PDA

View Full Version : General: Trans Bracket Needed!!

DSP
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
I am looking for a manual transmission bracket for a 1983 Dodge Omni. I was replacing what I thought was a bad mount only to find that the bracket had broken due to rust :banghead:. All the spare brackets I have are 84' and later and won't fit in the 83'. Apparently the part of the bracket welded to the frame rail is smaller on the 83' and the later brackets won't fit. If any of you have or know of a bracket that will fit an 83' or earlier manual tranny please let me know.
Thank you,
Dan

tryingbe
09-13-2013, 06:17 AM
I found mine after a long search

Part number 4267 208

Looks like this.

Good luck.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/DirtyDrifters/IMG_4544_zpsf833e4a4.jpg

DSP
09-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Yep, that's the one I need. Sucks to hear it took so long to find it. I was out playing around yesterday and it looks like if I cut a small amount off the end of the steel sleeve on the newer mounts, they can be made to fit. I am going to keep looking for an original one but in the meantime I'll try modifying one of the newer mounts to get the car back on the road. Also, if anyone knows of any yards that have early omni's/charger's please post or pm me a name and phone#. I don't care where they are located, maybe I can get them to pull the part and ship it.

Dan

tryingbe
09-13-2013, 07:06 PM
If you know somebody that can weld, I'm sure they can make the bracket in an hour or two.