PDA

View Full Version : Which tune best suites my build?

nowski1991
09-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Okay well I should be finishing up my build any time now and its about time I start looking into tunes. I was looking into a fwdp F5 I already have a socketed smec so I only need the chip. What tune do you think will be best from them? I will be throwing in a 3 bar map and a walboro when i finish it all up. Car already has +20s. I will list what I have done below and if anyone can give me input on what cal i can safely run and how much boost it would be greatly appreciated. The car will pretty much be just a fun street car with maybe a once and a blue track day.

1989 Sundance
Stock bottom end 2.5 turbo
Big valve head
2 piece
s60
ported exhaust manifold
crane cam springs
2.5 inch exhaust
csx sidemount
+20s
A555 with TU 6 puck,fidanza flywheel,Quaife and moly end plate.

turbodaytona87
09-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Okay well I should be finishing up my build any time now and its about time I start looking into tunes. I was looking into a fwdp F5 I already have a socketed smec so I only need the chip. What tune do you think will be best from them? I will be throwing in a 3 bar map and a walboro when i finish it all up. Car already has +20s. I will list what I have done below and if anyone can give me input on what cal i can safely run and how much boost it would be greatly appreciated. The car will pretty much be just a fun street car with maybe a once and a blue track day.

1989 Sundance
Stock bottom end 2.5 turbo
Big valve head
2 piece
s60
ported exhaust manifold
crane cam springs
2.5 inch exhaust
csx sidemount
+20s
A555 with TU 6 puck,fidanza flywheel,Quaife and moly end plate.

Are you set on FWDP? I would throw out a recommendation for Shelgame.

http://www.boostbutton.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=59

I run one of his calibrations and like it a lot.

speedfreek500
09-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Nice build, Boost button cal all the way. Try a Stage 4, He has great customer service also. I would look into another fuel pump tho, I use an areomotive 340gph and will never use a walbro again.

cordes
09-09-2013, 10:26 PM
It isn't too difficult to roll your own if you're patient.

nowski1991
09-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Awesome thanks for the input guys, I checked out the boostbutton cals I se he wants me to fill out a spec sheet. The only thing that has me worried is the head is ported but I dont have a CFM @ lift to tell him. I would love to tune it myself but as of right now I dont think Id be capable of doing it lol.

tryingbe
09-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Start playing with it, it isn't that diffcult.

Old MPtuner
http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/dodge/CSX/pumpeff.JPG

Then, buy this.
https://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the-new-breed-p-169.html?cPath=95

turbodaytona87
09-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Awesome thanks for the input guys, I checked out the boostbutton cals I se he wants me to fill out a spec sheet. The only thing that has me worried is the head is ported but I dont have a CFM @ lift to tell him. I would love to tune it myself but as of right now I dont think Id be capable of doing it lol.

It's probably not the best way to do it, but I got my cal before my ported head (ported head was kind of an after thought), and so far everything has been fine. I've only run the car at 10-12 psi however. And if you're starting with a base calibration that's close, it is fairly easy to add some fuel in the spots you start to go lean.

It doesn't look like FWDP lists ported head as one of the mods their cals are for, so you'd be in the same boat for a lot more money with them.