PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Ram tranny trouble!?

glhs875
10-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Does any one have any idea/experience of what I think is shift solenoid problems on a 2005 Ram with the Hemi and 5sp auto? 1st gear and reverse seems to be the only 2 gears with a problem. On the 1st gear. if I'am stuck at red light for a long time the trans will jump out of gear into a higher gear and eventually go into a limp mode to the point of the wireless throttle no working until the codes are cleared. But even after the codes are cleared the solenoid I assume with the problem doesn't want to work properly and will continue to go into the limp mode once I come to a stop and try to take off again until the solenoid has had ample time to cool off and then it seems to work okay again. It is quite annoying! Any help is greatly appreciated!

bakes
10-09-2013, 11:17 AM
What codes you have? i start there.

glhs875
10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
What codes you have? i start there.

Yea, I need to let the codes reset themselves and then read them before I erase them. I know the codes set had something to do with loss of pressure. But the trans does not slip at all, fluid looks great and when working right,up shifts and down shifts great (hard and firm).I'am pretty sure it is an electrical/shift solenoid problem