PDA

View Full Version : Looking for person who rebuilt this engine...SoCal

DOHCRT
06-08-2013, 01:02 AM
I purchased a 92 Spirit R/T drivetrain from a Marine @ Camp Pendelton. He said the engine was rebuilt by someone in L/A that has an R/T or 2. Ring a bell with anyone? The block is painted red and it still has the stock Mahle pistons, Fel-Pro head gasket, new Mopar water pump and still has balance shafts. I'm just looking for some historical information so I know if this engine is good to go or needs to be looked at further. The intermediate shaft and oil pump are shot, but #4 bearing looks like new.

Let me know if you have any info concerning this engine.

Thanks

2.216VTurbo
06-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Hmm, most of that doesn't sound familiar to me but a guy in LA with and RT or two might be Tony from A1 turbo(I think he sold that business name to another company but still has a small rebuild shop in LA). He has/had an IROC RT and a Spirit RT. His brother in law and main sidekick Roscoe was the guy who was always selling NOS VNT turbos on ebay. Wouldn't suprise me if he sold at least 20 that way. Anyway Roscoe was a BIG guy,an easy 400+lbs and his heart couldn't take the strain anymore and he passed away 2or so years ago:(. Now we don't see Tony around at the SoCal Applebees meetings anymore as they used to roll out together.

I suppose I gotta sk if the I shaft and pump bit the dust, wouldn't you be wanting to tear the motor down anyway and look it over carefully?

Also Vic, if you are adding any RT's to your collection, my 93 Daytona RT that I bought at SDAC 3 years is gonna be posted for sale soon. It's just taking up space at the shop I don't have. You've seen the shop, you know what I mean:o