PDA

View Full Version : Power door lock and seat systems . . . ?

supercrackerbox
06-08-2013, 11:37 AM
What is it that causes the power door locks to not work right?

They always lock using the button, and they always lock when the car hits 15mph. The problem is they will only unlock using the button once in a great while. This is true for both switches.

I've gone through all the check procedures in the service manual, and everything checks out EXCEPT the continuity test for the lock/unlock switches seem to be switched around in the service manual.

On that note, I have the same issues with the power seat switches (only work sporadically), and I also found a misprint in the service manual regarding the pinouts for the switch. But once I figured out which pin was "B", everything checked out.

Ideas?

85boostbox
06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
What year car???

supercrackerbox
06-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Sorry, 1991 Daytona Shelby.

85boostbox
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Try a different body control module

Dodge Aries K
06-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I think using "unlock" actually bypasses the BCM control of the door locking system.

Honestly, check the harness between the car body and the driver's door. I've had quite a few Chryslers (and Toyotas) with broken wires there from the door opening and closing a bunch of times.

bamman
06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Perhaps the BCM is not allowing the door to lock. From the FSM:

DOOR LOCK INHIBIT
The power door lock inhibit system prevents the
doors from being locked using the power door locks
when either of two conditions occur:
(1) The key is in the ignition switch and any of the
doors are open. The ignition switch does not have to
be ON.
(2) The key is in the ignition switch and the headlamps
are on.

supercrackerbox
06-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Like I said, the lock funtion works perfectly every time, it's the unlock that rarely works.

Body control modules are 1991 AG/AJ Premium model specific, and not easy to find, but I'll buy one if I can find one.

I'll pull the boots back and check the wires, but beyond that I'll have to put the door back together and revisit this another time.

bamman
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
This guy has a premium BCM for sale, don't know if it is the 90-91 or the 92+ one however:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?70520