PDA

View Full Version : Drawing our engine in SolidWorks. Need bore spacing

GLHNSLHT2
08-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Working on drawing up our engines in Solidworks and need the bore spacing. Wiki says 87.5. I say BS because with a bore of 87.5mm you won't have anything between the bores for a headgasket or any metal for combustion. Headbolts are about 95.8mm just measuring with calipers. If anyone has our engines all drawn up already I'd love a copy. Or if you have any other dimensions feel free to share. Trying to design a setup that would really benefit T3 guys but would also help the 8v and Masi guys as well.

ShelGame
08-11-2013, 04:01 PM
96mm.

This is a great idea. If you want help with anything, let me know. While I probably won't have time to sit down at my SolidWorks PC anytime soon; I do have several bare blocks - early, CB, TD that I could measure for you. I don't have a T3 specific block, though.

GLHNSLHT2
08-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks, gonna be a while for me to get this done, just got a copy of solid works to use at home so I'm on a big time learning curve here. I can see what I want to do in my head, But implementing it digitally with all the needed measurements and design is my struggling point.

lengel
08-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Head bolts are all so 96mm apart. I have all the head bolts and pin dim from when I made my fixture to drill out the head bolt holes. I think I have the bellhousing dim. too. When I get time at work I will see if I can dig them out.

Adam

ShelGame
08-13-2013, 08:43 PM
I'll try to upload my SolidWorks files for the block that I have. All I really have (with any precision) is the main bolt pattern.

zin
08-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a complete set of dimensions is "in the mix" here! Would be neat to have it all in one location!

PS Didn't any of the Mopar "Power Books" have the dimensions? At least for a few of the "standard" blocks? Seems like that would be one of the things one would publish so that racers could make their blocks "square to the world"...

Mike

shackwrrr
08-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Here is the bell housing pattern. This is out of the 2.2/fwd book I have. Note: this is the transmission, need to mirror the pattern for the block.

No other diagrams found in there when I flipped through quick.

ShelGame
08-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Here is the bell housing pattern. This is out of the 2.2/fwd book I have. Note: this is the transmission, need to mirror the pattern for the block.

No other diagrams found in there when I flipped through quick.

Nice. Too bad they didn't give the starter bolt pattern, too. That'd be nice to have.

GLHNSLHT2
08-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Shakk, thanks for the dimensions. What edition is that out of? My 3rd edition doesn't have it from what I can see.

shackwrrr
08-18-2013, 06:21 PM
I think its a first edition. 88 print date and its 2.2/fwd, no mention of 2.5.

turboshad
08-30-2013, 12:44 PM
I have a 96mm bore spacing as well as per my header flange models.

I'd love to see a copy of your file when you're done. I've been thinking of doing this for the 2.4 block and head.

Reaper1
08-30-2013, 05:32 PM
This is pretty cool! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I just don't have a computer I can do it on and my skills are, ummm, not so good (haven't touched actually modeling stuff in a while..plus it's CATIA..). I'd love to see the results!

fishcleaner
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I just joined this place
http://nextfabstudio.com/
and will be learning Solidworks there, and they have this 3D scanner
http://www.nextengine.com/
I also have a spare 568 trans, hmmmmmmm..... what to do, what to do?