PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Track Width?

cordes
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Is it the same in the front and rear? I seem to recall the rears being about .5" different one way or the other for the 600 perhaps, but I can't recall what it is for the 89 Daytona Shelby cars. I can't seem to find it in my FSM and I'm trying to do my alignment so it would be a pretty pivotal thing to know. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, after doing some digging at the very front of the FSM I found the track width.

It states in the 90' FSM that the daytona is 57.5" in the front and 57.6" in the rear. So my string will need to be about 3/64" closer to the wheel on each side in the rear. Good times.

GLHNSLHT2
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM
it's the same front and rear if you have the solid rear axle. If you have the hollow rear axle then it's narrower. Look on that page on the FSM at the smaller rear track width cars and that's the hollow rear setup.

cordes
06-19-2013, 11:42 PM
it's the same front and rear if you have the solid rear axle. If you have the hollow rear axle then it's narrower. Look on that page on the FSM at the smaller rear track width cars and that's the hollow rear setup.

Thanks for that info. I'm just finishing up so I'll see how it drives and watch the tire wear. Honestly, I've taken great pains to make this as accurate as possible so I think I'm probably very close. Of course that means that something has gone horribly awry and it'll be terrible now that I've said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again for the input. I didn't check the bar in the back, but the car tracks perfectly and handles well. We'll see how the tires wear over time. Thanks again for the help as that is a pretty pivotal piece of information. Literally.