PDA

View Full Version : 3 bar scaling with LM. Running rich.

Jtown
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Stock 1987 tII car. I got my bb lm and burnt a chip with a stage II cal. Ran great. Rescaled the stg II cal for a 3bar and burnt a different chip it runs fat 9.8 at idle/low speed and gets into the 13s at higher speed cruise with some lean spots on acceleration, then seems to be normal 9.7-10.0 with the little bit I got into boost. Rescaled a stage III cal for stock injectors and get pretty much the same results (didn't get into much boost), Plus the vehicle stalled on the highway and would only restart, idle a bit then die. So put back in the original chip I burnt with a unaltered stage II cal and the 2 bar map on the side of the road and it has been back to running good, mid 14s idle cruise 9.7-10.0 under wot boost.. Looking at the other thread it looks like this may be a scaling issue? Is the 3bar scaling just a ball park tune from there thing? Or is there another cal I should try for 3bar stock injectors? Also is it just me or does the prom erase function not work in mptune? Using a burn2.

tryingbe
07-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Use MPtuner to adjust the fuel as needed.

MoparStephen
07-25-2013, 10:23 AM
You will also want to make sure to change the overboost settings. I believe the stock cals have this set to 13.6 so just putting in the 3 bar sensor will not fix your overboost shutdown.

Jtown
08-04-2013, 03:08 PM
An update. Car would no longer run at all with any cal and the three bar map I got from bb. Plugged in the stock map with one of the 3bar cals and it at least ran. Was going to hook up the graphing meter and look at what the map voltage was doing but decided just to order up a delco sensor. Plugged in the delco sensor, scaled a stage iv boost button cal for 34.9 injectors, set boost/rpm at 16 psi, started right up and seems to be fine. Has an off boost tip in lean spot that shows up on the wide band but I can't feel it, otherwise wide band seems to show good afr.

ShelGame
08-04-2013, 04:40 PM
An update. Car would no longer run at all with any cal and the three bar map I got from bb. Plugged in the stock map with one of the 3bar cals and it at least ran. Was going to hook up the graphing meter and look at what the map voltage was doing but decided just to order up a delco sensor. Plugged in the delco sensor, scaled a stage iv boost button cal for 34.9 injectors, set boost/rpm at 16 psi, started right up and seems to be fine. Has an off boost tip in lean spot that shows up on the wide band but I can't feel it, otherwise wide band seems to show good afr.

So you had a bad MAP? Send me an e-mail, I can send you a replacement. I'm not going to get those anymore. That's the 3rd bad one I've had...

Jtown
08-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Email sent. Thanks again.