PDA

View Full Version : BoostButton Flashable Computer Sale

ShelGame
09-20-2013, 11:21 AM
I just started a sale on the BB flashable computers. I bundled the computer and USB cable together and put them all on sale for $35 off.

Flashable SMEC was $195, cable was $40. Get them together now for $200 (+shipping).

You still get a discount if you send in a core to be modified, and a custom cal is still an option.

Sale will go thru November...

wheming
09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Sweet! I need another one...
In this case, it paid to procrastinate!
Is there a "customer loyalty discount" I can bundle savings??? ;)

wheming
10-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Can you use a 2.2 smec for a 2.5 flashable smec?
Chip ends in 242

ShelGame
10-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Can you use a 2.2 smec for a 2.5 flashable smec?
Chip ends in 242

Yeah, they're the same...

wheming
10-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Cool. I need to get on the ball and send this to you and take part in the sale. How much is the core credit?

I need to get over to your website and print a cal information sheet.

ShelGame
10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Cool. I need to get on the ball and send this to you and take part in the sale. How much is the core credit?

I need to get over to your website and print a cal information sheet.

$70 or 80 I think. I forget...

wheming
10-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Sweet!
I may as well have you build me a cal specifically for my new parts and plans for Mini. The other smec has been in Slug.

GLHNSLHT2
10-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Is this for the SBEC's too???

ShelGame
10-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Is this for the SBEC's too???

Yep...

Badger
10-28-2013, 09:53 PM
the USB thing is only available on a SMEC?

ShelGame
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
the USB thing is only available on a SMEC?

No, the bundle is available on all.

Dan H
11-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Is this going through the end of November?

ShelGame
11-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Is this going through the end of November?

I originally set it to go thru the 20th of November. I just extended it to the end of the year...

wallace
12-03-2013, 05:46 PM
I have a 87' T&C wagon with a chipped ecu and a tune you did for me. Can I use this ECU and install the flashable board myself? I am changing the combination and would also like you to do another cal to get me started. What would be the best way to go about doing this? Thanks.

ShelGame
12-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a 87' T&C wagon with a chipped ecu and a tune you did for me. Can I use this ECU and install the flashable board myself? I am changing the combination and would also like you to do another cal to get me started. What would be the best way to go about doing this? Thanks.

Is it an LM? Or a SMEC/SBEC?

The flash module doesn't work in the LM. Only in the later ECU's. I'm working on a 'SuperLM' module that will be flashable. It will also have a processor upgrade so that it can run SMEC-like code...

wallace
12-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Is it an LM? Or a SMEC/SBEC?

The flash module doesn't work in the LM. Only in the later ECU's. I'm working on a 'SuperLM' module that will be flashable. It will also have a processor upgrade so that it can run SMEC-like code...

How do I tell the difference?

ShelGame
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
How do I tell the difference?

LM is in the passenger kick panel and is the original ECU for '87. If you didn't upgrade your car to SMEC, or SBEC, then it's still using the LM...

wallace
12-04-2013, 01:06 PM
ok, so it should be the LM then. I have a 90' SBEC and wiring harness from a van. The engine/transmission are removed from the car now. The harness from the van has a broken firewall connector. Would this be a better way to go by using this setup and swapping the pins over from the van harness into the existing firewall connector? Thanks for the info.

ShelGame
12-04-2013, 02:08 PM
ok, so it should be the LM then. I have a 90' SBEC and wiring harness from a van. The engine/transmission are removed from the car now. The harness from the van has a broken firewall connector. Would this be a better way to go by using this setup and swapping the pins over from the van harness into the existing firewall connector? Thanks for the info.

Maybe; It's a lot of work.

I personally think the SBEC is better than the LM. Just easier to work with. The LM is kind of unique in the way values are used. So, some data doesn't translate so well to the later ECU's.

wallace
12-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Maybe; It's a lot of work.

I personally think the SBEC is better than the LM. Just easier to work with. The LM is kind of unique in the way values are used. So, some data doesn't translate so well to the later ECU's.

OK I've got a SBEC harness on the way. I'd like to send you my SBEC and get you to modify it to be flashable and also to put a calibration in it to get me started. Do I just fill out the form on your site and ship you the ECU?

ShelGame
12-24-2013, 09:32 AM
OK I've got a SBEC harness on the way. I'd like to send you my SBEC and get you to modify it to be flashable and also to put a calibration in it to get me started. Do I just fill out the form on your site and ship you the ECU?

Yep, there's an order page for the bundle...

wallace
12-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Yep I filled out the cal info and paid for the bundle. I need to send you my ecu it should go out on Thursday.

ShelGame
12-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Yep I filled out the cal info and paid for the bundle. I need to send you my ecu it should go out on Thursday.

I got it thanks.