PDA

View Full Version : Fs: 1986 GLHS #420

86Shelby
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
After owning it for 6 years it's time for the car to go. I'd like to see $600 for it. Yes, I know that seems like a lot for a car in this condition. I don't see it as buying the car, but as buying the Shelby-specific parts with a broken shell attached. I don't have the time, money or skill needed to repair the car properly and am tired of the storage fees. The car was t-boned in early Oct '04 and has been stored indoors since mid-Oct '04.
Pics: www.geocities.com/glhs420

Here's what you get:
-The broken rolling car with approximately 215k miles on it. NO rust forward of the B pillar. Interior is complete.
-Original shortblock- tired but stored correctly with grease on machined surfaces to prevent rust buildup.
-Original trans- shifted and worked awesome when pulled in favor of a 555
-4 Centurion rims- need refinishing; 1 has curb rash(not from the accident), all have moderate corrosion. The RR rim which was hit has .03" lateral runout and .02" radial runout; amazingly, it was not bent. the lateral runout was measured on the outside of the rim, which also measured the variation from the corrosion.
-Wiring harness- good working condition. Could use a fusible link repaired
-Stock LM from an '87 GLHS- has AIS control issues
-Steering wheel- needs new leather
-Shift knob- needs new leather
-Set of worn blue/grey Shelby charger seats that are installed
-A set of grey/silver Shelby Charger seats that are not installed. Good condition, need cleaning but useable as is. They'd be great for a driver; show car maybe with extra cleaning, no stains or tears simply dusty/dirty from storage.
-GLHS specific intercooler with hoses and airbox
-GLHS radiator- needs recore, endtanks are solid.
-GLHS specific EGR setup
-All the GFX in solid condition, need refurbishing to be perfect
-Rear Konis are still there; RR shaft is bent.
-#420 dash plaque
-Copy of the window sticker
-Many of the sales papers and other small items from the Original owner-warranty booklet, owners manual, Koni knob, etc.
-A nearly complete set of NOS GLHS decals with an unused Positive Impressions windshield decal.
-Shifter has been modified to be a short throw. It's covered on TD.com and also Team Omni.
-Front passenger door outer skin- NOS Mopar piece still in packaging
-The car has the SLH brake package with the larger front calipers and master cylinder.

-The boost and oil pressure gauges as seen below are not included; though the pillar pod is.
-The throttle cable is not on the car at the moment; though I may be able to include it if you're interested.
-There is no exhaust on the car; the original is long gone while what was on it is now on my GLHT.
-I can include a 2 piece intake/fuel rail from an '87 GLHS which has the proper EGR port for an extra $150. This one has some work done to the inside with a sanding roll to smooth out the casting ridges. Not ported.
-The hood pictured with the scopp does not come with the car. The original hood comes with it. The Shelby emissions sticker is in great shape on the hood.

Basically, a wrecked GLHS that's complete minus the head/intake/exhaust/turbo. I can arrange transport within 100 miles of Lincoln, Nebraska for roughly $1-1.25/mile; counting return trip mileage. I can get a more accurate quote once you express interest; this is just a ballpark figure.

Do not ask for any parts from the car unless you are willing to take it all; it's a package deal. I won't respond to those inquiries.

http://www.geocities.com/glhs420/s4e1.jpg

Turbodave
08-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Ray, has the car got a clear title, or did the insurance co. change it to a salvage title after the wreck?

86Shelby
08-28-2006, 02:40 PM
The title is still clean. Carfax reported that it was in an accident, but nothing about it being a salvage title. The odometer does not read the correct mileage, and the title reflects that it is exempt from odometer readings. 10yr/100k miles is the cutoff point in Nebraska.

Here's an excerpt from the carfax done in March of this year:

The story of this 1986 DODGE OMNI (1B3BZ18E8GD270263) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

This hatchback has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this hatchback was reported to CARFAX by a Nebraska DMV in 1987.

It was involved in an accident in Nebraska that was reported to the police.

It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/11/2003, was 147,000 miles.

It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.

DodgeZ
08-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Move to South Carolina and I'll buy it. If it was for sale during SDAC I would have picked it up.

Turbodave
08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
How quickly do you need it gone Ray? I'd like it, but it might be a few months before I can get a weekend to come get it.

86Shelby
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm really looking to have it leave by the end of September.

Turbodave
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Ray, I'll talk to my uncle in Council Bluffs and see if I can work something out with him and get storage in one of his buildings until I could come pick it up, that way it would be out of your hair.

If I can figure something out I could move it from Lincoln to the Bluffs the first week of October when I'm out there to pick up the Shadow. I'll keep you posted.

Marcus86GLHS
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
600 bucks is a steal for that remaining hardware. i'd grab it myself if i had a place to put it, good luck.

iTurbo
08-29-2006, 04:20 PM
$600 definately a steal. I was thinking about getting it myself, and using the parts to rescue a nice rust-free '84 GLH sitting out here in a local 'yard but they can't get the title for it.

Xtrempickup
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
nice steal in parts, worth at least 600, get a nice 85 or 86 and make your own GLHS, doesnt have to be real, if you like it and it doesnt affect the car, what does it matter, just dont sell it to anybody as the real thing

supercrackerbox
08-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Ray, I'll talk to my uncle in Council Bluffs and see if I can work something out with him and get storage in one of his buildings until I could come pick it up, that way it would be out of your hair.

If I can figure something out I could move it from Lincoln to the Bluffs the first week of October when I'm out there to pick up the Shadow. I'll keep you posted.

Might be able to work something out with Kaleb as well if your uncle can't help. He just delivered my new SC and took the shell of my wrecked Z.

Turbodave
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Might be able to work something out with Kaleb as well if your uncle can't help. He just delivered my new SC and took the shell of my wrecked Z.

Maybe I can talk Kaleb into welding a new everything from the B-pillar back onto the car ;). If anybody could do it, he could.

Ray, I'll give you a call one night this week and we can talk about it more. Don't listen to these guys saying it's a steal, it's a rip off and you know it. I'm only interested in buying it to keep someone else from getting taken;).