PDA

View Full Version : Masi 16v masi 16 v vale cover gasket

ucku
09-29-2013, 03:14 PM
point me in the right driection i need a vale cover gasket for a 16v masi tkx

GLHNSLHT2
09-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Break out the RTV, unless Chris at TU suddenly has some good news for us.

ucku
09-29-2013, 03:24 PM
i herd rick down in florida has some u know how to get a hlod of him

cordes
09-29-2013, 10:54 PM
I believe this is his site. That's probably your best bet, as I don't see the group buy materializing while I'm alive.

http://www.rdiperformance.com/

Reaper1
09-30-2013, 02:04 PM
I talked with Rick not too long ago. I don't think he has any more valve cover gaskets for sale. :( He does have the spark plug tube o-rings and the grommets, though.

Rrider
09-30-2013, 02:43 PM
How does that rtv work out? Is that stand alone or with a gasket?

Maybe some TB1217H would work well?

johnl
09-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Attached is the invoice for what I found, Viton metric cord stock, 4.5 mm, and yes, the Mr. Gasket, grey super tuff RTV works very well but is a PITA to clean up for resealing and is so strong that removing the VC is difficult - very slow careful prying.

looneytuner
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
How does that rtv work out? Is that stand alone or with a gasket?

Maybe some TB1217H would work well?

What about the RTV with fiberglass mold release spray. Don't pull the cover all the way down till the RTV sets up. Once it sets up, pull the cover and trim the edges and check for voids.

turismolover22
10-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Fg mold release is meant to be burned off, i dnt know how well it would "react" or mix with soft uncured rtv.

Reaper1
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
And what do you do about the half-moons?

johnl
10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Use the old ones, trim off the old gasket, or, machine some discs, cut them in half.

iTurbo
10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I have a prototype Masi 16v head here that uses cast aluminum vent ports that go in place of the half moon parts of the gasket. If we could find somebody to remake them, you'd have a good valve cover vent and an easier time sealing up the valve cover as well. I have found that the vent pieces uses there own gasket around them. Not sure if RTV would work just as well or not. Maybe lengel could make them, but I hear he is pretty busy.

johnl
10-01-2013, 09:45 PM
My head is not a prototype but an early production one and it also has a half moon vent but it is made of plastic and is RTV'd in its place beneath the o-ring gasket. I found that that vent was a problem in high speed right hand turns at the race track where most of the oil in the head was slammed up onto the left side of the VC area. From there it then quickly filled my catch can. That left side vent, of course, is baffled by the end of the cam but that baffling is insufficient when inundated by sloshing oil and when under boost/blow by. There are two "knock outs" in the back of my VC and I knocked out one and that second vent helped relieve the problem, giving blow by an alternate route when the left side vent was blocked by sloshing oil.