PDA

View Full Version : TU cast header experience

spiro440
08-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to post my experience with the TU cast header. There are two reasons why I decided to get the header. First was for the improved flow . (I know that people have been getting good results from a stock ported one.) And second was for the ease of getting to the turbocharger.
The installation was like installing an original piece. It just sat perfectly. The ports matched up perfectly with the head. No touch up required. The S-60 turbo with the 3” swingvalve fitted just as well. Wastegate actuator and the braided s/steel feed lines as well.
The sweet part is that I ended up selling my s-60. And selling was a snap when I told the guy to come and see it run, test it, look at it and basically do what the heck he wanted to make sure the turbo was a good piece. He said I’ll take it, and an hour later he was leaving with it in hand and I was installing a GT30. One big turbo for an l-body. I was worried a little on the space available for the fit. NO HASSLE, it fit just as quick and I also installed a full 4” inlet pipping.
All in all it’s a great piece. Performance is there and the time and money saved are more than worth it.

Thanks to TU

A.J.
08-02-2013, 01:34 AM
The installation was like installing an original piece. It just sat perfectly.

I've installed at least four of these exhaust manifolds (on my van then same mani on my Dad's wagon, a Lancer, a CSX, and an Omni) and every one of them I've had to grind on the exhaust manifold or the intake manifold to make it fit. Other than that it's a good piece and definitely makes swapping turbos a lot easier.

spiro440
08-02-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm using a 2 pieces intake. Don't know if that adds to the clearance required. The one I purchashed was his last one. I got it awile back. He was keeping it but decided to let it go after a few calls during my winter build. Maybe it was already grinded when I got it. But damn, it does make the swap easier.

A.J.
08-02-2013, 01:11 PM
It doesn't matter on the intake. I've installed the TU cast header on one-piece and two piece intake engines. All needed grinding to fit. Since you got his last one, it might have been slated for an install and it was preground.

coronet2fast
08-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Installed one on my csx and had to do the same grinding A.J. mentioned around the intake. Also had to make a wga bracket to clear the heater hoses. Didn't have any issues around the brake booster which was my main concern when putting it on. I like it.