PDA

View Full Version : Rear wheel hub for rear disk

francois
07-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Shoot!:censored:

I realize today that I am missing a big part of my equation for my brake swap.
I thought I had everything until yesterday when I had a look at the rear disk and realize they slip over a hub.
I'm doing a lot of things at the same time.
Today, I'm like. OK. Let's look in the manual. Let's look at the drum. Nha, they won't come off. I need rear hub!
God *****t!

Does the solid and the vented one are any different?

Would those work? (according to the compatibility they would)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=dodge+daytona+Rear+Wheel+Hub+%26+Bearing-Axle+Bearing+%26+Hub+Assembly&_sop=15

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait a minute!

Would the hub being stuck on the drum?
So I would be able to reuse them?

turbovanmanČ
07-27-2013, 02:07 AM
The spindle aka where the bearing nut goes on is the same drum to disc but the actual drum hub will NOT work for discs, you must use a disc hub.

francois
08-01-2013, 02:34 AM
So I did a bit of research.

The hub that I posted, the first one is a 4 lugs and are for Honda...useless seller using a compatibility program that obviously isn't right.
The other one is a 5 lugs but for an Intrepid ('93-'97) no idea if they could be swap over but the bolt pattern differ so don't bother.
Anyhow, as far as I know, no one is making a rear disk hub, even Dura Int'l.

I did search for original part numbers.
I couldn't find the part number for the hub of a rear drum equipped car since it look like it was part of the drum from Mopar.

Here's a brief down of numbers for rear disk hub from Mopar.

-'87-'88 Shelby Z is 4313660.
-'89-91 Daytona, Shadow, Spirit is using 4383492.

Any difference between the two?

Also, all the Shelby cars from Whittier ('87 Lancer, '88 Thrifty and '89 CSX) have 4467861

According to Rbryant, the difference between a drum vs disk hub is mostly 6mm.
So what would be the difference between these 3 rear hubs?

I have a vented set-up and need the proper rear hub and I wonder if a 87-88 can fit or I need the 4383492.