PDA

View Full Version : Autocrossed the Race Van and a nice CSX

Johnny
06-02-2013, 11:59 PM
First day (Saturday) I got to autocross a "crap-can" prepared mini van. 2.5 n/a 5-speed.
Here are photos of it. The guy that drives it all the time beat my time.
Was a blast to drive though. Had a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That hood scoop goes directly to the throttle body.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Was great to see a bunch of people I used to autocross with years ago. Also saw and talked to Sherri and her Dad.

Vigo
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Care to comment on the handling of the van?

Also, i like that fuel pump access plate..

Johnny
06-03-2013, 11:39 AM
It did rather well. Needs a larger rear bar. (I will deliver it this Wednesday to them) Most out there had a ball watching it and were amazed.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the photos of the CSX. Which did handle great. I kept beating the owner and builder (Mike in orange shirt) each of my runs, then he would push himself and then beat me his next run. My last run I finally got the hang of the car and really trust it. I dropped 1/2 second. He was "What?" and proceded to put it balls out and smooth and beat me by almost 1/2 second. Great times!!

85boostbox
06-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Looks like the csxt has some serious blowby issues lol. What's with the rag and ziptie on the dipstick????

Vigo
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
You might call it courtesy to other racers who have to use the same track as you and would be mad if they lost some runs to the time taken cleaning up your spill...

CSX is converted to automatic? Interesting. I love those Kosei wheels and would still like to get some. What is the deal with the plates for the struts?

Rrider
06-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Man that thing is pretty stripped. It did well but does it feel like a car? Can you tell its height? What are the windows made of??

Johnny
06-03-2013, 11:50 PM
He thinks he over filled it just a touch. Not much coming out but a few drips was not good while in line.
I did not ask him about the strut plates. Maybe a little help in lowering it?
The ven felt like a van but handled like a car..almost. It was so light.
The windows are all lexan.
It is lowered with shadow front struts and an axle flip.
And the rear shocks are sticking up into the floor area if you look.

Vigo
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
It kind of looks like the plates just let the strut shaft stick up higher so you can lower the car without bottoming out the strut. The only way that would work is coilovers, but im really interested because the plates look like something that might have been mass-produced for some other app.. Lemme know if you can find out any more about it!

I have talked to the builders of that van before. They told me what it weighs but i forgot. :p

Johnny
06-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Here is the results of the autocross with the CSX-T

http://www.eescc.org/Publications/2013Event4Results.pdf

Vigo
06-11-2013, 11:24 PM
He PAXd #4 overall? Very nice!