PDA

View Full Version : Tuning help, dieing on decel, idle problems before O2 warms up....ect.

TFmech
08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Ok I have finaly get a chance to do a little tuning on the omni. I am running a V13 cal on a logic module. The fuel is pretty close as it runs pretty well out on the road for the little bit of time that I have had to adjust the tables for as tweaked as my setup is. The main problems I am having right now is when it first starts up till the wideband is warmed up it barely wants to idle as it is real lean. I dont really know what table I need to adjust to richen it up till it gets a O2 signal.

Next it coming to a stop. When coming up to a stop light off the throttle on compression. When I push in the clutch to stop it dies. If I let the clutch back out to bump start it will go right back to idle and run just fine till the next time I stop. I dont know if the AIS needs to be adjusted of what.

Thanks for help,
Kris

tryingbe
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Year, make, model?
Type of map sensor?
Type of injectors?
Verify VSS is working with a scanner?

TFmech
08-09-2013, 08:15 PM
86 omni glht t2 LM electronics
2.5l
83pph injectors
3 bar map
I have a scanner what are we talking about with the vss?

tryingbe
08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Check the vehicle speed with scanner and make sure it is not jumping around or 0.

TFmech
08-09-2013, 09:24 PM
I got ya always just called it a speed sensor. I will put the drb box on it tomorrow and check it out. I think it is working OK though as it has had this problem for a while and has had different transmissions and sensors in it.

TFmech
08-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Tuning got postponed till tomorrow morning got to busy today. I also forgot that I had put the old version 9 cal back in the car right before parked five months ago as I didnt have a chance to adjust the new V13 cal for it. I guess that is what happens when you race for 2 months straight..... I forget stuff like that. Just got a chance to adjust the V13 cal that rob made me for it and loaded it tonight. I will get the box on it tomorrow morn and see how it runs.

Thanks for the help
Kris

tryingbe
08-11-2013, 01:02 PM
If the VSS is bad, engine will stop when the car comes to a stop regardless of calibration.

bgbmxer
08-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Base idle set?

TFmech
08-12-2013, 02:32 PM
OK couldn't get the drb box to connect up for some reason guess I will have to diagnose that next time. Turns out it was the cal. Fires right up still a little rough till the 02 comes on line. Does anyone know what table or tables need to be adjusted to fix this or is it just something I have to deal with?

Doesn't die on decel now. Started adjusting the pumping table to get it rich enough. Which is where the next question comes in. Got all the a/f ratios scaled right injectors and the rest of everything in the cal is scaled the way it should be. To get the a/f the match the table I had to bring pumping table to close to 99% from about 3000-4500. Does this sound right just seems a little high to me? It seems to act right staying with the a/f table as boost comes on. It does pretty much big everything so I guess it could be that efficient. What do you guys think?

TFmech
08-14-2013, 06:00 PM
OK doing a little more studying on the way up to brained and there has to be something that is not getting scaled right. It has been awhile and I forgot that the a/f is in absolute. Which looking at the pumping efficiency table right now some of it would have to be 100% to make it even close to the the a/f table. Which I can't see as being right. The others I have done which yes they were a lot closer to stock only took just minor movements to make them close. Then once we had the pumping efficiency table close the fuel tables were almost dead on the guide line for A/F. What am I missing here?

tryingbe
08-21-2013, 01:47 PM
This is my CSX's pump table. It has a ported head and big turbo.

Green is stock 2.2, blue is mine.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/dodge/CSX/pumpeff.JPG

TFmech
11-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Ok get a chance to play with the hot rod a little more next week. Here is where I was at with the pumping table to get to run at 10:1. Everthing seems to look right in the cal. I checked the cam timing and it is as close as it has always been. Here is the sreen shot the green is the stock 2.5 pumping curve. It just dosent seem right. What do you guys think.

tryingbe
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Why are you running 10:1? People normally shoot for 11.5:1 with gasoline.

TFmech
11-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Why are you running 10:1? People normally shoot for 11.5:1 with gasoline.

sorry typeing to fast miss typed was supposed to be say 11:1 I know is a little rich but I wanted to start a little rich then lean it from there. The screen shot from above was just where I stopped the highest point was flashing between 11.0 and 11.3. The two points on either side of it were were 11.8 and 12.0. That is where I have the question the other cars I have done although closer to stock if you moved the pumping table that far they would be so rich that it wouldnt even run.

tryingbe
11-24-2013, 08:54 PM
What PSI level did you do this tune in?

TFmech
11-24-2013, 09:24 PM
It was originally setup for 20 but I turned it down to 12 till I could get the fuel close to where I wanted it. Which the numbers from above where taken from about 0-5psi because it would start leaning out above that. Like I said that was where I stopped but it was on the track to have to be at 99-100% from from 3500-5000 to make it rich enough just running with out boost or low boost anyway.

tryingbe
11-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Your WOT fuel table is too lean. Add about 13% more fuel to that table above boost and change the efficiency table back to stock and see how that work.

TFmech
11-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I will give it a try when I get to mess with it on tuesday.

TFmech
12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Your WOT fuel table is too lean. Add about 13% more fuel to that table above boost and change the efficiency table back to stock and see how that work.

Well I did not get a whole lot of time to mess with the car but the adding 13% to the fuel tables under boost worked like a champ. It is pretty much dead on 10.9 to 11.0 under boost right now. I was going to start leaning it out a little bit but did not get time. My question is why is it at 11:1 when the A/F guide says the points should be more like 9.5:1.

ShelGame
12-04-2013, 10:05 AM
What's the engine displacement in the A/F guide set to?

What intake air temp?

TFmech
12-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Engine displacement set to 2.5 and the intake air temp was is set at 90 Celsius or 194 F.

ShelGame
12-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Engine displacement set to 2.5 and the intake air temp was is set at 90 Celsius or 194 F.

Those are correct...

TFmech
12-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah I dont get it.

ShelGame
12-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah I dont get it.

This is the last cal I sent you? Let me look it over again today...

ShelGame
12-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Are you sure about the injectors flow rate? What injectors are they exactly?

TFmech
12-06-2013, 06:41 PM
This is the last cal I sent you? Let me look it over again today...

Yeah it is the last cal you sent me. The only other thing I had to change was the fuel pressure settings as it was set for 55psi. While I am running 43.5 psi. I can call my friend I got them from but I am sure they are 83pph injectrors as we went through about 10 injectors on the flow machine to make sure they were as close as we could find. They are disk style injectors.