PDA

View Full Version : spirit r/t inspired mod

T1 woodywagon
07-01-2013, 08:10 PM
A few weeks ago I attended the turbo show and cruise down in Red Deer Alberta. I was looking at all the cars and trying to get ideas for when I install an intercooler in my car. One of my problems, is that I want to keep all the options I have now. a/c, cruise, and over flow. Also I want the in/out of the intercooler on the drivers side as well. So my main interference was the cruise control vacuum pot under the battery. Well I noticed a spirit r/t there with its cruise control mounted up on the strut tower above the master cylinder, and I thought what a great place to move my cruise control to.So after looking at a few of those body styles in the wrecking yards it seems that's where they put it on those cars from the factory. So I grabbed the cruise control brackets from a donor car and moved my cruise control up there today. It looks factory and works great, and now I have enough room to run my intercooler piping under the battery and up to my oem t2 air box. I am just going to open that hole beside the rad there and put everything thru there. I will be ordering my Treadstone intercooler and piping soon.

iTurbo
07-01-2013, 11:36 PM
From the factory mods are great. I have that cruise control setup in my Shelby Lancer thanks to upgrading to '91 Lebaron GTC harness. Also got the Power Distribution Center, 11" vented front/rear brake setup, cast iron control arms and dual-pivot control arms, bolt-in hubs, later model E-coil ignition coil, strut tower caps, A568 transaxle and leather shift knob, etc etc..all courtesy of the junkyard.