PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: WTB: Passenger side half shaft

QwikEVO
08-14-2013, 10:49 PM
I need this whole assembly:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/QwikSC2/null-11.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/QwikSC2/media/null-11.jpg.html)

It's for a stock 85 GLHT, so whatever other application that will work will do as well.

Anyone have one laying around that they could sell me? Thanks!

supercrackerbox
08-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I have one, but it's got the rest of the CV axle stuck in it. I could try to remove it, but it will take some time.

QwikEVO
08-15-2013, 12:06 PM
I have one, but it's got the rest of the CV axle stuck in it. I could try to remove it, but it will take some time.

That's the problem with the one I have. The one pictured is the one my friend took from his Charger so I could get on the road. I owe him a replacement so his Charger isn't missing pieces.

4 l-bodies
08-15-2013, 01:13 PM

That's the problem with the one I have. The one pictured is the one my friend took from his Charger so I could get on the road. I owe him a replacement so his Charger isn't missing pieces.

That's easy guys. Drill a small hole in hollow shaft and tap it for 1/8" NPT. Screw your grease gun into it and pump away, hydraulically pressing it out. Surely that is better than beating it up with a hammer. Works every time with no damage. Then place a NPT plug in it's place.
Todd

supercrackerbox
08-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Two things with that:

1. I don't have that many grease cartridges on hand in my shop, and

2. I'm paranoid that the drilling/tapping/plugging would create a weak spot in the tube and a potential failure. Of course, I guess I could weld it shut.

4 l-bodies
08-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Two things with that:

1. I don't have that many grease cartridges on hand in my shop, and

2. I'm paranoid that the drilling/tapping/plugging would create a weak spot in the tube and a potential failure. Of course, I guess I could weld it shut.

1. You need about half of one grease cartridge. Frugal chaps can stuff it back in the tube for other uses.:thumb:
2.The yoke ears will fail long before the tube will.:nod: Speaking of paranoia, ever thought all that rust freezing the two parts together is slowly weakening it from the inside out?:p Rust never sleeps...:evil:
3. Paranoia may destoy ya... (hehe)
Todd

supercrackerbox
08-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Wow, haven't heard that song in years . . .

Anyway, while in the shop tonight, I remembered that I actually had a good, clean intermediate shaft stashed away for the GLHS. But since both of my L-bodies have 555 trannies and unequal length axles, I guess I have no use for it anymore. I also have a rebuilt axle for a 525 L-body, still in the box from the parts store. What are they worth to you?

supercrackerbox
08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Do you still need this part, or can I post it for sale?

QwikEVO
08-26-2013, 11:12 PM
sorry forgot to check this forum after I bought one on TD.