PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Nova needs new paint job!

trannybuster
06-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Fellow work associate has a 1970 Nova which he put in a built 350 engine. He's owned for a few years and I swear, every year he's talkin smack about beating, dusting, killing my car GLHS(its built)...those things arent fast, its a four cylinder come on guy....blah blah...cause its a four cylinder. SO today he's in rare form, said he's stayin over 4hrs and is yappin about how he drove his car today, I replied "well good cause I got mine here, lets line'em up", then he starts with the excuses but to my surprise he's thinking about it, bad news for him is that I just dumped in 3 gallons of 110 and got the Emulator working this year and got some tuning in while I drove in to work. Anyhow I let it warm up and go on how he's probably gonna blow my doors off, and I can see his confidence building...and manage to get him out on the road. His car sure sounds wicked and you can never be sure. First run I pull on him pretty good but I must have been too giddy because I pull way too long in second and hear it banging off the rev limiter and I miss third...lol..I f'kn hate 3rd gear...anyhow he cathces back up and he's got this blank look on his face...LOL....then I do a 3rd gear roll and it looked like he was standing still....the look on his face was mint. We pulled over and he was like wtf, you got a supercharger under there, what do you got..?....Ive told him many times what it is but because it isnt a Chebby he nevers listens, well he got a four cylinder lesson today. He was asking if he could install turbo's.. :) Said if he had tires and posi it might beat me, I laughed and replied I had to take off the big turbo (t3/t4 46trim) and the small one was on, but Id be ready, he said 'bullsh$$..LOL!!!!..... He's a good guy, just brainwashed is all.

csx516
06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Cool beans

1BADVAN
06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
awesome, It is fun to teach the " know it alls" a lesson in Turbo-Mopars

trannybuster
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
He's been belly aching last few days, said he wasnt ready, didnt get traction...wow. Told him he doesnt come of the kill list until I see taillights..lol...Ive got him up on the dry erase board at work for all to see!

Rrider
06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Lolz thats great.