PDA

View Full Version : Engine: WTB: TIII connecting rod

iTurbo
10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Looking for a single TIII connecting rod. pn# 4323958.

Just needs to be a good used one since I will be having them redone at a local machine shop with the other three I already have.

Xtrempickup
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
arent they the same as T2 rods?

iTurbo
10-14-2013, 05:22 PM
I believe so, other than that the TIII supposedly came with higher quality rod bolts.

At any rate, I'm having a set of new ARP rod bolts installed, so a TII rod, or even a late model TI rod should work as long as it has the aforementioned part number cast into it.

4 l-bodies
10-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Jeremy,
If possible try to find one that hasn't been reconditioned yet. Each time somebody reconditions them they lose about .003-4 in center to center distance. I probably have some laying around if no one wants to send one your way.
I would have them drill the small end of the rod while being reconditioned. They will also need to be weight balanced as Mopar had heavy and light batches.
Todd

turismolover22
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Ill check my set, 87 t2 rods. Id prefer to sell the hole set, if you want them shoot me an offer i really dont need them. Untouched since i pulled them, have not been recon'd to my knowledge.

iTurbo
10-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Jeremy,
If possible try to find one that hasn't been reconditioned yet. Each time somebody reconditions them they lose about .003-4 in center to center distance. I probably have some laying around if no one wants to send one your way.
I would have them drill the small end of the rod while being reconditioned. They will also need to be weight balanced as Mopar had heavy and light batches.
Todd

Thanks for the info Todd. The reason I asked for a "TIII rod" was because the set that I have came out of a '91 TIII originally. I figure if I can find another from that application it would be the best (crapshoot, I know). The reason I need another *one* is because when I tore apart the TIII that these came out of, it turned out it had three original rods (x958) and one early TI HD rod (x385) with a pressed pin!. As you know, the 385 is basically the same rod as the 958, but with a slightly different cap. I'm wanting to use this set of 958 rods, but obviously I would like to have a matched set for the TII build I'm working on.

Still looking out for one 958 rod that somebody has lying around. In the meantime I will try to find a scale and weigh the three I do have. (rods, caps, bolts, nuts, and floating bushing installed; but no rod bearing).

Wastelands Warrior
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Come on, dood...stock rods? Throw some Ti rods in there and BE DA MAN!!!! :)

Xtrempickup
10-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Simon doesnt have any he'd part with?

glhs727
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I've got plenty... call me I'll sell you 1 or 2 cheap!

iTurbo
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I got a couple 958 rods on the way, thanks Cindy.

turbovanmanČ
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Simon doesnt have any he'd part with?

I do but I haven't been around much, :(