PDA

View Full Version : Wheels / Tires: I need lugnuts!

87DaytonaPac
09-15-2013, 11:05 PM
I need 12 of the 87 Daytona Pacifica fancy lugnuts. They are the ones with the chrome/tin caps pressed on to them. I'm sure they were on other models as well.

Here's a pic of what I need.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/pbk105//Cars/Daytona/Daytona%20chrome%20lugnuts.jpg

A.J.
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Those things are crap. The caps constantly fall off. I prefer the all chrome one piece lugnuts off of Hondas. They are the same thread pitch and use a 19mm socket. I've changes all my Chryslers over to them. You might want to check them out instead of using lugnuts you have to replace because the poorly designed caps fall off.

cordes
09-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Unless you're going for a factory correct restoration please save yourself the trouble and get some nice McGuard or Gorilla brand solid chrome lug nuts. That style is total crap and will eventually leave you stranded when the cap comes off and leaves an 18mm nut in place of the original 19mm size. I saw it all the time while working in a tire shop.

ETA: Beat by a minute by AJ. Be careful with those Honda nuts though. Some of the parts store ones are pure crap and will strip after only a few uses.

shackwrrr
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Honda lug nuts are usually Spherical seat? Or is there another model that uses the correct conical seat?

cordes
09-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Honda lug nuts are usually Spherical seat? Or is there another model that uses the correct conical seat?

Most all of them are the normal style and angle we use. Perhaps you're thinking of the Toyotas with lug centric wheels?

supercrackerbox
09-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Every Honda I've ever dealt with had ball seat lug nuts. When we put the snow wheels on the Fit, I have to swap the lug nuts too since they aren't actually Honda wheels.

A.J.
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM

90's and 00's Honda Civics and Accords are what I look for when I need lug nuts. I think Cordes is correct and think you are thinking of Toyotas.

supercrackerbox
09-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I've never seen a Toyota with ball seat lugnuts.

86Shelby
09-16-2013, 12:40 AM
SRT4's also have the chrome lugnuts without the crappy caps on them.

87DaytonaPac
09-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I know these aren't great lugnuts but they are honestly all I need. I am recycling some old Pacifica rims that had some decent rubber on to my Plymouth Breeze and just wanted some lugnuts that aren't open style for steel wheels. Just picking up a new set at the store did cross my mind but I didn't want to get into getting the wrong type or spending a bunch of money.

87DaytonaPac
09-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Still in need!

86Shelby
09-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Try a nearby salvage yard. The last time I got 10 lugnuts from my local yard a few years back there was no charge aside from the entrance fee.

I could round some up at the yard; I'd like $1.50 each for my time & costs plus shipping. I probably won't have a chance to get out there before Monday night. They may not all have the caps like that, some might be the better chrome style.

FYI, it's generally less expensive to get the lug nut kit at the parts store rather than buy them seperately. Here they ask $2.25/ea for the chrome units, yet a kit of 20 is $23.

Rrider
09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Shwacks right on the honda OE stuff. It's 12x1.5 but its the rounded ball seat. The rounded seat you would think would stress the crap out of a conical seat wheel. But I've never seen or heard of anything failing because of a mismatch yet.

I think I got my last set of nuts from rock auto with some other part and they were very cheap. The set before that was from autozone. For not quite as cheap but still cheap enough to make it not worth shipping. Oh and I hate the tin covers also.

jonnymopar
09-18-2013, 04:33 PM
If you need them that bad, I'll go buy some different ones and give you the chrome-capped ones off of my Neon. They're exactly the same as the ones on the old turbo Dodges. I run Pumpers in the summer, and steelies with hubcaps in the winter time, so I never see mine. Let me know!

jaysshelby
09-21-2013, 01:57 PM
If you still need them, I'll check and see how many I have.

87DaytonaPac
09-21-2013, 10:16 PM
If you still need them, I'll check and see how many I have.

Still need them.

supercrackerbox
09-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Any of these will fit your car and wheels:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_nkw=12x1.25+bulge+acorn&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_rdc=2