PDA

View Full Version : Cheese N' Wheels 2013

cordes
08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Where: Arthur, IL
When: August 31st - September 2nd

Saturday: Car show registration usually begins at 9AM. Cheese eating is usually around 2PM. Cheese curling to follow. No word yet on Cheese curd spitting this year. Ceremonial cutting of the cheese at 12:00.

Sunday: More free cheese. live bands at various points throughout the day. If anyone wants there is a local autocross not too far away.

Monday: Rat race 5K in the AM.

Free parts! If anyone has the need for TI parts or anything from a disassembled 600 turbo vert I have in my basement you're more than welcomed to it. I have doors, the whole interior, dash, etc. Some of it is in rough shape other parts are in great shape. I also have fenders, bumpers, tail lamps, front fascia pieces etc. Take all of my 600 stuff please!

It appears as though they aren't on the ball with getting the website updated this year so I didn't want to post up until I knew for sure what was going on. One of the ladies I work with gave me the scoop this week and everything looks like it'll be the same as usual. Last year we cleaned house taking home more car show trophies than any other club. We had a national champion, and a world champion crowned. Come be part of the excitement and perhaps help us to our first Cheese Curling World Championship. This is our year!

moparman76_69
08-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Lol who was "world champion" and at what?

cordes
08-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Lol who was "world champion" and at what?

My old roommate was World Champion Cheese Curd Spitter. He spit them into the next county. Literally. Of course you only needed to make it half way across the street for that...

In all seriousness though, he drove down from Detroit specifically for the contest on account of the fact that he has a crazy spitting ability. The next closest person out of probably 50 people was at least 3-4ft. short of his best.

wheming
08-25-2013, 08:32 PM
I guess there are worse things to be famous for....

cordes
08-25-2013, 08:35 PM
I guess there are worse things to be famous for....

No doubt. Right out of college he had to make a decision to keep running his company rather than become a pro eater. I'm hoping that he takes the national cheese eating championship if I don't this year. Last year the difference between 1st and 2nd place was about 6 seconds for the cheese eating.

chryguy
08-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey Brian,

When do they hand out the trophy's on Saturday?

How many cars usually show-up...

How many classes?

Haven't you and the better half brought home car-show hardware previously?

CG

cordes
08-26-2013, 10:28 PM
They are usually handed out around the time of the cheese eating competition That's usually around two.

There are usually around 70-100 cars

no classes for this show.

We brought home trophies last year because it rained and we were 3 of 13 cars to show up in a top 25 show. Now, if we could get a few more TM people to enter and use their ballots for the greater good that could certainly change. I plan on putting all running TMs into the show this year REGARDLESS of condition. I'm guessing 10 votes should get a trophy for sure. We had over 100 cars at our local show recently and 10 votes got you a trophy...

cordes
08-31-2013, 06:50 PM
It's been an interesting Cheese N' Wheels so far this year. We shot ourselves in the foot at the cheese eating and only came away with top 5 finishes. However, we did take home one of the biggest trophies at the car show again. It was super hot, but a good time as always. We're thinking about mixing it up for tomorrow so if you're coming out let me know via PM with a phone number and we'll fill you in.

BadAssPerformance
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Everyone wins when there is free cheese!

cordes
09-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Everyone wins when there is free cheese!

My belt is quickly losing the fight...

- - - Updated - - -

You know the cheese eating isn't going to go your way when this guy sits across from you...

http://www.filmonpaper.com/site/media/2011/03/TheWraith_quad-1.jpg