PDA

View Full Version : Stealth plenum worth it?

Daytana
06-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I am pretty sure this has been covered a long time ago and I am beating a dead horse but I do not recall a clear answer to this; is the Stealth SOHC plenum an upgrade to our cars or is the Chrysler unit more than suffcient? Currently I am running p&p plenums, 1" spacers, udp, 180* t-stat, Mustang 5.0 coil, shorter coil wire, open element filter, ported 52mm tb, Dodge Ram trans cooler, exhaust, and the car feels pretty damn strong with plenty top end. Car is a 1994 Chrysler Lebaron LX. From what it looks like the Stealth unit was tuned for torque as it has a smaller plenum area but longer runners while the Chrysler unit has shorter runners but a fairly huge plenum area; I could be wrong? Any input?

Irocelectric93
06-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Actually the chrysler runners are quite long. They are def tuned more for torque. The stealth lower intake manifold will physically bolt up but you'll have to figure out a different fuel rail setup not that its super hard...the hardest hurdle is the thermostat housing. Kirk made it work but i don't know that he was ever really happy with the way he did it....i think it functioned fine and everything though. Really your best bets are 1 of 2....1) find a montero lower intake and build a custom upper plenum like brent did....size you're runners according to what your goals are, or 2) build a twin intake like Ed did. Or theres always the easiest option and prolly the best one depending on what you want to do and thats....just keep the chrysler one. It's not as bad as you might think anyway to be honest.

Sundance 6g72
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Try to find a 12 valve Diamante intake setup. Its very similar but it should just fit onto our head setup.

Daytana
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Actually the chrysler runners are quite long. They are def tuned more for torque. The stealth lower intake manifold will physically bolt up but you'll have to figure out a different fuel rail setup not that its super hard...the hardest hurdle is the thermostat housing. Kirk made it work but i don't know that he was ever really happy with the way he did it....i think it functioned fine and everything though. Really your best bets are 1 of 2....1) find a montero lower intake and build a custom upper plenum like brent did....size you're runners according to what your goals are, or 2) build a twin intake like Ed did. Or theres always the easiest option and prolly the best one depending on what you want to do and thats....just keep the chrysler one. It's not as bad as you might think anyway to be honest.

Yeah the Chrysler unit is very nice and has lots of plenum volume and rising runners; it doesn't look bad to me. Was just wondering if there were any gains to be netted with swapping out to the Stealth unit, not to mention they do look cooler since they say "V6 3000" or something on them lol.

Try to find a 12 valve Diamante intake setup. Its very similar but it should just fit onto our head setup.

I'll keep that in mind.

Ondonti
06-08-2013, 06:37 AM
I think the mitsu manifolds are something to hold onto if you want to make something.