PDA

View Full Version : This Just In!

BadFastGTC
06-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Reeves ripped off a 10.24@141.33 right off the trailer.

blk86trbo
06-30-2013, 10:16 AM
That's really moving, congrats to Reeves!

85boostbox
06-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Alright who is gonna hit 9's first. Shadow or reeves???

Directconnection
06-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Excellent! The TM flagship streetfighter is back to kickin' azz.

wheming
06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
That really is cookin'.
Sweet!

cordes
06-30-2013, 12:32 PM
That is Awesome! Congrats to Reeves on two PBs on back to back weekends. At that level that is really something.

turbomini
06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
what track are they at?

cordes
06-30-2013, 01:21 PM
what track are they at?

They're in Indy for Monster Mopar.

2.216VTurbo
06-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats to the whole Reeves family, I'm betting his whole support crew is there as usual:grouphug: Nice seeing a family thatis so supportive and involved, it makes it enjoyable to hang out in the Reeves camp:amen:And getting a PB always rules:hail:

85glht
06-30-2013, 02:42 PM
WOW! Just WOW! That is hauling a$$.

Punish'nRice
06-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Awesome! Congrats on the time. :)

csxtra
06-30-2013, 05:37 PM
I was there...I (almost) saw that 5h!t. At least I saw the timeslip.

Monster Mopar Indy was once again rainy, not one car got to go down the track yesterday due to rain. But Reeves made up for that with the 10.24 PB on the first time trial this morning.

Unfortunately, that was the highlight of the event for the T-M world, all 4 of us were eliminated in the first round of the pro class eliminations. Tommy did get a 1.5x 60 foot, but the rest of the run didn't live up to his expectations, I am still trying to get the CSX dialed in, and JT's bad luck with axles at I.R.P./O.R.P/Lucas Oil Raceway continued with two broken axles this morning.

On the other hand, it was great hanging out with Reeves, Fleckster, JT, DSC, and Tommy, and I'm sorry I missed talking to Tim Costello. I hope you all had a safe trip home.

Lastly...you forgot the other big news for today...Happy Birthday Steve!! :thumb:

Warren

fishcleaner
06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
wow, great run, congrats

cordes
07-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I was there...I (almost) saw that 5h!t. At least I saw the timeslip.

Monster Mopar Indy was once again rainy, not one car got to go down the track yesterday due to rain. But Reeves made up for that with the 10.24 PB on the first time trial this morning.

Unfortunately, that was the highlight of the event for the T-M world, all 4 of us were eliminated in the first round of the pro class eliminations. Tommy did get a 1.5x 60 foot, but the rest of the run didn't live up to his expectations, I am still trying to get the CSX dialed in, and JT's bad luck with axles at I.R.P./O.R.P/Lucas Oil Raceway continued with two broken axles this morning.

On the other hand, it was great hanging out with Reeves, Fleckster, JT, DSC, and Tommy, and I'm sorry I missed talking to Tim Costello. I hope you all had a safe trip home.

Lastly...you forgot the other big news for today...Happy Birthday Steve!! :thumb:

Warren

Wow, it sounds like we missed a hummer of an event. Happy B-day to Steve for sure!

R/T
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Congrats to James, wish I could have been there, but it was just too much, too soon after SDAC.....

I'll be around for the *next* PB....!!! :thumb:

Gaboon
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Nice pass James!!

R/T
07-02-2013, 11:06 AM
AND: This pass was using the low (22psi) setting in first & second, then high (35+) in 3rd & 4th....!!!

contraption22
07-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Man thats rockin'. I'm sure there's a lot more to come with the new combo!

Shadow
07-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Just got back from the Cabin, Awesome news! When he went 10.4 on a sub par track in some nasty heat I told my wife Jacquie, "He's a comin!" lol

Really happy to see the competitive spirit alive and well in our little community, Congrates James!!!!!!!!!!!

ohiorob
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
:hail::hail:awesome. now give us the rest of the time slip.

85boostbox
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Just got back from the Cabin, Awesome news! When he went 10.4 on a sub par track in some nasty heat I told my wife Jacquie, "He's a comin!" lol

Really happy to see the competitive spirit alive and well in our little community, Congrates James!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to come out of that 1 year retirement and get that 9 second slip. :thumbup:

Shadow
07-02-2013, 01:28 PM
You need to come out of that 1 year retirement and get that 9 second slip. :thumbup:

lol Sorry bro, having Way too much fun cheering on my buddy Reeves!!!! :nod:

Shadow
07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow, pretty quiet around here. I know that James is busy getting his set-up all dialed in, but it would be Great to see his 10.40 (from SDAC) and 10.24 timeslips to see how he's doing. Also, No vids????

I'm really anxious to see just how well the clutch does. Finally, someone running it that will either find it's Limits, or Prove that I was wrong to doubt its capabilities in the first place! Can hardly wait, Go Reeves GO! :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Damn, we are not worthy, :p :hail:

lol Sorry bro, having Way too much fun cheering on my buddy Reeves!!!! :nod:

Would be more fun running 9's, :p

glhs875
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Very nice run!!!

Shadow
07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Would be more fun running 9's, :p

Trust me bro, I would feel Horrible running 9's this year! Sometimes it's just more fun to sit back and watch the wheels go round :)

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Trust me bro, I would feel Horrible running 9's this year! Sometimes it's just more fun to sit back and watch the wheels go round :)

HUH? :confused:

Vigo
07-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I think Shadow, who, i have to point out, talks a lot about other people not having 'track records' :p, is just so 100% confident that he CAN get 9s that to do it right now would just be stealing the spotlight from other members who are also doing good things? That's my guess.

If i was less confident that i could build a fast 8v, i'd probably try harder to do it, but sometimes you just dont feel the need to prove anything to anyone so if that's what it is, i can relate. :p

Shadow
07-10-2013, 11:29 PM
I think Shadow, who, i have to point out, talks a lot about other people not having 'track records' :p, is just so 100% confident that he CAN get 9s that to do it right now would just be stealing the spotlight from other members who are also doing good things? That's my guess.

If i was less confident that i could build a fast 8v, i'd probably try harder to do it, but sometimes you just dont feel the need to prove anything to anyone so if that's what it is, i can relate. :p

lol, well I really didn't think it was going to come to all this, but since you stuck your neck out guessing I might as well rate your guess; 8 out of 10 :)

You are correct, there is absolutely No doubt in my mind that the Charger can run 9's, IF I would have driven it as well as I did on the 10.28 run, it would have gone 9's already.

Having said that; Nothing is guaranteed or even Close at these power levels. Anything can happen at any time and I'm well aware that (knock on wood) the next time out, Could be it! (like the last time before that, ect ect)

You are also correct in thinking I have nothing to prove, as well, the Charger has nothing to prove to me, it has proven over and over beyond (now) what even I thought it capable of.

But your even More correct about your third assumption; The Charger has taken up the spotlight long enough, it's had two insane years and it's time to let others move forward and Thicken the playing field all round. I believe in friendly competition, always have. Good competitive rivalries alway give that little "push" that helps move anyone involved (and driven) forward.

Warrens Laser would be ahead of the Charger IF he hadn't decided to see how far the little 50 trim would go. I Get that, but many don't. I don't like ppl thinking the Charger is going to go nines before Warren and assume there is something Better about it when there isn't.

I was also very curious if Reeves would stay 2.5 (I believed he would :)) I think he's a little like me in that sense, he believes he can prove something (something that even I have spoken against) and I not only Get that, I applaud it!!:clap: Why else would I push so hard to try and give every piece of the puzzle (that I've found) to others if not for the hope that they can ALL go faster?

Add to all of this that I have "other" stuff that needs doing and after what the Charger did last fall, it just seemed the right time to "take a break" and get that other stuff done. (this was your missing 2 out of 10, otherwise you would have scored perfect! :thumb:)

To sum it up it's just a really Good time to sit and watch for a while, And Hope for Others to do well! :nod:

Vigo
07-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Warrens Laser would be ahead of the Charger IF he hadn't decided to see how far the little 50 trim would go. I Get that, but many don't. I don't like ppl thinking the Charger is going to go nines before Warren and assume there is something Better about it when there isn't.

I was also very curious if Reeves would stay 2.5 (I believed he would ) I think he's a little like me in that sense, he believes he can prove something (something that even I have spoken against) and I not only Get that, I applaud it!!

Yeah, looking at the work Warren has done to that car, you definitely get the impression that just saying 'runs 10s' doesnt begin to do it justice. I think the potential to go quicker and faster has been there for a long time, simmering. Even if it never happens it wouldnt be because he didnt know how, that's for sure!!

It's only relatively recently that i've come to some realizations about why the 2.5 might be harder to push VERY hard, than the 2.2 is, so i'll be watching Reeves with interest.

And we all know you will get your 9 when you are good and ready. :)

glhs875
07-11-2013, 05:10 AM
It's only relatively recently that i've come to some realizations about why the 2.5 might be harder to push VERY hard, than the 2.2 is, so i'll be watching Reeves with interest.)[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

85boostbox
07-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I can think of just the way the 2.5 is. Due to the piston speed and extra stress on the whole motor itself when you rev it up high.

turbovanmanČ
07-11-2013, 01:15 PM
lol, well I really didn't think it was going to come to all this, but since you stuck your neck out guessing I might as well rate your guess; 8 out of 10 :)

You are correct, there is absolutely No doubt in my mind that the Charger can run 9's, IF I would have driven it as well as I did on the 10.28 run, it would have gone 9's already.

Having said that; Nothing is guaranteed or even Close at these power levels. Anything can happen at any time and I'm well aware that (knock on wood) the next time out, Could be it! (like the last time before that, ect ect)

You are also correct in thinking I have nothing to prove, as well, the Charger has nothing to prove to me, it has proven over and over beyond (now) what even I thought it capable of.

But your even More correct about your third assumption; The Charger has taken up the spotlight long enough, it's had two insane years and it's time to let others move forward and Thicken the playing field all round. I believe in friendly competition, always have. Good competitive rivalries alway give that little "push" that helps move anyone involved (and driven) forward.

I was also very curious if Reeves would stay 2.5 (I believed he would :)) I think he's a little like me in that sense, he believes he can prove something (something that even I have spoken against) and I not only Get that, I applaud it!!:clap: Why else would I push so hard to try and give every piece of the puzzle (that I've found) to others if not for the hope that they can ALL go faster?

Add to all of this that I have "other" stuff that needs doing and after what the Charger did last fall, it just seemed the right time to "take a break" and get that other stuff done. (this was your missing 2 out of 10, otherwise you would have scored perfect! :thumb:)

To sum it up it's just a really Good time to sit and watch for a while, And Hope for Others to do well! :nod:

Where did Shadow go? Can someone bring him back please, :p

A fast car is a fast car, period. There is no spotlight, this isn't Mustang's.com, lol, just get it done, :thumb:

I can think of just the way the 2.5 is. Due to the piston speed and extra stress on the whole motor itself when you rev it up high.

I know I have a different setup but buzzing mine to 7500 for a season had 0 wear on the bottom end or pistons.

2.4's are very similiar in bore and stroke to a 2.5 and they have no issues spinning higher than our engines of any displacement.

Warren Stramer
07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah, looking at the work Warren has done to that car, you definitely get the impression that just saying 'runs 10s' doesnt begin to do it justice. I think the potential to go quicker and faster has been there for a long time, simmering. Even if it never happens it wouldnt be because he didnt know how, that's for sure!!

The only nine second number I'm really interested in is anything better than a 9.44, and that is my goal. Talk about who will get in the nines first is mute, it has already been done. The rest of us are trying to be second to get an 8 valve to run nines. (think Stephane B.)
I, and others could have been there a long time ago, but at least for me, I've become tired and lazy, and my wife HATES me spending money on racing; which is why I didn't buy a $2000.00 turbo a long time ago. Plus I thought I could get into the nines with what I had if all the conditions were perfect, and I still believe I could have.
I have always said that the Laser is a hobby, not a job. and when it becomes more work than fun, I would quit. So far it is still fun, got to have patience. There will always be someone faster than You and Me.
One thing I found out for absolutely sure; is the limit to my old 50 trim. I got EVERY last ounce of energy out of it.
Lastly, I have never blown one of these engine up, or had any kind of catastrophic failure, but lots of small problems have set me back. The work continues, Have fun!

MoparStephen
07-11-2013, 03:11 PM

What a great place! I'm a life long Mopar guy, new to this forum. It is so nice to see friendly competition, and the amount of knowledge that is shared here by all is second to none. Thanks to everyone who has already helped me with tuning questions. I hope to meet a few of you at this year's Mopar Nats in Columbus.

Stephen

BadAssPerformance
07-11-2013, 03:19 PM
The only nine second number I'm really interested in is anything better than a 9.44, and that is my goal. Talk about who will get in the nines first is mute, it has already been done. The rest of us are trying to be second to get an 8 valve to run nines. (think Stephane B.)
I, and others could have been there a long time ago, but at least for me, I've become tired and lazy, and my wife HATES me spending money on racing; which is why I didn't buy a $2000.00 turbo a long time ago. Plus I thought I could get into the nines with what I had if all the conditions were perfect, and I still believe I could have.
I have always said that the Laser is a hobby, not a job. and when it becomes more work than fun, I would quit. So far it is still fun, got to have patience. There will always be someone faster than You and Me.
One thing I found out for absolutely sure; is the limit to my old 50 trim. I got EVERY last ounce of energy out of it.
Lastly, I have never blown one of these engine up, or had any kind of catastrophic failure, but lots of small problems have set me back. The work continues, Have fun!

Well said :clap: agreed, its gotta be fun :nod:

I think we all look up to you as the "professor" in the community with everything you have been able to achieve! :hail:

BTW, I though the 8V record was 9.38? maybe 9.35?

Vigo
07-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Is that 9.44 the 8v record then? I was aware Stephane had done 9s a long time ago, but did not know the numbers.

Maybe you being budget limited has been a contributing factor to the fantastic level of craftsmanship you have put into your car. I know i wouldnt work on making the parts i have better if i always had the option to just buy something else!

85boostbox
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok let me put some perspective and I hope this doesn't hurt feelings. My 2 favorite TD's is Reeves and yours Rob's. Reason is is because your guys cars are both street cars. 2 put an 8 valve in the 9s and still be driven on the street is what blows my mind.

Warren your car is set aside due to the craftsmanship on a budget plan/ one guy doing it. Stephane's car is beyond fast (does he still even run) but yours is done in your garage by your hands. You are the professor hands down.

Shadow
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Well said my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Is that 9.44 the 8v record then? I was aware Stephane had done 9s a long time ago, but did not know the numbers.

9.44 @ 144mph is all I remember, never saw a timeslip nor video. Any run faster was on the 16v head AFAIK. Pure Alcohol, tube chassis, 1775lbs With driver and hydro wheel base extention bars (not track legal) with a crazy welded and modded head + a ton of other crazy stuff.

AFAIK all three of us (myself, Warren and Mr Reeves) are running non welded reproducible ported heads and are all 2300lbs or heavier with driver. That's a Big Difference!

Don't get me wrong, what Stephane did, and how long ago he did it was and still is, Nuts! (there was a time, not so long ago, that I thought it was UNTOUCHABLE!) But what's going on now with these three cars is Crazier and way more impressive to Me. (and it Should be, we've all had Years to learn from the past And from each other!) :)

Reeves
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Sorry I've been so lack lately. Swamped at work and been massively cleaning garage (long over due.....too many nights/overnights/mornings thrashing in the garage).

The OMNI hasn't been out of the trailer yet since Monster Mopar.

I did pick up a trailer to pull behind the OMNI for Hot Rod Drag Week. Starting getting my plans together for it.

My next plan of attack is to see what kind of ET I can get on pure pump 93 octane and whatever boost the 93 will allow me to run. I want to try not to haul race gas with me for Hot Rod Drag Week, but I still want to get as close to the class limit of 10.80 seconds as I can.

The 10.24 slip is at home on my dresser. I'll try to remember to pick it up and post it up.

Shadow
07-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I think the potential to go quicker and faster has been there for a long time, simmering. Even if it never happens it wouldnt be because he didnt know how, that's for sure!!
:)

Everyone Needs to understand that there is something to be said about Prooving things out before Rushing forward. I fully understand this, because I drove my own brother Nuts taking my sweet time and only changing one thing at a time and absolutly Prooving it's worth before moving forward.

This was the reason Warren put the 50 trim back on, to get BtB Proof of what the difference his head/cam combo made before putting a much bigger turbo on and always wondering how much of the difference is simply coming from the new Turbo? (+ he had the turbo already, so why not?)

So Yes, he has Always been aware of how much turbo the mtr could use, but when the 50 trim went back on and it was looking that close to 9's, I mean, what would be Crazier than that, a 9 second 8v on a 50 trim stage 3 without NOS! (It's to bad he didn't have a stage 5 hot side laying around. I really would have Loved to see the difference that could have made. :eyebrows:)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I've been so lack lately. Swamped at work and been massively cleaning garage (long over due.....too many nights/overnights/mornings thrashing in the garage).

The OMNI hasn't been out of the trailer yet since Monster Mopar.

I did pick up a trailer to pull behind the OMNI for Hot Rod Drag Week. Starting getting my plans together for it.

My next plan of attack is to see what kind of ET I can get on pure pump 93 octane and whatever boost the 93 will allow me to run. I want to try not to haul race gas with me for Hot Rod Drag Week, but I still want to get as close to the class limit of 10.80 seconds as I can.

The 10.24 slip is at home on my dresser. I'll try to remember to pick it up and post it up.

Better late than never! Would love to see the 10.40 from SDAC as well! (and a small write up of your initial thoughts of the new set-up if that's not asking to much :o)

Reeves
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
RT 0.060
60' 1.652
330 4.512
1/8 6.750
Mph 109.98
1000 8.652
1/4 10.246
Mph 141.33

turbovanmanČ
07-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Nice Warren and yeah, when it becomes work, its not fun anymore.

9.44 @ 144mph is all I remember, never saw a timeslip nor video. Any run faster was on the 16v head AFAIK. Pure Alcohol, tube chassis, 1775lbs With driver and hydro wheel base extention bars (not track legal) with a crazy welded and modded head + a ton of other crazy stuff.

AFAIK all three of us (myself, Warren and Mr Reeves) are running non welded reproducible ported heads and are all 2300lbs or heavier with driver. That's a Big Difference!

Don't get me wrong, what Stephane did, and how long ago he did it was and still is, Nuts! (there was a time, not so long ago, that I thought it was UNTOUCHABLE!) But what's going on now with these three cars is Crazier and way more impressive to Me. (and it Should be, we've all had Years to learn from the past And from each other!) :)

Tube chassis?

Shadow
07-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Tube chassis?

Well complete tube front end, which is basically the cassis on a FWD :)

turbovanmanČ
07-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Well complete tube front end, which is basically the cassis on a FWD :)

Hmm, I thought seeing pics where it was almost stock in the front except he had the front rad support missing.

Either way, it was still mostly a street car, even using stock struts in the front as he was cheap we were told, lol, and damn impressive. All you guys who are running 10's or faster deserve some major pats on your backs, :nod:

BadAssPerformance
07-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Flashback Friday!

Just a few days over 10 years ago at SDAC-13 where Beauregards car was still 8v... and although it had a liscense plate, I don't think it saw any legal street use

Shadow
07-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Flashback Friday!

Just a few days over 10 years ago at SDAC-13 where Beauregards car was still 8v... and although it had a liscense plate, I don't think it saw any legal street use

Agreed, I always thought that plate was an inside joke, Or an hint at just how swiss cheesed the rest of the car was! :)

- - - Updated - - -

RT 0.060
60' 1.652
330 4.512
1/8 6.750
Mph 109.98
1000 8.652
1/4 10.246
Mph 141.33

Nice! So PB 330' and on? What happened to the rest of the runs? Did the 60' and 330' go away as the day went on, or did the air just get worse?

turbovanmanČ
07-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Nice find JT.

LOL on the plate, funny thing is, a cop with no sense of humour could ticket him for defacing it, :lol:

contraption22
07-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Nice find JT.

LOL on the plate, funny thing is, a cop with no sense of humour could ticket him for defacing it, :lol:

LOL yeah you definitely couldn't get away with that in Pennsylvania.