) but works well with the 5.9L EFI magnum engine in there now :)

Some of the larger hurdles include:
1. Exhaust manifold needs to be custom made, or some sort of j-pipe to connect to the stock manifold
2. Need to have something to retard timing when in boost. MSD BTM works well.
3. Need to have some sort of clutch mods done. My stock 10" clutch got cooked real quick and the RAM clutches stage 3 puck clutch was chattery and still slipped at 10psi.

If I were to do it again, it'd be fuel injected. Megasquirt is customizable and fully capable of doing what you want to do.
Playing with the carb seemed like I was always chasing my tail.

I spent almost as much on the turbo setup as I did on the 360 engine.

Knock sensors are pretty specific and look for a certain frequency. Most likely wont find one that will work on the slant.

With all that said, the turbo slant was fun, different, and makes people at car shows look like you just tried to explain quantum physics to them. :D

mpgmike
10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Here are several articles discussing exactly what you say you want to do:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/holler/index.html

Mike

amoparacer
10-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Here are several articles discussing exactly what you say you want to do:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/holler/index.html

Mike

okay so I read this article. I am a turbo veteran this article is very basic. What i was looking for is anyone that has fuel injected DPI and turbo charged a slant Six. I was looking for someone with slant 6/ injection and boost controled by a CPU.

Johnny
10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Saw a Hang Ten duster at the car show last weekend.

knownenemy
11-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Here's an interesting video for you:

http://youtu.be/sskmMEekVlY

Johnny
11-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Pretty thick pipe, should hold up. Looks like stainless pipe?

amoparacer
12-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Okay so i purchased my MSD6 BTM and installed it would not run crap did I ride the wiring short bus. Found out the mag pick up i installed 2 weeks ago that worked great with stock ECU would not fire the MSD bought rebuilt Dizzy al working now. Turbo after install after christmas.