PDA

View Full Version : Painting plastic

iTurbo
08-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm trying to black-out everything that was red under the hood of my Spirit R/T. Only thing left is the intake snorkel that reads 'intercooled turbo'. How can I make this black?

jory
08-23-2006, 02:42 AM
They sell paint made for plastics at hardware stores. I used it to paint my console when I put in a 5-speed, and it works great. No peeling or rubbing off and it looks good.

supercrackerbox
08-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I used some plastic trim black paint when re-doing under the hood of my '88 Z. I painted the plastic panels over the cowl and the nose area, and the ruber gasket that runs along the cowl. That actually did as much for the engine bay as anything else I did, and held up very well.

TurbododgePirate
08-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I was just going to come here and ask. I am considering completely redoing my Chargers interior in either white or black. HMMMMMMMmmmm

WVRampage
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Dupli-color makes some paint that is used for vinyl and fabric,thats what I used on the rampage when I got rid of all the gray trim that was in it,Every thing that was black in the rampage was gray.Now on the carpet on the lower door panels the paint doesnt work as well but the plastic it works great on.

ottawa rogue
08-24-2006, 11:34 PM
maybe try some Krylon Fusion? it's made specifically for plastics, but i don't know how well it'll hold up to underhood temps?