PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1986 Plymouth Horizon

LaserGurl
06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Date: 14th June 2013
Username: LaserGurl
Full Name: Tifany Oslin
City, State, Zip: Muskogee, Ok 74401
Contact: email: tifanyanne@yahoo.com or PM me and I will be happy to give you my phone number
Selling or Wanted Price: $350.00

Description:

1986 Plymouth Horizon, 2.2 Carb, Auto trans, Grey color

Hi guys I am trying to find a home a home for my Horizon, I bought it to be my DD but things just never worked out. Anyways...

The Good:

Body is in great shape with only a little surface oxidation here and there. The floorboards are solid with no holes.

it has new carpet, new struts and shocks, new front brake lines, calipers, and rotors, new tires with less than 250 miles on them, new hatch struts, replaced heater hoses and radiator hoses, new distributor cap and rotor, new plug wires and plugs, Weber carb, Kenwood CD player and front speakers, Tach, Temp gauge, New head gasket, water pump, timing belt, and a recent front end alignment.

Transmission shifts like it supposed too and the car really drives very nicely.

The car does run and drive, but i certainly wouldn't feel safe driving it very far.

The Bad:

Headliner and package tray are missing and weren't there when I bought the car.

Small dent on the rear hatch on the drivers side

Someone has cut out the place on the center console where the map light was. Looks like maybe for an old school powered EQ or something... anyways, just a hole there now.

Ever since Ive had this car it has had overheating issues. The car overheats after about 10 minutes and just keeps getting hotter... nothing seems to make it cool back down again. To try to fix those I have replaced the water pump, sent the radiator out to be tested and replaced the head gasket and the timing belt and reset the timing. Nothing has made any difference at all. Im going to assume that it has a cracked head or block, or maybe its just something simple that someone with more knowledge could fix in a weekend.

When I changed the timing belt, somehow I got the crank pulley off just a hair and it has started to eat accessory belts, im sure it just needs to get lined back up again because it certainly wasnt doing that before i messed with it. Basically Im just tired and frustrated with this car and want it to go to a good home. And because I need to refocus my time and money on my SC.

Anyways, this thing would be a great candidate for a turbo conversion! I would throw in a turbo motor myself if I had the time and motivation. Or it could just get the engine rebuilt and someone would have a great daily driver.

Pics of the car can be seen HERE: (http://s113.photobucket.com/user/tifanyanne/library/Horizon)

Thanks everyone!

Tifany

For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.